ADVERTISEMENT

Centre Region Council of Governments (COG) calls for mandatory vaccination of PSU students; barren responds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree its political but PSU is definitely making it challenging for those not vaccinated by making them get tested every week, students(on and off campus) and employees. And they have been very vigilant about it from what I have heard. Instead of going thru that on a weekly basis, people seem to be opting to get vaxxed so they stop getting hassled which in turn is sort of a round about way of mandating it. Even with the mandate I am guessing there are those that would hold out or find a Dr\religious reason to not get vaxxed?
not sure why the vaxxed aren't being tested. since we now know as FACT you can get and spread while vaxxed and have no symptoms. Seems no one is paying attention to what are inconvient truths.

Reactions: BW Lion and N&B4PSU
That 57% figure is suspect to me even though it comes from the state.

According to the state, 79,995 full vaccinations have been reported to them for Centre County residents. I suggest that not many of those were for students as the university has only had summer session since the vaccine was made available to the students' age group.

Population of the county is about 162,000, including 46,000 students. When we back them out we end up with a local population of 118,000. The census doesn't break down ages completely but lists 3.8% for under 5 and 14.8% for under 18 so let's take 2/3 of the under 18 number - 9.86% under 12 - those who are not vaccine eligible yet - so we back out another 15,900 people which brings us to a local resident vaccine eligible total of 102,100.

By my contortions above, I believe the local community is near 80% vaccinated. Even if we generously assume as many as 10,000 students are included in that 79,995 count, the local community is still 70% vaccinated.

That doesn't make Barron's premise that a student-only vaccine requirement was a bad ask wrong, however, I believe the pandemic was substantially driven by students and their carelessness last fall and concern about the students is reasonable.

Well that and teh fact they don't work. Pfizer the day after approval is now at 66% per CDC why give false hope.
I get a flu shot every year.

If I step on a nail I am going to go get a tetanus shot.

when did Americans become so soft? It’s really sad.

I can’t has maksss. I can’t getsss booster. Jesus.

Reactions: chuckrup
I get a flu shot every year.

If I step on a nail I am going to go get a tetanus shot.

when did Americans become so soft? It’s really sad.

I can’t has maksss. I can’t getsss booster. Jesus.

SHOT. THE. F*CK. UP. o_O

MASK. UP. OR. PACK. UP. o_O

PUBIC. HEALTH. POLICY. o_O

• Haha
Reactions: tgar
Dennis Hameister got “Baroned”.
This Hamster dude needs some quick facts on covid science... but grasping facts about transmission (and acquiring) the virus does not seem to be of any real concern. So, well done Barron for shutting twinkle-toes down.

Well that and teh fact they don't work. Pfizer the day after approval is now at 66% per CDC why give false hope.
Pretty sure that 66% is an overall number (down from opening line of 95) that includes a combined score for covid (A) and also Delta... but with regard to just Delta the efficacy is something like 44%. So a simple extrapolation suggest they will mandate the flu shot, too... after all, that's about where it's effectiveness is figured (annually).

Can't wait to see how the "vaccines" handle Lamda variant from south america. And whatever follows thereafter.

Out of curiosity, who is paying for all these tests, injections, boosters, etc?

As an aside: why is it spelled "curious" but that U gets dropped when it turns to curiosity? lol.

Pretty sure that 66% is an overall number (down from opening line of 95) that includes a combined score for covid (A) and also Delta... but with regard to just Delta the efficacy is something like 44%. So a simple extrapolation suggest they will mandate the flu shot, too... after all, that's about where it's effectiveness is figured (annually).

Can't wait to see how the "vaccines" handle Lamda variant from south america. And whatever follows thereafter.

As an aside: why is it spelled "curious" but that U gets dropped when it turns to curiosity? lol.
good post.

and the lagging efficacy is due to two things: Delta and time since the second dose. We don't know the ratios of which is worse than the other.

Reactions: N&B4PSU

A lot of misinformation gets thrown around about flu vaccines. Each year data from around the world is gathered and studied to determine which flu viruses are circulating in the population and which are likely to circulate. The selection of which to target with the yearly vaccine needs to be made well in advance of the actual outbreaks in order to give time for manufacturing and distribution of the vaccine. Anywhere from 3 - 5 different viruses are usually included in the vaccine...sometimes they get it right and sometimes they don't. Late arriving flu viruses, therefore not included in the vaccine, are usually the culprit for missing the mark in a big way.

Here is a link which explains the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT