ADVERTISEMENT

Call to arms: Senators not supporting Yudichak's reform bill

simons96

Feb 3, 2013
Plano, TX
Penn State University Alumni
1 min ·

Word from Harrisburg of three Senators who have "declined" to co-sponsor Senator Yudichak's reform legislation. They need to HEAR from Nittany Nation! They are: Stewart Greenleaf (R), 12th District,Willow Grove; Matt Smith (D), 37th District, Pittsburgh; Lloyd Smucker (R), 13th District, Lancaster.

Anyone have their email addresses or office phone numbers? Penn Staters need to make their voices heard. There are a ton of you in Lancaster county to make Smucker change his mind. ;).

This post was edited on 3/28 1:44 PM by psu00

To the best of my knowledge....

21 of 50 have so far indicated support.....so that leaves 29 more out there.

I am not sure why these three are being mentioned specifically.....maybe the others have not been "approached"? I don't know.

Perhaps someone with better info could list the 29 who have not signed on......assuming that the 21 is the right number for those who have shown support.

I would think "we" want to contact all of the 29 (which - IIRC - includes good ol' Jake)

Any better info is appreciated.

I believe Jake Corman does not support this bill. Unless he does, I doubt it will pass.

Originally posted by Fizz1:
I believe Jake Corman does not support this bill. Unless he does, I doubt it will pass.
Yeah, I heard that, too.

Yep.....

that may be the single biggest obstacle to be overcome.....which is what I - and a few others - were "predicting" all along

No wonder our current BOT doesn't seem all that upset about this.

It's already a done deal, perhaps, that the status quo will remain.

Screw Corman.

If that is true....

And the elected trustees feel that way.....And I don't know whether it is or isn't true
But IF it is true (and actually, even if it isn't) the elected folks should be using their bully pulpit to shout it from the mountaintops. To rally support among penn staters....... To use their position to gain an audience with the lawmakers

I do believe that at least some of them have done that..... But there is SO MUCH more to do to raise awareness.... To motivate and to gather support
I'm many ways, it is " up to us" to express OUR concerns..... But it will also likely require the beat efforts of the elected trustees as well

well....they are busy playing hockey

ohwell.r191677.gif

wtf is your problem bob?

Instead of stalking.....if you have an issue with something, call or write. I'll be happy to talk with you.

Or would you rather emulate so many of the BOT members - who take issue with what I say, but then - when given the opportunity to respond or discuss - slink away like snakes?

This post was edited on 3/28 4:19 PM by bjf1984

This post was edited on 3/28 4:21 PM by bjf1984

LOL

th

I guess that's about what I'd expect.

Over and out.
This post was edited on 3/28 6:35 PM by bjf1984

Lame reply

BJF is one of those stepping up and fighting the good fight. I don't know him nor you. I do know that BJF is not afraid to make his identity known and to step up and fight the old guard. Good enough for me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT