"Can't you just shoot them? Just shoot them in the legs or something?" 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

pioneerlion83

May 29, 2001
SouthernMD, by way of NJ and PSU
Lots in here about Milley, Kelly, and some Pompeo. General Selva's (Vice Chairman Joint Chiefs) response near the end of the article, pushing back on Trump's parade, is a great tribute to what I believe America is, and what its Constitution truly stands for.
The link should allow all to red behind the NY Times paywall.

Here is the link to the New Yorker article from which the book excerpts were taken from:

This New Yorker article is much more complete and detailed than the excerpts in NY Times article.

Last edited:
Reactions: RoyalT12

LioninHouston

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005
Lots in here about Milley, Kelly, and some Pompeo. General Selva's (Vice Chairman Joint Chiefs) response near the end of the article, pushing back on Trump's parade, is a great tribute to what I believe America is, and what its Constitution truly stands for.

Here is the link to the New Yorker article from which the book excerpts were taken from:
Sounds like lies to sell books.

Reactions: psuted

pioneerlion83

May 29, 2001
Lies eh? 🤣 Then I expect the libel/slander/defamation lawsuits to be filed by the end of the day, right? Cease and desist orders??? No, of course not. 😡That's not going to happen.

Trump can't claim libel or slander or defamation, because then he'd have to take the stand under oath, after everyone else already testifies to the truth of what he actually said. Perjury is a bad look for Trump...not his brand, right?

• Haha
Reactions: RoyalT12 and psuted

pioneerlion83

May 29, 2001
Yes 👍. You can just shoot them in the leg.
Self-defense is quite different than the military opening fire on its own citizens to suppress a legal gathering of people protesting. Its illegal under the Posse Comitatus Act, and ton of other portions of the UCMJ.

Nice try! Though not surprising given the fascist dictator desires that form the basis of MAGA.

Reactions: NJPSU

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
Biden is just another typical Democrat and liberal elitist that never was faced with these type of situations where spit second judgments need to be made. Shoot in the leg?

My God, most times once a cop gets called the situation is already escalated and someone else is in jeopardy of getting killed or injured. A social worker talking an irate and all ready irritated mental nut job off a cliff when the situation is already out of control. Good grief!

Where does these clowns come from?

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
Lies eh? 🤣 Then I expect the libel/slander/defamation lawsuits to be filed by the end of the day, right? Cease and desist orders??? No, of course not. 😡That's not going to happen.

Trump can't claim libel or slander or defamation, because then he'd have to take the stand under oath, after everyone else already testifies to the truth of what he actually said. Perjury is a bad look for Trump...not his brand, right?

Nonsense, another stupid post.

Can’t stop demonstrating your naivety can you?

Reactions: psu skp

LioninHouston

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005

Well, regardless, it has long been proven that our own government has been weaponized to go after Trump, and little will be done about it. That is what happens to ANYONE who takes on the establishment. Even you leftists owe a debt of gratitude to what Trump did.

LioninHouston

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005
Self-defense is quite different than the military opening fire on its own citizens to suppress a legal gathering of people protesting. Its illegal under the Posse Comitatus Act, and ton of other portions of the UCMJ.

Nice try! Though not surprising given the fascist dictator desires that form the basis of MAGA.
Legal gathering? Funny stuff.

LioninHouston

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005

As you leftists were destroying the country with “peaceful protests”, I wish many of them had been shot in the legs. It could have saved innocent lives and lots of money.

junior1

May 29, 2001

Part of the problem with the NYTimes or any of the media for that matter is that they spent 4 years pushing a narrative that they knew, or should have known, to be false. They want trump to move on, but they can’t seem to let trump go.
I’m not saying that the author of the book is wrong or anything, I’m just not into he said she said.
Now for milley…imo, he has not distinguished himself as chairman joint staff. The military doesn’t seem to be as “war ready” as in years past and the Afghanistan withdraw will go into military war colleges as “how not to..”
I’m not a trumper…..hope he does not run in 2024

Reactions: pioneerlion83

fbh1

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2002
Bellefonte, PA
It sounds as if you can't handle the truth. If it doesn't fit your position it must be that people are making up lies. Too many of his former aides and advisors have the same type of stories to tell. If you really want to see what many of them have said, just read Bob Woodward's book FEAR. He reported a lot of this stuff more than a year ago. I definitely want to read this new book that should be out to the public next month. As has already been pointed out, if Trump believes he was wronged... he always has the option to sue the authors. I doubt very much that he wants to be put in a place where he has to testify under oath.

MaconNitt

Oct 18, 2016
Biden is just another typical Democrat and liberal elitist that never was faced with these type of situations where spit second judgments need to be made. Shoot in the leg?

My God, most times once a cop gets called the situation is already escalated and someone else is in jeopardy of getting killed or injured. A social worker talking an irate and all ready irritated mental nut job off a cliff when the situation is already out of control. Good grief!

