ADVERTISEMENT

Casey email

86PSUPaul

Aug 17, 2017
A new Casey email came out today. Here it is for anyone not on the email list

Penn State Wrestling Fans!!!!!!!

It has been just over a week now since our first competition of the year and it was fun to watch our guys finally get a chance to compete. Our goal every year is to get better each match and by the NCAA tournament be ready to win a National title. It is a much different year then in the past but for the most part our guys did get better every match that they competed in last week and we expect them to continue to do that going forward.

We had quite the adventure to get 3 matches in 4 days but the guys responded well. We started our trip early last Friday morning by loading the bus and heading over to the BJC for our daily Covid test and then on to the airport from there. After a short layover in Dulles, we arrived in Chicago early afternoon, drove to Evanston, and got situated in our hotel. After our evening workout we went and got another Covid test and then focused on getting ready to make weight and compete on Saturday.

Our first match Saturday was against Indiana and then after Indiana and Northwestern wrestled, we had the opportunity to wrestle Northwestern. Some of the guys wrestled great and some of the guys know they can wrestle better but regardless we had the opportunity to compete for the first time in a long time. We thought our weekend was over, but because our flight was not until Sunday when a storm rolled in it provided for the potential to compete again.

On Sunday when we arrived at the airport, we were notified that our flight was delayed which is normally not a big deal but because we had a connection it meant we were not going to make our next flight. With only being 2 hours away from Madison, and knowing that our match with Wisconsin and Michigan was not going to happen Coach Cael called Coach Bono (Wisconsin’s coach) and asked if they were interested in wrestling us on Tuesday. Coach Bono agreed so our administrations went to work on it and shortly after we were in rental vans on our way to Madison. After 2 more Covid test and several workouts we were competing again Tuesday night. Our guys competed a little better from their previous 2 matches so it concluded a great 4 days of wrestling.

We had this past weekend off because Michigan was on pause and we already wrestled Wisconsin, so we were able to have some officiated matches in our room and get ready for this weekend. As we now know our match with Iowa is not going to happen because they are on pause but we are still trying to line something up with another team for this weekend so we should know very soon if that is going to happen.

We have about 3 weeks until the Big Ten Tournament and about 5 weeks until the National Tournament, so it has been and is going to be a very quick season. Our guys have wrestled their entire lives so regardless of how many matches they have going in they will be ready to go. Thank you for all the support and hopefully you get to watch our guys compete again this weekend.

In Nittany Lion Wrestling Club news we have another event coming up on February 23rd on Rokfin.com/nlwc with some great match ups. We will have several guys wrestling multiple matches so it will be another great night of wrestling. Also, now available to view is a 2 part series on Gilman, Snyder, and Coach Mark’s trip to France. It was a fun behind the scenes look at these guys getting ready for and competing in France. We will look to do more of these things in the future to give more of a in depth look into some of our guys in the NLWC.

GO LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you get on the mailing list?
I believe if you belong to the Penn State Wrestling club or the Nittany Lion Wrestling club you get the emails from Casey. It's pretty easy to join either online and relatively inexpensive. The Penn State Wrestling club has several pre match luncheons thru the season and has a fantastic end of the season banquet for the wrestling team that is open to members and their guests. Highly recommend you join if like PSU wrestling.

Last edited:
I believe if you belong to the Penn State Wrestling club or the Nittany Lion Wrestling club you get the emails from Casey. It's pretty easy to join either online and relatively inexpensive. The Penn State Wrestling club has several pre match luncheons thru the season and has a fantastic end of the season banquet for the wrestling team that is open to members. Highly recommend you join if like PSU wrestling.

I think you need to email Casey directly to get on the list. His email is available on the PSU website. The Penn State Wrestling Club posts the email on their website but it is not sent out directly to members.

I think you need to email Casey directly to get on the list. His email is available on the PSU website. The Penn State Wrestling Club posts the email on their website but it is not sent out directly to members.
At one time he must have gotten the list from PSWC since I never emailed him directly and it comes to me. Maybe they just don't do updated as new members join?

Reactions: creamery freak

Mine is and has been since it started. I've been a member of the PSWC for over 20 years.

Mine is and has been since it started. I've been a member of the PSWC for over 20 years.

Interesting. I have been a member for that long too but I specifically remember signing up for his email list. However, I get the email twice every time so that is probably why. Once because I signed up and a second one because I am a PSWC member.

The Penn State Wrestling Club provides Casey an email list of their active members occasionally.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT