- Aug 21, 2001
- I take off from the USA to Canada only to learn we have to wear masks for the 3.5 hour flight
- FA tells us we are the lucky ones as this restriction ends Friday
- Goes on to say masks are required in trains and airplane but noplace else (busses, public locations, etc.)
- I arrive in CA and hustle to get though immigration and customers: No Problems
- I get to the hotel and see that CA notified me that I have been randomly selected to get a COVID test and to go to someplace in the airport to get tested. I am not 45 minutes away from the airport
- Another option is to get a test locally. I have no transportation. But I do find a place that gives you the self test.
- After filling out 7 multi-page requests, with all of the same information (name, home addy, addy in CA, Registration number, flights in and out, email registration number, home assessment number, and test kit number) I finally have a Zoom appointment to shove a swab down my nose and send it in
- I leave at 7 am Wednesday morning, before they get the results
- The entire program is done Friday so if I had come in next week, none of this would be necessary.