Where does these clowns come from?
Ted, I know you are suffering from a lack of nutrition from eating all that ramen. Did you read the link? The topic is what Trump said about the protesters in Lafayette Square not about police/social worker getting called to get a mental nut job off a cliff. Good Grief! Stay on topic.

The general’s frustration with the president peaked on June 1, 2020, when Black Lives Matter protesters filled Lafayette Square, near the White House. Mr. Trump demanded to send in the military to clear the protesters, but General Milley and other top aides refused. In response, Mr. Trump shouted, “You are all losers!” according to the excerpt. “Turning to Milley, Trump said, ‘Can’t you just shoot them? Just shoot them in the legs or something?’” the authors write.

pioneerlion83

May 29, 2001
Well, regardless, it has long been proven that our own government has been weaponized to go after Trump, and little will be done about it. That is what happens to ANYONE who takes on the establishment. Even you leftists owe a debt of gratitude to what Trump did.
Ummm...hmmm...there's taking on the establishment and doing good. There there's committing felonies in office, and raging like a moronic, spoiled kid who doesn't get his way and doesn't ever want to be told "no". Trump is the latter, not the former.

I don't owe Trump anything, nor appreciate pretty much anything he did. Didn't vote for him, Never will. Oh! Wait! I do owe him something...thanks for ignoring and mis-managing and accelerating the pandemic to such a horrific level that it created an inflationary environment and a pretty decent COLA for my CSRS pension!

LioninHouston

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005
It sounds as if you can't handle the truth. If it doesn't fit your position it must be that people are making up lies. Too many of his former aides and advisors have the same type of stories to tell. If you really want to see what many of them have said, just read Bob Woodward's book FEAR. He reported a lot of this stuff more than a year ago. I definitely want to read this new book that should be out to the public next month. As has already been pointed out, if Trump believes he was wronged... he always has the option to sue the authors. I doubt very much that he wants to be put in a place where he has to testify under oath.
Were there about 51 of them?

19.METRO-1-copy.jpg

LioninHouston

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005
Ummm...hmmm...there's taking on the establishment and doing good. There there's committing felonies in office, and raging like a moronic, spoiled kid who doesn't get his way and doesn't ever want to be told "no". Trump is the latter, not the former.

I don't owe Trump anything, nor appreciate pretty much anything he did. Didn't vote for him, Never will. Oh! Wait! I do owe him something...thanks for ignoring and mis-managing and accelerating the pandemic to such a horrific level that it created an inflationary environment and a pretty decent COLA for my CSRS pension!
Well, there is no law against being an ungrateful moron. More power to you.

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
Ted, I know you are suffering from a lack of nutrition from eating all that ramen. Did you read the link? The topic is what Trump said about the protesters in Lafayette Square not about police/social worker getting called to get a mental nut job off a cliff. Good Grief! Stay on topic.

The general’s frustration with the president peaked on June 1, 2020, when Black Lives Matter protesters filled Lafayette Square, near the White House. Mr. Trump demanded to send in the military to clear the protesters, but General Milley and other top aides refused. In response, Mr. Trump shouted, “You are all losers!” according to the excerpt. “Turning to Milley, Trump said, ‘Can’t you just shoot them? Just shoot them in the legs or something?’” the authors write.
I’m commenting on the Biden video.

Reactions: MaconNitt

LioninHouston

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005
They have trouble staying on topic, especially when they can't refute it

name calling
deflection
what aboutism

"yeahbuts" live in the woods
You still think the damning content on Hunter’s laptop is Russian disinformation? Still wear a mask outdoors?

pioneerlion83

May 29, 2001
You still think the damning content on Hunter’s laptop is Russian disinformation? Still wear a mask outdoors?
Wait!!! YOU CAN'T GO AFTER HUNTER's LAPTOP, UNTIL YOU PEOPLE FINALLY "GET" HILARY AND HER EMAILS!!! HER SERVER!!!!
OH THE HUMANITY OF HER SERVER!!!

But back to "the laptop"....There's nothing there. Zippy. Nada. No charges. No grand jury indictments. Nothing...
7797744-1x1-700x700.jpg

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
Wasn't it right after he proposed shooting American citizens in the leg that Trump asked his advisers if he could give himself the Medal of Honor? I think it was. :cool:

Reactions: maypole

maypole

May 9, 2022
Wasn't it right after he proposed shooting American citizens in the leg that Trump asked his advisers if he could give himself the Medal of Honor? I think it was. :cool:
I can‘t imagine what he’d ask for if he proposed shooting them in the face.

lurkerlion

Aug 2, 2011
It is extremely disheartening to read this thread. No search or even curiosity about the truth.

If Trump said some of that stuff he was wrong. Maybe the generals were stonewalling him and he was venting. IDK.

I do know, however, that the laptop is real. Hunter meticulously filmed himself having fun and committing crimes. I would have already been in jail if that were me. That is reality. IDK if they can prove if Joe is the Big Guy but Hunter should be in jail. He is free only because of tribalism.

I also know that the 50+ intel officers lied when they signed that letter. They knew that there were no doubts.

