ADVERTISEMENT

Cadet Worlds

Hence my nimble retraction of jackass through the “good kid” reference.

But I will die on the anti poofy hair hill. Sorry, not sorry. I lived through the hair hell of the 80s - we need no repeat of that.
It’s called the Zoomer Perm and it’s atrocious.

Check out Wrangle in the wild this weekend. Some good wrestling frompost high school kids and some stillin school. It's a fun event

Actually they do have criteria. Riding time at the end of the second ride out period.
I would prefer criteria being used as an alternative to overtime if it ends in a tie then whoever scored the last offensive points wins. That would make kids wrestle because they would no overtime is not an option. Not to mention dual meets would go more smoothly

I would prefer criteria being used as an alternative to overtime if it ends in a tie then whoever scored the last offensive points wins. That would make kids wrestle because they would no overtime is not an option. Not to mention dual meets would go more smoothly
I think we should use head coach height as the criteria - taller coach’s wrestler gets the W - in college.

What do you think @CowboyUp61 , @Dar.of.Emur , @js8793?

I think we should use head coach height as the criteria - taller coach’s wrestler gets the W - in college.

What do you think @CowboyUp61 , @Dar.of.Emur , @js8793?
Define "offensive point". Does that include a reversal? An escape? Stalling point on opponent? Locked hands penalty point?

My preference would be sudden victory. Each wrestler, if not already warned, is given a stalling warning. Stalling is enforced as written in the rule (yeah, I know, impossible).

Reactions: nitlion6
We do not need any freestyle rules ruining folkstyle. I get it freestyle is the only thing for elite wrestlers to pursue after college (cannot count greco) but good lord thats hard to watch.

Define "offensive point". Does that include a reversal? An escape? Stalling point on opponent? Locked hands penalty point?

My preference would be sudden victory. Each wrestler, if not already warned, is given a stalling warning. Stalling is enforced as written in the rule (yeah, I know, impossible).
Offensive two point takedown

explain in detail. Is there a difference between an "offensive" 2 point takedown, and a regular two point takedown?

Why would a reversal not count? An escape? Near fall points?
Also, when the referee blows the whistle when the top wrestler just about to turn the bottom wrestler for a score with another second or two. I see this all the time. Why?!

When do the juniors start?
I assumed Feldman would just tech his way through the tournament but I guess Iran has another young phenom HW so it’d be a pretty big upset for Feldman to even pull off the victory.
But Parris did beat Zare in one of those youth tourneys so ya never know.

When do the juniors start?
I assumed Feldman would just tech his way through the tournament but I guess Iran has another young phenom HW so it’d be a pretty big upset for Feldman to even pull off the victory.
But Parris did beat Zare in one of those youth tourneys so ya never know.
The HWT from Iran is 18 years old and is ranked 14th in the world.

• Wow
Reactions: dunkej01
explain in detail. Is there a difference between an "offensive" 2 point takedown, and a regular two point takedown?

Why would a reversal not count? An escape? Near fall points?
Whatever offensive move was last scored that wrestler wins that would have to be a two point move or better. Same as free style a pushout does not count towards a tie winning if the other guy had a take down which was a two point move

I love sudden death. If you allow last point scored on a tie, one guy stalls out and the other chases. Maybe If you used the last point If no one scores in the sudden death period?

I love sudden death. If you allow last point scored on a tie, one guy stalls out and the other chases. Maybe If you used the last point If no one scores in the sudden death period?
I think only in a real scenario of "sudden death" will one guy not chase and one guy defend/stall.

its simply part of sport and will always be.

In my daughters soccer game, the coach instructed his team to kick it very hard OB so that it took very long to get the ball back in play. In the end it didnt matter as we won, but it was his attempt to stall out the game.

Currently both guys stall until sudden death. And in some matches, both guys stall through sudden death. Which takes us to the stall-out periods.

Whatever offensive move was last scored that wrestler wins that would have to be a two point move or better. Same as free style a pushout does not count towards a tie winning if the other guy had a take down which was a two point move
that isn't completely correct. If both have a takedown and a pushout, the last pushout point move is the criteria.

Currently both guys stall until sudden death. And in some matches, both guys stall through sudden death. Which takes us to the stall-out periods.
I never understand this. Why don't wrestlers view the last 20 seconds of regulation as the first "sudden victory"? But we repeatedly see guys just look at each other in the last few seconds conceding sudden victory. I'm always thinking one guy is going to take a shot and catch the opponent off guard, but it rarely happens.
Why would it be worse to lose at the end of regulation vs losing during sudden victory?

How close was this to happening in last year's Dean-Warner 197 final? Didn't work out for the shooter in this instance.
Because Warnerov knew the sitch...
giphy.gif

Because Warnerov knew the sitch...
giphy.gif
So taking a shot when fatigued might be more easily countered by a similarly (or less) fatigued wrestler, especially if the more defensive wrestler is looking to counter. Conserving energy near the end of the third period might be seen as increasing the completion rate of a subsequent shot in SV under these circumstances.

So taking a shot when fatigued might be more easily countered by a similarly (or less) fatigued wrestler, especially if the more defensive wrestler is looking to counter. Conserving energy near the end of the third period might be seen as increasing the completion rate of a subsequent shot in SV under these circumstances.
You should have been in Warner's corner. But seriously, you had to give Dean 3-1 odds going into SV, even going to ride outs.

that isn't completely correct. If both have a takedown and a pushout, the last pushout point move is the criteria.

ignore me if you're just talking about what your preference would be, but your definition is not the same as what UWW uses:

"In case of tie by points, the winner will be declared by successively considering:
- the highest value of holds;
- the least amount of cautions;
- the last technical point(s) scored"

Maybe ... and then there's Eierman's OT shot against Lee in the dual.

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
ignore me if you're just talking about what your preference would be, but your definition is not the same as what UWW uses:

"In case of tie by points, the winner will be declared by successively considering:
- the highest value of holds;
- the least amount of cautions;
- the last technical point(s) scored"

Same thing. But, pushouts are technical points. I believe everything but caution points are considered technical points. But that is just from watching, not from great superior knowledge.

Same thing. But, pushouts are technical points. I believe everything but caution points are considered technical points. But that is just from watching, not from great superior knowledge.

i believe all of the points you see on the scoreboard are "technical points". the UWW rulebook (https://cdn.uww.org/s3fs-public/202...df?VersionId=ADyvsqGZEKSSB.IZVNQtJwqxY5iBsafI) actually shows an example on page 22 of a match that ends with the last point being earned on a caution and the wrestler who received the point is the winner.

it's my interpretation that they keep saying "technical points" to refer to the points earned during the match ("match points") in order to differentiate from the "classification points" which we would think of as "team points" in either a dual or a tournament.

Reactions: CowboyUp61
You guys are right. So unless we put the wrestlers' girlfriends above a pit of piranhas and drop the platform every 10 seconds that a wrestler doesn't make an offensive attempt, we there's no solution.

Not to interupt....but what happened to the A.J. thread? I was certain that in a few weeks I would have learned enough about law to pass the bar. :)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT