ADVERTISEMENT

Cael contract negotiation update

Hepper Fitness Center is 71 Rec Hall.
https://sites.psu.edu/psustrength/hepper-fitness-center/

And while it's true that parents can pay to lift there, guest passes cannot be purchased there or online -- must be purchased at IM or White.
http://studentaffairs.psu.edu/campusrec/strength/memberinfo.asp

So now we have the answer to the burning question: who exactly buys a gym pass on one end of campus and then crosses campus to work out? Well, maybe we have the answer to that question.
Thank-you El.

Reactions: CentexLion
in case people dont click the link and want the skinny of this week

There's a BoT meeting today and tomorrow - the first one that's taken place since early May. I'd be willing to wager that Cael and Franklin's extensions (and maybe others) have been agreed upon for a little while now, but will be formally ratified and announced in conjunction with the meeting.

Edit: the agendas for the Trustee meeting are online. The Committee on Compensation is meeting (both in an executive session and a public session) on Thursday afternoon, and on the public agenda is "review process for approval of any pay changes for President and Tier II/IIA executives".

Looking at the University's charts, Head Football Coach (but not wrestling) is listed as a Tier IIA executive. My guess is that Franklin's extension is approved by the Board on Thursday, and Cael's is announced at around the same time.

Reactions: Dogwelder and T J
I received a nice reply from Barbour as well...

"As I am sure you understand, I cannot provide the particulars of contracts and contract discussions. However, rest assured that I share your evaluation of Coach Sanderson and his contributions to Penn State and our Wrestling student athletes. Please know that our continued conversations with Coach Sanderson are very amicable, and all parties are certain that Penn State is fully committed to Coach Sanderson and it is clear that Coach Sanderson is committed to Penn State. I anticipate that we will have some good news on this front for our incredibly supportive Wrestling community, in the very near future."

ADVERTISEMENT