Was Trump off the rails? Was he venting against a fully entrenched deep state? We will probably never know. But both tribes remain certain based on their tribal desires.

maypole

May 9, 2022
It is extremely disheartening to read this thread. No search or even curiosity about the truth.

If Trump said some of that stuff he was wrong. Maybe the generals were stonewalling him and he was venting. IDK.

I do know, however, that the laptop is real. Hunter meticulously filmed himself having fun and committing crimes. I would have already been in jail if that were me. That is reality. IDK if they can prove if Joe is the Big Guy but Hunter should be in jail. He is free only because of tribalism.

I also know that the 50+ intel officers lied when they signed that letter. They knew that there were no doubts.

Was Trump off the rails? Was he venting against a fully entrenched deep state? We will probably never know. But both tribes remain certain based on their tribal desires.
Yes, Hunter should probably be in jail. No, you would not have been in jail already, he hasn’t been arrested yet.
But lots of ifs, I don’t knows and deep states in your post, all giving trump the benefit of the doubt.
DOD‘s Secretary Esper says it’s true. Seriously, can you imagine any other president ever asking this?

Reactions: fbh1

LioninHouston

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005
Yes, Hunter should probably be in jail. No, you would not have been in jail already, he hasn’t been arrested yet.
But lots of ifs, I don’t knows and deep states in your post, all giving trump the benefit of the doubt.
DOD‘s Secretary Esper says it’s true. Seriously, can you imagine any other president ever asking this?
All I have ever asked for is for the media to treat all POTUS, all politicians actually, the same. Generally speaking, the media gives Dims a pass and treats Republicans like they‘ve burned their houses down. Hunter is exactly the kind of person the left WANTED Trump’s kids to be. He is a sick, crooked POS. The Big Guy has been lying too. We know that now.

Now, everyone knows how this entire story would have been handled if it were Trump, instead of Biden. They’d be ALL over it. Trump is a POS in many ways, but if he is as bad as the left claims, why have they made up so many lies about him along the way? I guess the truth wasn’t bad enough. Trump has been investigated like no other politician, ever. Now, it is time for the Bidens. That whole situation smells to high heaven.

RoyalT12

Dec 3, 2020

This New Yorker article is much more complete and detailed than the excerpts in NY Times article.
These guys would deny it if they saw it for themselves. They are too far gone to listen to factual recollections of the total insanity of their God. Deny, deflect, insult- it’s the something every single time. Trump could rape their sisters and they day she was a lying never Trumper. It’s a sickness they will never recover from.

Reactions: maypole

lurkerlion

Aug 2, 2011
I would have been arrested, tried, and married to Big Bubba in prison. The evidence on the laptop is ironclad.

maypole

May 9, 2022
All I have ever asked for is for the media to treat all POTUS, all politicians actually, the same. Generally speaking, the media gives Dims a pass and treats Republicans like they‘ve burned their houses down. Hunter is exactly the kind of person the left WANTED Trump’s kids to be. He is a sick, crooked POS. The Big Guy has been lying too. We know that now.

Now, everyone knows how this entire story would have been handled if it were Trump, instead of Biden. They’d be ALL over it. Trump is a POS in many ways, but if he is as bad as the left claims, why have they made up so many lies about him along the way? I guess the truth wasn’t bad enough. Trump has been investigated like no other politician, ever. Now, it is time for the Bidens. That whole situation smells to high heaven.
What lies? Like you mean he lost the election?

pioneerlion83

May 29, 2001

50+ Intel Officers, career officials, lied, as you and LioninHouston and the NY Post claim...you know nothing about them, but you're all sure they lied...right, right, right...

But Trump, "I dunno...maybe he's just venting?" He's the ****ing President! He's asking the military to shoot American Citizens!...and you all see nothing wrong with that? Whoa boy!
The President's vents, and says crazy things, insulting things about wounded vets (who he says he supports - now there's a liar!), potential illegal orders, and MAGA-world is "meh 🤷‍♂️?" 51 Intel officers sign a letter - the vast majority of whom NONE OF YOU PEOPLE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT, AT ALL! - and you're all CERTAIN they lied. So full of shit you all are.

Reactions: fbh1

Ski

May 29, 2001

This is why you don't just shoot them in the leg:

Bullet passed through Brian Robinson’s knee without damaging ligaments, tendons or bones

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 30, 2022, 1:33 PM EDT

It may seem strange to describe Commanders running back Brian Robinson as “lucky” after he was minding his own business in his car when two carjackers shot him, but the details of the shooting do suggest that luck was on his side.

Although he was struck twice, Robinson appears to have avoided any major injuries that would affect his football career. According to Mike Garafolo of NFL Network, a bullet passed through his knee without doing any significant damage to ligaments, tendons or bones.

An NFL running back who gets shot in the knee could easily have his career ended, and yet Robinson is remaining on the active 53-player roster. That suggests the Commanders’ medical staff thinks he’ll be ready to play soon.

That’s great news for the team, and even better news for Robinson, who faced a situation that could have been career-ending or even life-ending, and came out of it largely OK.

Latest posts