ADVERTISEMENT

Can we please take the high road on Saturday?

Call me crazy, but it’s a great opportunity to show that we are the classiest fans in the country.

Leave the trashing of Urban up to others. There are plenty of people that will gladly play that role.

Go out of your way to be a welcoming fan base.

The media will be watching our response to Urbs and there’s nothing more they want than to throw us under the bus again.

Wouldn’t it be awesome if we win and give them a standing “O” at the end?

Golden rule.

Other than the standing ovation thing, I agree. I hope the students and fans stay classy.

Reactions: Erial_Lion
Honestly - I don't advocate taking the "low road" but if anyone is going to do it, save the vitriol another 2 weeks for the Michigan State fans.

This is true: SPARTAN FANS are the real losers and mouth-breathers among B1G fans. They have a perpetual inferiority complex and it manifests itself regularly.

OSU fans were very decent to me during my visits in 2011, 2013 and 2017. MSU fans, less so, during my visits there in 2015 & 2017.

Last edited:
The OSU fans did give our team a standing ovation after what happened in 2011.

Be savagely loud and throw OSU off their game all night! But don’t be hateful or stupid...especially after what we went through.

Call me crazy, but it’s a great opportunity to show that we are the classiest fans in the country.

Leave the trashing of Urban up to others. There are plenty of people that will gladly play that role.

The media will be watching our response to Urbs and there’s nothing more they want than to throw us under the bus again.

Golden rule.
No

With Game Day there...the chances of PSU Student civility toward the OSU Head Coach is precisely zero.

And that's okay :D

With Game Day there...the chances of PSU Student civility toward the OSU Head Coach is precisely zero.

And that's okay :D
Yeah I suspect there’s already a run on wife beater shirts for the white out garb at the local target

Reactions: paws1957

Golden rule.

I'll make you 2 promises:

1 I will not say anything remotely unclassy

2 I'll be more than happy to standup and give the nuts a standing "O" when the final second ticks off the clock and the score says 63-14 in favor of the good guys in the white hats. At that point the nuts performance will have earned a standing "O".

Reactions: Zenophile
Give OSU a “standing O”... now that’s funny. App St deserved it, but screw O$U and screw Meyers!!! Let’s shock the world on Saturday!!!! WE ARE!!!

Golden rule.

Plenty of mixed opinions here but I’ll do my part to try to make a positive impression on visiting fans. I will say that our experience in Columbus last year was great (except for the final score). Plenty of interaction with Buckeye fans and none of them hostile. Friendly banter of course but nothing terrible. Worst/funniest thing I heard was after the game. Walking through their student union, a drunk student whispered to me - “your season is over”. We had fans going out of their way to give us directions around campus, some history of the university, recommendations for restaurants, etc...

I always remember, a wise man once said, “don’t get into a pissing contest with a skunk”.

Now, get off my lawn and carry on...

People are gonna’ be what they are gonna’ be. And jazzed up 20 year old - grouped in the thousands - ain’t the best demographic for “non-stupid” behavior.

That said..... I have NEVER, EVER seen a group of Visiting “fans”, anywhere, that go into someone else’s town/stadium and carry on like complete jackasses...... except for our Friends from Columbus.

[Even crazy-ass Pitt and WVU fans back in the day - many of whom were complete azzholes in “their house” - were largely good, decent folks when they travelled here (I am sure, at least in some degree, that the young and low-rent idiots portion of the fan bases are less likely to have either the inclination of the $$ to make the trip)]

As such, while I would hope to see instigated situations of drunk-stupid-idiocy from PSU “fans” kept to a minimum, I expect to see a lot of stupid on Saturday.

Students are one thing... I just hope they don’t do anything stupid or target adults.

I just hope the our adults can show some restraint and hospitality.

Reactions: Erial_Lion
Last minute whiteout shirt idea:

DnyqubEXUAE-IWk.jpg:large

Reactions: berklion
People are gonna’ be what they are gonna’ be. And jazzed up 20 year old - grouped in the thousands - ain’t the best demographic for “non-stupid” behavior.

That said..... I have NEVER, EVER seen a group of Visiting “fans”, anywhere, that go into someone else’s town/stadium and carry on like complete jackasses...... except for our Friends from Columbus.

[Even crazy-ass Pitt and WVU fans back in the day - many of whom were complete azzholes in “their house” - were largely good, decent folks when they travelled here (I am sure, at least in some degree, that the young and low-rent idiots portion of the fan bases are less likely to have either the inclination of the $$ to make the trip)]

As such, while I would hope to see instigated situations of drunk-stupid-idiocy from PSU “fans” kept to a minimum, I expect to see a lot of stupid on Saturday.

"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity."
Harlan Ellison

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I saythere is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe."
Frank Zappa

Reactions: Zenophile
I went to eat at a sports bar with my son yesterday. There were different groups of fans there watching their respective teams. The most obnoxious group, by far, were the Ohio State fans. Even the younger kids were obnoxious. They were playing Tulane for crying out loud. If I hear the O-H-I-O cheer one more time, I’m going to puke.

