ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Cael Sanderson signs extension

I'm a townie, and FWIW, I heard from a PSU friend that prior to Sandy Barbour resigning, Cael asked for a seven figure bump for his program in order to attract recruits. It got contentious, she balked, he threatened to walk, along with most of the team. The rest as they say is history.

I'm a townie, and FWIW, I heard from a PSU friend that prior to Sandy Barbour resigning, Cael asked for a seven figure bump for his program in order to attract recruits. It got contentious, she balked, he threatened to walk, along with most of the team. The rest as they say is history.
If your source is correct and I suspect it is, then disaster averted. He is the best coach @ PSU and the record bears that out. He deserves every bit of financial support he asks for.

Last edited:
If your source is correct and I suspect it is, then disaster averted. He is the best coach @ PSU and the record bears that out. He deserves every bit if financial support he asks for. B
Cael is probably one of the best regardless of sport. Ranks right up there with Saban in terms of sport dominance. If Cael walked cause of Sandy, she should have been chased out of town immediately.

Strictly a rumor, but the way I heard it, Sandy said if Cael wanted a million dollars for the program he should raise it himself. When Cael did so, Sandy gave half to football. Cael was justifiably pissed. Anybody else hear this version?

giphy.gif

Strictly a rumor, but the way I heard it, Sandy said if Cael wanted a million dollars for the program he should raise it himself. When Cael did so, Sandy gave half to football. Cael was justifiably pissed. Anybody else hear this version?

That's the figure I heard.

ADVERTISEMENT