ADVERTISEMENT

Can't Wait for Cenzo to Gore the Bull in Next Meeting

Hedonist1

Jun 16, 2016
getting tired of all the hawkeye talk of the "bull" - yeah I know he's good and has an extremely impressive resume. I think what's getting lost is how much Cenzo was dominating him and probably should have had back points if ref was more attentive during match and ONLY due to Cenzo's questionable over aggressiveness was the bull given a chance in that match - granted, he converted on that chance.

I think that's going to be a great lesson learned that will pay dividends going forward. The only issue is that Cenzo will now have to beat both the bull and Imar at Bigs instead of only the winner of those two.

I guess if I were a hawk fan, I'd be overly optimistic as well because aside from PA boys Lee and Kemdog, he is their only ray of hope. Sorenson is top notch but can be beaten by others and will be punked by Zain, as always.

Stoll has very little aside from his sloth dance. So, from their view, they have little to be excited about except for 1 possible champ this year. Although I like Lee and wish he were a Lion, I don't think he'll have enough stamina to win multiple matches against top level opponents. Hope I'm wrong and he can beat Nato again.

Reactions: ccdiver
I'm looking forward to their next meeting too. Cenzo won't make the same mistake. The silver lining/irony is that Joseph's loss to Marinelli earned the team additional points in the B1G tourney... IMAR and Alex will each have a bye, Cenzo will bonus first round.

I think Cenzo wins the next one as well but let's not take anything away from Marinelli. He stood toe-to-toe (for the most part) and battled throughout that match. I think next match will be pretty much the same with Cenzo in control but Marinelli keeping within striking distance.

I also expect Zain to bonus next time v Sorenson b/c I believe the refs in the tournament will force Brandon to wrestle (which should benefit Zain.)

Marinelli is very, very good. Let's give him credit for the win. The object is to have more points than your opponent at the end of 7 minutes, which he did. How he arrived there isn't really relevant.

Cenzo may well beat him next time ( and I think he will), but let's not act like it's a given. Cenzo will need to earn it.

I think Cenzo wins the next one as well but let's not take anything away from Marinelli. He stood toe-to-toe (for the most part) and battled throughout that match. I think next match will be pretty much the same with Cenzo in control but Marinelli keeping within striking distance.

I also expect Zain to bonus next time v Sorenson b/c I believe the refs in the tournament will force Brandon to wrestle (which should benefit Zain.)

Not just the refs re Sorensen. BIGs and NCAAs Sorensen will be wrestling to win instead of not to give up bonus. At least I would hope he will.

I haven't yet been able to see the Zain-Sorenson dual match. If Sorenson stalled to keep off his back, the next matches will be in a different context. At the time of the dual match, Iowa was in the lead and Sorenson needed to keep from getting bonus'ed. In tournaments it's win or fall out of contention. I suspect that if Sorenson stalled to keep from getting bonus'ed, he won't do that in the NCAA's.

Didn't look at McFadden's body of work but doubt he'd be undefeated in Big action. Think conference champ gets the nod.

Didn't look at McFadden's body of work but doubt he'd be undefeated in Big action. Think conference champ gets the nod.

Its the NCAA so I am throwing all logic out the window hahahah

My guess is top 4 are

1) Winner of B10
2) McFadden (assuming he stays undefeated)
3) the winner of last meeting between 2nd in bigs and third in bigs
4) odd guy out.

It wouldnt' shock me though to see McFadden get the 1 as an undefeated conference champ.

ETA: This assumes Bull, VJ, Imar make up the top 3 in Bigs. If thats not the case, then this opinion is useless.

I'm looking forward to their next meeting too. Cenzo won't make the same mistake. The silver lining/irony is that Joseph's loss to Marinelli earned the team additional points in the B1G tourney... IMAR and Alex will each have a bye, Cenzo will bonus first round.

Now that's what I like, a POSITIVE spin. We should/could get an extra 2 bonus points if Cenzo has a 1st round match at BIGs.

Reactions: ccdiver
Undefeated wrestlers get the 1. Sheptock got it over Ruth. Port over Stieber. Etc.

We'll see - don't see too many quality wins...probably best was Valencia and he's proven to be quite average.

Undefeated wrestlers get the 1. Sheptock got it over Ruth. Port over Stieber. Etc.
I will just point out that Sheptock wrestled a much tougher schedule than Mcfadden, and also owned a win over Gabe Dean, which obviously we know Ruth had a loss to. However, in regards to Mitchell Port, your theory definitely holds true.

Last edited:

Any thoughts on where a 40-1 [assuming after EWLs] Marsteller fits in the seeding scenario? #5?

165# at NCAAs gets really interesting real early.

Marinelli is very, very good. Anyone saying that they know what will happen in the next match is fooling themselves. Don't get me wrong, I agree that Cenzo was in control, and if he hadn't gone for the throw, he would have won. That said, Marinelli is a tough guy to score on. I'm looking forward to watching this all play out.

Reactions: RoarLions1
We'll see - don't see too many quality wins...probably best was Valencia and he's proven to be quite average.
Also Wick and that is it as far as quality wins. McFadden only gets the #1 seed if Joseph is the B1G champ. No way he gets it over an undefeated Marinelli or Imar. It would really stink if Joseph and Imar meet in the semi-finals.

Damn good question!

-Got the big 4 from the B1G. Although Massa would need a big run @B1Gs to get above the 6-8 seed range for now.
-Then the B1G has another good 4 [Wick, Wanzek, White, and even Lewis]. The OSU Campbell there too, but fading fast.
-There's another good 5 from OOC [McFadden, Marsteller, Walsh, Rogers, AValencia].
-Imagine if the current RS's were here too [Smith, Steiert, Mehki Lewis, Drew Hughes?].
-Just a great weight class [and I'm probably forgetting someone(s)]?. Obviously there's a handful of these guys who've separated themselves a bit from the pack. But LOTS of interesting match-up potential, depending where they all slot in.
-Did I mention tOSU has no shot at AA at this weight;)

Any thoughts on where a 40-1 [assuming after EWLs] Marsteller fits in the seeding scenario? #5?

165# at NCAAs gets really interesting real early.
Best guess = 5 or 6 with Chandler Rogers getting the other. Marsteller beat Walsh. McFadden will get seeded higher. The rest are below Walsh for seeding purposes.

Also Wick and that is it as far as quality wins. McFadden only gets the #1 seed if Joseph is the B1G champ. No way he gets it over an undefeated Marinelli or Imar. It would really stink if Joseph and Imar meet in the semi-finals.
From a fan perspective, absolutely -- that should be the NCAA final.

From a PSU perspective, not quite as clear. Getting Martinez Friday night, with him having to make weight again on Saturday morning, might not be the worst problem to have.

I'm fairly confident the officiating in Cleveland and the B1G's will be far different from what we have watched these last couple matches. They will make guys wrestle and punish guys for trying to club and run, club and hang or stiff arm and circle. Cenzo will be fine and like last year, use this as motivation to make a statement. Ignorance is bliss and HR is the most blissful place on planet earth :)

From a fan perspective, absolutely -- that should be the NCAA final.

From a PSU perspective, not quite as clear. Getting Martinez Friday night, with him having to make weight again on Saturday morning, might not be the worst problem to have.
Martinez had trouble with weight at Nolf's weight class. Is he still having trouble at Cenzo's weight class? The weigh in affects both wrestlers; does the more onerous Friday weigh in hurt Cenzo more or Martinez more?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT