ADVERTISEMENT

Cassar to 285 ?

golfer1922

Dec 20, 2017
Had another wrestling-related ride last night......picked up the son of a great ,ex-PSU wrestler(mid to upper 80's) from NY state. He never won a national title but came real close 2x. He saw my wrestling hat and obviously we were talking PSU wrestling. He offered, he is very good friends with Cassar and it is "very likely AC is going to be wrestling 285 this year" due to Nevills shoulder issues. As we all have seen on another thread on this forum, AC is getting bigger. I guess, time will tell ??

Had another wrestling-related ride last night......picked up the son of a great ,ex-PSU wrestler(mid to upper 80's) from NY state. He never won a national title but came real close 2x. He saw my wrestling hat and obviously we were talking PSU wrestling. He offered, he is very good friends with Cassar and it is "very likely AC is going to be wrestling 285 this year" due to Nevills shoulder issues. As we all have seen on another thread on this forum, AC is getting bigger. I guess, time will tell ??
Have you considered getting a video cam for the inside of your car? Uber-Ride confessions, could be the next big thing;)!

The Cash Cab Lorenzo, Psu Wrestling Style, offer money if riders are able to answer Psu Wrestling Trivia. Imagine if we relied upon Uber drivers to find out if Tommy Stevens was starting over Trace? Oh, the world of offseason collegiate wrestling we live in

Reactions: jtothemfp
Sorry if I'm behind the curve, but do Nevill's "shoulder issues" mean that he's out for a while, or could possibly be out?

Sorry if I'm behind the curve, but do Nevill's "shoulder issues" mean that he's out for a while, or could possibly be out?

IMHO, it is doubtful in spite of internet gossip that Nevills has actually decided to retire. I think it is more likely that Cassar is going 285 for several reasons.
1. Holding 197 has just become to hard.
2. Unlikely to beat out Rasheed who will have another year to get bigger.
3. Possibility (although IMHO only a slight one) that Nickal is going 197.

Reactions: tomkaren
IMHO, it is doubtful in spite of internet gossip that Nevills has actually decided to retire. I think it is more likely that Cassar is going 285 for several reasons.
Hate to say it, but there could be a possible transfer in order then.

If the transfer was in order, the transfer most likely would have occurred already. The fact everybody seems to working the camps and Willie hasn't come on here and posted he knows a secret we don't know just reinforces the no transfer thought.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
If the transfer was in order, the transfer most likely would have occurred already. The fact everybody seems to working the camps and Willie hasn't come on here and posted he knows a secret we don't know just reinforces the no transfer thought.
Stoll pin Cassar?

Cassar would have transfered already and he certainly wouldn't be bulking up. He is a really great kid who I think he bleeds blue and white. I don't think he was ever a transfer risk.

Let's really think this through:

1) The only place that HWT makes sense for him is PSU, so if he is bulking up that's proof to me he is here to stay. He could start and podium at 197 for most of the programs in the country.

2) As for the Shakir peice, they were reportedly very close in the wrestle off, no clear domination there.. Remember Cassar was returning last year after 2 years of injury. I think with another year he was going to beat out Shakir, then again Shakir will have another year under his belt as well. Bottom line is the was no 'compelling' reason for him to bail on another shot at 197.

3) I hope Bo stays at 184, but I don't think Cassar would have gone HWT, this year based solely on Snaks being hurt - See #2 above. He could have stayed at 197 and the only down side for the team would have been burning big Snack's red shirt. One would think a 50/50ish shot at beating out Shakir is a better course to take than pileing on 30lbs and taking on the giants.

4) so if Cassar is bulking up for HWT that tells me 3 things:

i. Nick really is hurt with his prospects of a full season 50/50 at best
ii. Bo is also moving up to 197 and Bo and Cassar have had enough mat time in the past for Cassar to know he has no chance vs Bo (pretty much a consensus).
iii. Shak is probably already cutting for 184, not that big a cut if he was walking a around near 190 last year.

iv. We are still killer strong with that lineup, with a little drama at all three weight classes providing us with excitement and unknowns.

Cassar at heavy - he will have the best neutral game in the nation. If he can stay aggressive I see a lot of potential for higher than normal Heavy scoring. Time will tell if he will be able to get out from bottom or hold the biggest guys down.

Bo at 197, I am licking my chops for the matchup with Moore. As good as Moore is, he is no Gabe Dean. I hope Bo bulks up nicely and sports some guns next fall.

Shak at 184, as the cut is not too severe I see him as Top 4 as long as his gas tank issues don't resurface from 2 years ago when the cut was bigger. I think he out Athleticizes Martin which is something to behold (assuming that was a real word).

This scenario has enough meat on the bones for PSU, tOSU, OSU and Iowa fans to care as well. Come on Willie get that trench coat on and do some investigatin' I want 10 minutes of one of your next Floradio broadcasts to address this with just a little inside info to make it worth while.

Last edited:
No. 1 was discussed and was the agreed upon reason between AC's 2 friends.
Also, no discussion about Nevills status other than his shoulder surgery.

No. 1 was discussed and was the agreed upon reason between AC's 2 friends.
Also, no discussion about Nevills status other than his shoulder surgery.

Hmm they would know better than I, but I don't know if Isee a 230 lb Cassar consistently beating a 260 lb 'full healthy' Nevills, likewise a guy like Stoll would be very tough unless Cassar can come out of the gate more Snyder-like than we think. I think there is more to the story than just 'the cut was getting to tough'. In 3 months ugh, we'll know more.

Reactions: garw
iirc, didn't what's his name do some clinics last year?

Sounds like chris or Greg’s kid?

Was there a free ride involved?

I might get flamed for saying so, and i understand this is an open forum, and that times have changed, but i get a little uncomfortable reading info on here that was possibly given to someone in confidence. The old school in me feels if you’re going to use information someone has told you, you should ask permission to use it, or at the least let them know what they say might be on the record. Just my personal opinion as a former sports writer.

I might get flamed for saying so, and i understand this is an open forum, and that times have changed, but i get a little uncomfortable reading info on here that was possibly given to someone in confidence. The old school in me feels if you’re going to use information someone has told you, you should ask permission to use it, or at the least let them know what they say might be on the record. Just my personal opinion as a former sports writer.
A conversation in a cab/uber would hardly be confidential.

Is it too much to ask for our fans to spell the names of our wrestlers correctly?
Misspelling? Dang. And here I thought recruiting Shakira was genius use of the slush fund.

Sexy-Shakira-Music-Video-GIFs.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT