ADVERTISEMENT

Cassar now 238 lbs? Wow!

Could be wrong, however for some reason I remember someone stating that Raptor was at 230 - 235 last year for some matches.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Could be wrong, however for some reason I remember someone stating that Raptor was at 230 - 235 last year for some matches.

Yeah, I had thought last year that Byers had referenced 238 during a dual, so I was expecting high 240s/low250s this year. But someone was confident I had misheard the 238 last year. Then again, with all the griping by a certain handful of posters from another forum about "gaining 40 lbs of muscle" last year, I still wonder whether 238 was in play at some point last season.

That all said, Cassar did look thicker yesterday.

Yeah, he was in the low 230s for much of the first semester last year. Eventually leaned out to 228 with the grind of the season. I expect he'll dip under 235 at some point this year.

A bigger, stronger, faster Cassar spells bad news for anyone at heavyweight. Byers mentioned on the broadcast that he thinks Cassar is more explosive and faster now than he was last year with the 10lbs of muscle.

Cassar is definitely a solidly-built young man. Strength AND quickness AND technique, are a tough combination to beat in college wrestling. That said, there's a ton of talent on the college scene, and he wants to improve as he tests the waters of freestyle success.

I'm excited to see how the year plays out, as there are no guarantees. Young Cassar has a great attitude about the situation he's in, and the opportunities he's facing.

Reactions: PD4thespawn
ADVERTISEMENT