ADVERTISEMENT

Can we discuss politics for a bit?

Typical Iowa photo, only the guy holding the participation trophy and the guy with glasses next to him are smiling. The rest look like me in the Dr.'s waiting room waiting to be called back for my colonoscopy.

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
Typical Iowa photo, only the guy holding the participation trophy and the guy with glasses next to him are smiling. The rest look like me in the Dr.'s waiting room waiting to be called back for my colonoscopy.
LOL at the description. That's Marinelli with the trophy and Lee next to him. Several others are smiling, notably Kemerer, just not all showing teeth. Most look like they're watching themselves on the scoreboard.

Both Brands look like Gunning's dad was the cameraman. DeSanto looks like he's having RBY flashbacks.

In any case, this is nowhere near as bad as the infamous 2015 pic.

Besides, it's the trophy that doesn't really matter. I'd love for teams to treat it like the NHL conference trophies -- it never leaves the table and nobody touches it, lest they jinx themselves for the real trophy.

I just wonder how Iowa and their fans, who thought people hated them because of their success, react to the realization that people hate them even when they don't have success.

Sorry, but I don't think that is true so much any more, except for PSU fans. In my experience in recent years PSU is hated more than Iowa by college wrestling fans.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Sorry, but I don't think that is true so much any more, except for PSU fans. In my experience in recent years PSU is hated more than Iowa by college wrestling fans.
That’s the price for being the king. :)

rBVaEFcit2OAYfoPAAFHCL5vLpo152.jpg

El, you never mention the opponents name. Before he declared Iowa, Spencer sat in and around my (Rec Hall) section N1 on three different occassions for home duals. My buddy who is also from WPIAL thought for sure he was coming here. He went nuts when he learned Spencer went to the dark side.

As to Marinelli, and the HWC event, you put Joseph and Marinelli in a neutral site, I'd pay $50 for streaming that match alone.

What's to be sad about over a colonoscopy? Nice nap with a warm blankie.

Bordeaux, you are blessed, you have a kind, understanding wife who loves you to death.

My wife must also love me to death. When going under and getting drowsy for my colonoscopy, I could have sworn I heard her say to the anesthesiologist, "you know he wanted the special Michael Jackson dose"

But in the end, everything came out well!

I was diagnosed with diverticulosis about 15 years ago so I have had my share of colonoscopy's. The procedure is a cake walk, it is the stuff you need to drink (and the results of said drinking) the night before that sucks!!!

I was diagnosed with diverticulosis about 15 years ago so I have had my share of colonoscopy's. The procedure is a cake walk, it is the stuff you need to drink (and the results of said drinking) the night before that sucks!!!
As far as the drink goes, I've found that the best way to get it down is to get it as cold as possible and drink each dose through a straw and do it in one big slurp. Can't say that the results will improve, though.

ADVERTISEMENT