Reactions: paws1957
Certainly hope for nothing criminal, but Kumbaya is out of the question. 6 years ago the dirtbag world of NCAA CFB crucified a good and decent man, just for taking the high road. MSU was heavily involved in that. OSU (-Meyer) sat back and laughed, but each had their own issues to tend to. They made their bed.

Last edited:
Reactions: SUPERTODD

Golden rule.
We should probably have a coca cola break at halftime where the friends and family all sing Kumbaya and drink cokes, like in 1893. Sis Boom Bah. Let's all hold hands and pretend it's Princeton vs Cornell.

We should probably have a coca cola break at halftime where the friends and family all sing Kumbaya and drink cokes, like in 1893. Sis Boom Bah. Let's all hold hands and pretend it's Princeton vs Cornell.

I can see it now......

"I'd like to teach the world to sing
In perfect harmony.
I'd like to hold it in my arms
And keep it company...."

And everyone is holding up their coca colas.
Yes I'm dating myself.
:cool:

Everyone please be polite and don't make noise on Saturday night. Uncle Urby thanks you for allowing his offense to avoid silent counts.

I went to eat at a sports bar with my son yesterday. There were different groups of fans there watching their respective teams. The most obnoxious group, by far, were the Ohio State fans. Even the younger kids were obnoxious. They were playing Tulane for crying out loud. If I hear the O-H-I-O cheer one more time, I’m going to puke.
h53078986

Other fan bases have already treated us how they would like to be treated. It would be rude to not return the favor

Precisely - the "Golden Rule" prescribes that the lowlife b1g shizhole Douchebags be treated precisely as they have treated us... They are richly DESERVING of being treated like garbage, which is what they are, unlike the treatment we have received which was completely UNDESERVED and a complete miscarriage of justice & righteousness (IOW, "justice" demands that these lowlife, hypocritical scumbags be treated precisely as they deserve...like the human excrement they are and have shown themselves to be throughout this entire Courtney Smith...duhO$U....Urban Liar Affair!).

Certainly hope for nothing criminal, but Kumbaya is out of the question. 6 years ago the dirtbag world of NCAA CFB crucified a good and decent man, just for taking the high road. MSU was heavily involved in that. OSU (-Meyer) sat back and laughed, but each had their own issues to tend to. They made their bed.
This is where I land too. Obnoxious, not acceptable. Welcoming? This is football, right. I recall giving good natured razzing to opposing fans (especially during the 94 season), never threatening or physical, just a verbal jab (“Ready for your ass kicking today?” And always to adult males, no kids, no women, no elderly).

I always consider it an outward statement when you wear opposing colors at another teams field. In a hotly contested rivalry, if you wear other colors, expect the worst and do not complain about it. If you can’t handle it, head on up to Lake Quitchabitchin.

Reactions: PrtLng Lion
Precisely - the "Golden Rule" prescribes that the lowlife b1g shizhole Douchebags be treated precisely as they have treated us... They are richly DESERVING of being treated like garbage, which is what they are, unlike the treatment we have received which was completely UNDESERVED and a complete miscarriage of justice & righteousness (IOW, "justice" demands that these lowlife, hypocritical scumbags be treated precisely as they deserve...like the human excrement they are and have shown themselves to be throughout this entire Courtney Smith...duhO$U....Urban Liar Affair!).
How can you not like this post? LOL, great stuff. Especially the part about "lowlife b1g shizhole Douchebags."

A good start for the civility goal would be for the OZone posters to stop referring to us as “Ped State” constantly.

I hate Ped State more than I hate scUM. * - buckeyecurt [17:05:18 09/23/18] (14)

Uh... that’s not quite what the golden rule provides. You’re back in the Old Testament fella. Not that there’s anything wrong with that in a football rivalry.

Last edited:
Uh that’s not quite what the golden rule provides. You’re back in the Old Testament fella. Not that there’s anything wrong with that in a football rivalry.
Speaking of the Old Testament, "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned." I think that's from one of the books named after a woman. :(

A good start for the civility goal would be for the OZone posters to stop referring to us as “Ped State” constantly.

I hate Ped State more than I hate scUM. * - buckeyecurt [17:05:18 09/23/18] (14)

I see their point. They obviously have a handle on what did and did not happen at Penn State. Plus, Tosu has not seen any serious scandals.

We should respect and adopt Tosu's culture. I hate us.

I'm not interested in treating tOSU fans any other way than respectful and welcoming in Happy Valley. I'm not going to use the suffering of others and their abuse as a tool to taunt people, especially those who had nothing to do with it (their fans and players). A woman being abused by her husband shouldn't be used as ammo to feel better about yourself.

I already know that tOSU fans, their players, and their coaches will be subject to taunts and jokes over this, though.

You know what I find so interesting about this line of thinking (respect MI as a rival but hate PSU) is that the team they respect is the team that has only beaten them like, what is it, one time in the last 15 or so years. The team that hasn't won anything in the last decade or so? How quaint.

Reactions: Option Bob
Speaking of the Old Testament, "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned." I think that's from one of the books named after a woman. :(

In these post-New Testament days, I think it's simply more like "Hell hath no fury like a woman."

ADVERTISEMENT