ADVERTISEMENT

CDT mailbag

(1) Service Exception, (2) Pregnancy (obviously does not apply here), (3) Athletics Activity Exception (Pan Am Games, World Championships, Olympics, etc.), (4) Five-Year Rule Waiver (consists of; Circumstances Beyond Control, and Circumstances Within Control, with a list of both for getting a 6th Year) NOTE: The Five-Year Rule Waiver is what would be applied for to get Anthony a 6th Year.

Then there's the Hardship Waiver, often called a Medical Redshirt. Anthony already had a Redshirt Year, so this is not an option.

Hope that helps...paraphrased a good bit.

Interesting. Gravina at Rutgers had a redshirt year, so I'm guessing he also got his extra year under the five-year rule waiver rule rather than the "medical redshirt" rule. This is some obtuse stuff.

Interesting. Gravina at Rutgers had a redshirt year, so I'm guessing he also got his extra year under the five-year rule waiver rule rather than the "medical redshirt" rule. This is some obtuse stuff.

Will need to consult with Rutgers staff. They obviously know how to get all these things to go in their favor..from Suriano, to Gravina and now I'm hearing possibly Ashnault

QUOTE="pish69, post: 3172179, member: 54159"]Will need to consult with Rutgers staff. They obviously know how to get all these things to go in their favor..from Suriano, to Gravina and now I'm hearing possibly Ashnault[/QUOTE]

It’s the Big Ten’s only hope of slowing down Penn State, they are trying to squeeze us from the west, with tOSU and squeeze us from the east, with Rutgers.;)

Last edited:
Reactions: pish69
QUOTE="pish69, post: 3172179, member: 54159"]Will need to consult with Rutgers staff. They obviously know how to get all these things to go in their favor..from Suriano, to Gravina and now I'm hearing possibly Ashnault
It’s the Big Ten’s only hope of slowing down Penn State, they are trying to squeeze us from the west, with tOSU and squeeze us from the east, with Rutgers.;)[/QUOTE]
Squeezing us huh? I know how to defeat that play:

I believe Garrett Scott took that Grey Shirt approach a decade back. I know he was enrolled his Grey Shirt year, but it was probably part-time with no wrestling activities with the team. He still may be able to compete independently in opens? Dinmore grey shirted and competed in wrestling opens, but I do not think he was even enrolled that first year.

I believe Garrett Scott took that Grey Shirt approach a decade back. I know he was enrolled his Grey Shirt year, but it was probably part-time with no wrestling activities with the team. He still may be able to compete independently in opens? Dinmore grey shirted and competed in wrestling opens, but I do not think he was even enrolled that first year.
RIP

ADVERTISEMENT