ADVERTISEMENT

Calculating the effects of the Whiteout

CaliLION79

Sep 27, 2020
WHITEOUT STATS VIDEO

See Link. Interesting watch that puts the Whiteout under the magnifying glass and calculates the ways in which the Whiteout gives Penn State an advantage (penalties, opponent penalties, defensive performance) compared to other home games. Here's the full article that dives a little deeper into the analytics:

Reactions: NedFromYork
I was gonna bring the baldy hobble bobble I work with but he's too phat for those sardine seats. This guy isn't once upon a time he was athletic fat, just a phat hobble bobble.

• Wow
Reactions: The Spin Meister
What does this even mean?
He was thinking 🧐 about bringing one of his chubby friends to a white out game, but he’s too big to fit in a seat. The guy used to be chubby and athletic, but now he’s just phat. Maybe 🤔?

Follow the science... when academia gets involved we forget what the hell we were looking for.

Was that a White Out when OSU was awarded an interception when the DB scooped the ball up off the turf, and allowing 3 seconds to run off the time clock for their FG later in the game. Two of the most insane calls ever. As soon as the alleged interception occurred, Herbstreit said, "the ball was on the ground."

Was that a White Out when OSU was awarded an interception when the DB scooped the ball up off the turf, and allowing 3 seconds to run off the time clock for their FG later in the game. Two of the most insane calls ever. As soon as the alleged interception occurred, Herbstreit said, "the ball was on the ground."

• Angry
Reactions: The Spin Meister

I do think there's something to the noise affecting the officials as well. The video going out in the replay booth was inexcusable. If they just had a tv on with the game, there was plenty of evidence to overturn. And the game clock running out was bad but the replay booth should've been able to see that too and call down. The 3 down debacle this past year was an easy thing to correct to. Go to replay. See 2 plays. 3rd down.. college teams do have challenges still, right? That's one where Franklin should've used one or called time out and reamed the officials the entire time. The was a possession that could've been extended. In a close game it could've cost us.

If I recall correctly, Franklin did call a time out and really lit into the refs.

ADVERTISEMENT