ADVERTISEMENT

Can we please take the high road on Saturday?

Wandering Spectator

Dec 17, 2017
Chandler, AZ
www.wanderingspectator.com
Call me crazy, but it’s a great opportunity to show that we are the classiest fans in the country.

Leave the trashing of Urban up to others. There are plenty of people that will gladly play that role.

Go out of your way to be a welcoming fan base.

The media will be watching our response to Urbs and there’s nothing more they want than to throw us under the bus again.

Wouldn’t it be awesome if we win and give them a standing “O” at the end?

Golden rule.

On the other hand, urban liar is just such an easy thing to chant. If the student section started chanting that, I'm not sure I could stop myself from joining in.

Call me crazy, but it’s a great opportunity to show that we are the classiest fans in the country.

Leave the trashing of Urban up to others. There are plenty of people that will gladly play that role.

The media will be watching our response to Urbs and there’s nothing more they want than to throw us under the bus again.

Golden rule.

I kind of want to lob an internet pee balloon at you for the lecture.

What does trying to be a classier fan base get you nowadays? Zilch. The NCAA and B1G have made it clear that it's PSU against the world. I say, "F*** the world."

I have no intention of being a jerk to anyone. OTOH, I have no intention of walking up to a random stranger who is wearing red and asking them if they're enjoying their visit to Penn State.

Last edited:

Golden rule.

I'm with you up til the Standing "O"

I'm all for being nice to visitors but I will never clap for O$U regardless of the outcome!

Golden rule.

But I’ve been eating nothing except asparagus for a week, so that’s a total waste?!

Reactions: LafayetteBear
OP - nice thought. Society is way past the point where you will get classiness or virtuous behavior in anything but small spurts. College football brings out the worst in people. Where is 8286’s latest vitriolic and vituperative post so I have a case in point?

Reactions: PSU&Trout
More Gameday signs

B9NDdd3CQAExqaU.jpg

310797.jpg

DnIxiEQUcAIqgnD

Golden rule.

Urban, is that you?

Why aren’t you off deleting texts from your phone instead of hanging out on another team’s message board?

Last time I went to a night game it was Penn State-OSU at Beaver Stadium. It was one of my least enjoyable game experiences ever. With an entire day to drink, things were getting pretty rowdy in the parking lots around the the stadium before game time. I saw a couple of roving bands of OSU students going around to Penn State fans including an elderly couple walking to the stadium and they would get up in the Penn Staters’ faces and scream at the top of their lungs “F— Penn State.” Pee balloons were not good enough for these a$$holes, poop balloons would have been more appropriate.

Between what the OSU students were doing at the end of their game yesterday combined with the Urban lying of OSU coach and administrators, I could see major mayhem occurring before the game including fights. After witnessing the worst ever behavior I have seen at college football games by OSU fans, I could care less how their fans are treated at Beaver Stadium.

Golden rule.
A good message that 99% of our fanbase, and others, will follow without a reminder, and the other 1% would not heed if Trace asked them in person. All fanbases have a**holes and this board provides ample evidence that we have our share. I appreciate your effort but I expect problems.:(

I wish I could be at this one because we need every person in that stadium loud and wild during the game. I would save the energy up and unload every time Ohio St has the ball and there is no way I would have any voice remaining the next several days. This is how we impact the game in the only way we can and in only the way a Penn State Whiteout can.

But you are always accountable to how you conduct yourself. I think treating opposing fans respectfully no matter how you may have been treated at their stadium is the right thing to do. I’m good with creative signs that expose Urban as the liar and horrible human that he is, particularly if the Pinocchio nose grows a couple of inches every 15 minutes and maybe finishes the telecast by dotting the eye of a poster on the other side of the set. But I still would like to see our fans generally act with class not because of who they are but because of who we are.

We're talking about college students here. Good luck with them taking the high road.

I remember walking around the outside of the stadium before the Iowa game in 2009, a few male PSU students were walking ahead of me. Two retired age couples from Iowa were quietly passing us from the other direction. One of the students jumps towards them and spits right at their feet with a scowl on his face. I wanted to punch him in the back of his head so bad.

If I remember correctly from my days at PSU, drunk college students rarely exhibit classy behavior

Probably the right thing to do. But let’s drop 63 on them first.

BTW, an act of maturity and respect like this won’t stop fan bases like OSU from the Sandusky related quips and taunts, nor would they return the favor.
your BTW of course is not the point

Last time I went to a night game it was Penn State-OSU at Beaver Stadium. It was one of my least enjoyable game experiences ever. With an entire day to drink, things were getting pretty rowdy in the parking lots around the the stadium before game time. I saw a couple of roving bands of OSU students going around to Penn State fans including an elderly couple walking to the stadium and they would get up in the Penn Staters’ faces and scream at the top of their lungs “F— Penn State.” Pee balloons were not good enough for these a$$holes, poop balloons would have been more appropriate.

Between what the OSU students were doing at the end of their game yesterday combined with the Urban lying of OSU coach and administrators, I could see major mayhem occurring before the game including fights. After witnessing the worst ever behavior I have seen at college football games by OSU fans, I could care less how their fans are treated at Beaver Stadium.

I am not that old but my wife and I were walking the PSU campus in total peace and 5 daOsu bandits started to haze us with the F- Penn St” and worse. I turned to go at them but my wife was yanking my belt and got me to chill out. I couldn’t believe they had the lack of class to go to another school to talk sh!t. I was nearly apoplectic

By staying classy, are you suggesting making it a domestic violence awareness night?

Golden rule.

Thanks, mommy.

Reactions: stormingnorm
With this whole urban meyer thing, I just remembered this quote by Michael Robinson about Joe:

"He never lied to me."

Reactions: AvgUser
What does trying to be a classier fan base get you nowadays? Zilch. The NCAA and B1G have made it clear that it's PSU against the world. I say, "F*** the world."

I have no intention of being a jerk to anyone. OTOH, I have no intention if walking up to a random stranger who is wearing red and asking them if they're enjoying their visit to Penn State.
With you. Leave them alone, but don't go out of your way to be nice. I remember our first visit to Columbus after we joined the Big Ten. I had on a Penn State hat and was continuously harassed. The following year I decided to be the nice guy and saw a middle aged OSU couple on College Avenue. Welcomed them to the area and wished them luck. They walked right by us without uttering a response, but we did get dirty looks from the two of them. One of the worst fan bases I've seen. I know most the guys here don't like Michigan, but I have to admit I've always been treated well in Ann Arbor.

Reactions: m48tank
ADVERTISEMENT