ADVERTISEMENT

Can Micah opt back in?

I saw somewhere where someone on some team was opting back in, it might depend on things like if they have hired representation yet or where they are along the "Getting ready for the draft" end of things.

But as others have mentioned, not sure how many who have opted out are going to change their mind at this point.

He's got absolutely ZERO reason to opt back in. The potential of playing 8+1+2 games is meaningless when there is a strong possibility that the season gets the wack halfway through. It just isn't worth it. I wouldn't put my multi-million dollar future in jeopardy considering all these unknowns.

Reactions: creamery freak
tenor.gif

Believe I saw that a relative said he cannot opt back in.... meaning he has an agent, they didn't specifically say he had an agent but they did say opting back in was not an option for him. I have no idea since it's 2020 that if he petitioned the ncaa to opt back in because of the crazy situation if they would let him. But my thoughts are he opted out and thought it through and when he did choose there was no coming back he was out for good regardless of if there was going to be a season.

There's was talk on Sirius XM today about allowing players like Micah that signed with an agent to opt back in with an exemption.

Reactions: NedFromYork
He's got absolutely ZERO reason to opt back in. The potential of playing 8+1+2 games is meaningless when there is a strong possibility that the season gets the wack halfway through. It just isn't worth it. I wouldn't put my multi-million dollar future in jeopardy considering all these unknowns.
Maybe to achieve something special with his teammates. Many NC teams have that happen because older players decide to stay.

Technically Parsons does have an appeal process to try to get reinstated. And with covid he has some leverage. Doesn't seem like he's interested though

Yes, I believe he was worried about getting COVID and bringing it home to his daughter.
Funny, I had a coworker say to me yesterday that he saw Micah out partying on 2nd street in Harrisburg... Not exactly Covid-friendly, if that's what he's trying to avoid ;-)

Last edited:
Funny, I had a coworker say to me yesterday that he sees Micah out partying on 2nd street in Harrisburg... Not exactly Covid-friendly, if that's what he's trying to avoid ;-)

Your co-worker with the two PhDs?

How would that be put in jeopardy vs not playing? Besides an injury but you can get an injury in any season... And we are playing less games.

Micah bailed on the team before the season was even officially suspended. Why would he come back now ? Micah is looking out for his own best interests.

There's was talk on Sirius XM today about allowing players like Micah that signed with an agent to opt back in with an exemption.
They referenced Chase Young repaying his “borrowed” money as an example of what the players could do if they’ve received financial assistance from an agent.
I wanted to puke when they said Young repaid the family friend. Likely would have, but I was in my truck.

OL

Parsons is not coming back. He signed with an agent and is training in LA for the NFL Draft. He made a business decision during a pandemic, a decision that many of us would also make given the circumstances. I hope he gets his degree and I wish him well in the NFL.

Reactions: m48tank and SR108
Then why is he partying? You make no sense.
Pointing out that he has a child to consider makes no sense? Okay, sure. Not suggesting he is a good father, just that he has more than one consideration to concern himself with if he shreds a knee against rutgers. If you don't get that, then I'd just assume not discuss this anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT