ADVERTISEMENT

Cael's salary?

Class of 67

Jan 30, 2007
I'm discussing topic with fellow grad and friend. We both find his reported base salary of $175,000 low. IIRC, he received a substantial signing bonus backed by donors. I believe there are incentives and bonuses. Anyone have the scoop?

NONE OF OUR BUSINESS
If he is an employee of Penn State then it probably comes under right to know. But really who cares as long as it's enough to keep him here as well as the rest of his staff. I would bet it's more than 175,000'at least it should be!

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
He gets a base salary when our players make weight, then commission on wins. He's allowed by NCAA regulations, clause 75.3.19, to share his "earnings" with the athletes, but only if they score bonus points and appear (as determined by an NCAA panel of experts) to be having fun while demolishing opponents. Lastly, Cael receives profit sharing (48%) from dual meet ticket sales, hence all games next year will be held in Beaver Stadium and the new Penn State Wrestling Cael Winter Parka is flying off the shelves. Get yours at:
www.pennstatewrestlingclub.org

Reactions: Cosmos and hlstone
I'm discussing topic with fellow grad and friend. We both find his reported base salary of $175,000 low. IIRC, he received a substantial signing bonus backed by donors. I believe there are incentives and bonuses. Anyone have the scoop?
I wonder if he gets any endorsement money as the most accomplished wrestling coach anywhere? I remember Joe Paterno received a modest salary but made tons of money on endorsements.

I wonder if he gets any endorsement money as the most accomplished wrestling coach anywhere? I remember Joe Paterno received a modest salary but made tons of money on endorsements.
He has his his shoe line through assics, as does Varner. It sure what compensation is involved.

Well there's that ...and the entire team sells Amway products.
You only need a small dot of Amway toothpaste on your brush, that's why it's $8/tube.
Amway Slush Fund.
Would YOU like to increase your income level?
Yes? What are you waiting for?

Well there's that ...and the entire team sells Amway products.
You only need a small dot of Amway toothpaste on your brush, that's why it's $8/tube.
Amway Slush Fund.
Would YOU like to increase your income level?
Yes? What are you waiting for?
I live in Western Pa but often visit relatives near Pottsville. Years ago I was always astounded by the number of TV commercials featuring Joe Paterno in Eastern Pa. He was selling pizzas and Italian bread and pies and etc. etc. He seemed to be on TV about every 20 minutes. Cael is reaching the point where he could tap into some of that money too. He would be a natural to hype fitness clubs. Maybe restaurants that feature nutritious menus. I bet he could make plenty of $$ for minimal effort now that he is getting so much press.

I live in Western Pa but often visit relatives near Pottsville. Years ago I was always astounded by the number of TV commercials featuring Joe Paterno in Eastern Pa. He was selling pizzas and Italian bread and pies and etc. etc. He seemed to be on TV about every 20 minutes. Cael is reaching the point where he could tap into some of that money too. He would be a natural to hype fitness clubs. Maybe restaurants that feature nutritious menus. I bet he could make plenty of $$ for minimal effort now that he is getting so much press.
Indeed. He's already lined up to be the next Humpilates spokesman. If you don't know what that is, rest assured it will be arriving in your town any day now...and it's going to be huge!
Here's just a quick preview:

Between head coaching duties, head coaching duties of the NLWC, youth wrestling, youth summer camps, clinics and endorsement money he makes enough to be financially secure.

As important is Cael makes certain his staff is well compensated.

Whatever it is, give him a raise! (And Cody and Casey too)

Reactions: purescurve
ADVERTISEMENT