Canada is so screwed up

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
  • I take off from the USA to Canada only to learn we have to wear masks for the 3.5 hour flight
  • FA tells us we are the lucky ones as this restriction ends Friday
  • Goes on to say masks are required in trains and airplane but noplace else (busses, public locations, etc.)
  • I arrive in CA and hustle to get though immigration and customers: No Problems
  • I get to the hotel and see that CA notified me that I have been randomly selected to get a COVID test and to go to someplace in the airport to get tested. I am not 45 minutes away from the airport
  • Another option is to get a test locally. I have no transportation. But I do find a place that gives you the self test.
  • After filling out 7 multi-page requests, with all of the same information (name, home addy, addy in CA, Registration number, flights in and out, email registration number, home assessment number, and test kit number) I finally have a Zoom appointment to shove a swab down my nose and send it in
  • I leave at 7 am Wednesday morning, before they get the results
  • The entire program is done Friday so if I had come in next week, none of this would be necessary.
As screwed up as the USA is, Canada is a dictatorship. In the meantime, everyone in Canada (hotel, medical facility, etc.) just laughs and shakes their heads. Total Shit-Show. As Reagan said "govt is not the answer to your problems, govt is the problem"

Aardvark86

Jan 23, 2018
yeah, we had to use the arrivecan app this summer for a land crossing. not particularly intuitive.

Reactions: Obliviax

interrobang

Aug 21, 2016
I was in Canada in June for a cruise. I was sweating getting flagged for a random test

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
  • I take off from the USA to Canada only to learn we have to wear masks for the 3.5 hour flight
  • Goes on to say masks are required in trains and airplane but noplace else (busses, public locations, etc.)
  • I arrive in CA and hustle to get though immigration and customers: No Problems
  • I get to the hotel and see that CA notified me that I have been randomly selected to get a COVID test and to go to someplace in the airport to get tested. I am not 45 minutes away from the airport
  • Another option is to get a test locally. I have no transportation. But I do find a place that gives you the self test.
  • After filling out 7 multi-page requests, with all of the same information (name, home addy, addy in CA, Registration number, flights in and out, email registration number, home assessment number, and test kit number) I finally have a Zoom appointment to shove a swab down my nose and send it in
  • The entire program is done Friday so if I had come in next week, none of this would be necessary.
As screwed up as the USA is, Canada is a dictatorship. In the meantime, everyone in Canada (hotel, medical facility, etc.) just laughs and shakes their heads. Total Shit-Show. As Reagan said "govt is not the answer to your problems, govt is the problem"

Trudeau is a very bad dude.

LdN

Reactions: Ski and Hotshoe

Chickenman Testa

Jan 4, 2003
yeah, we had to use the arrivecan app this summer for a land crossing. not particularly intuitive.
Yeah - I did a 6 hr loop near Thunder Bay to knock off Ontario and that was a hassle. Bigger hassle was border goons not quite understanding why I’d visit for just 6 hours. Rummaged through my trunk only to get a whiff of smelly hiking socks.

5 provinces and territories to go until I’ve covered all o’Canada

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
bustedtees-493e41dc-7e13-4131-b342-55da7856.gif

Marylovesthelions

Sep 29, 2008
Mt Dora FL
Thank you Jesus for governor Ron DeSantis. He keeps at least part of America free and safe. Make America America again