ADVERTISEMENT

Can anyone answer a couple more questions? Lawyers? ...

delcoLion

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I don't know whether these make any sense, I'm just curious.

In the C/S/S case, when C/S/S, Paterno, and McQ were delivered a summons to appear before the grand jury, were they allowed to discuss the case amongst themselves before their GJ appearance? Is secrecy required as soon as a summons is received?

Did it make sense to approach the OAG before GJ testimony began?

Now moving into pure speculation, I don't want to start a thread war regarding Baldwin, she's a POS, but if a competent lawyer was involved early, couldn't a lot of this disaster been averted? Or were the political battle lines (Corbett vs Spanier) past the point of no return?

Reactions: dshumbero
I don't know whether these make any sense, I'm just curious.

In the C/S/S case, when C/S/S, Paterno, and McQ were delivered a summons to appear before the grand jury, were they allowed to discuss the case amongst themselves before their GJ appearance? Is secrecy required as soon as a summons is received?

Did it make sense to approach the OAG before GJ testimony began?

Now moving into pure speculation, I don't want to start a thread war regarding Baldwin, she's a POS, but if a competent lawyer was involved early, couldn't a lot of this disaster been averted? Or were the political battle lines (Corbett vs Spanier) past the point of no return?

This is nothing to prevent witnesses from talking to each other. The OAG might try to discourage it, but it isn't illegal.

It is pretty obvious from their GJ testimony that they did not talk beforehand.

This, to me, speaks volumes.

If you were guilty of a cover up and got a summons, the first thing you would do is convene your co-conspirators to get your stories straight.

They did not do that. So they are either galactically dumb or not guilty.

This is nothing to prevent witnesses from talking to each other. The OAG might try to discourage it, but it isn't illegal.

It is pretty obvious from their GJ testimony that they did not talk beforehand.

This, to me, speaks volumes.

If you were guilty of a cover up and got a summons, the first thing you would do is convene your co-conspirators to get your stories straight.

They did not do that. So they are either galactically dumb or not guilty.
Or were all "represented" by renowned legal scholar Cynthia Baldwin.

ADVERTISEMENT