ADVERTISEMENT

Carton named head coach

Maybe he can Pletcher on staff…🤪
Don't do it... don't do it...
200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: PASLP2
And if he was coach he would hopefully always know where he was supposed to be…..

Have they been assigned to a mat in KC yet? Asking for a friend…

Here is relevant data from 2017:
Consolations, Mat 1, and Pletcher
Wins 9-6.

In non-board-inside-joke discussion, UW-P dismissed their coaches with like, less than a month before nationals, if I'm not mistaken. There were quite a few people not stoked about it. Never knew what became of that.

In non-board-inside-joke discussion, UW-P dismissed their coaches with like, less than a month before nationals, if I'm not mistaken. There were quite a few people not stoked about it. Never knew what became of that.

Thank you for sharing that. I had heard other reasons around the rumor mill, but hadn't heard anything about this. I just remember a very vocal group around the program being very upset about them being dismissed. Now, that looks a little silly. They knew exactly why.

Thank God the practices discussed in this article are now illegal. Back in my day saunas, working out/sleeping in rubber suits, using laxatives, self-induced vomiting, taking water pills, dehydrating yourself, etc. were all passed down from older wrestlers to younger wrestlers and were considered just part of the sport. It's a miracle that more wrestlers didn't die from these activities, and I consider myself one of the lucky ones. Some of the things I did to make weight were downright criminal.

Thank God the practices discussed in this article are now illegal. Back in my day saunas, working out/sleeping in rubber suits, using laxatives, self-induced vomiting, taking water pills, dehydrating yourself, etc. were all passed down from older wrestlers to younger wrestlers and were considered just part of the sport. It's a miracle that more wrestlers didn't die from these activities, and I consider myself one of the lucky ones. Some of the things I did to make weight were downright criminal.
and I feel like I'm still paying for it today... 40 years later. Can you walk into an 'all you can eat' buffet without thinking it is a contest to see how much you can eat? :)

• Haha
Reactions: 82bordeaux
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT