ADVERTISEMENT

Cadet Worlds

Hopke is a year younger, so look through the lense of compairing to Mullen last year. Sure we would get Mullen sooner, but I remain Hopke strong lean.
I really like Hopke. The kid is quick af for a HW. With 30lbs of muscle I think he handles Mullen in the future. Too athletic and quick.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shot of Espresso
Thanks. @vhsalum just made my sh$t list. Ironman mention over us is understandable, but Beast?

It was a good year for us in regards to MOW. Feldman, Jacaruso and Kasak all could have shared it.

Just please dear god - get someone on the cameras next year. That static camera that covers the "entire" mat (but actually doesn't get the action on the out of bounds line) and makes guys look like mini-army men? Please make it stop.

giphy.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

giphy.gif

Speak in a language I can understand.

With other big programs filling up rosters with huge recruiting classes past couple years, I think the timing couldn't be more perfect for PSU to grab some of these kids on the cadet team. It's almost as if Cael is a psychic when predicting the future when it comes to recruiting. I expect OK St. will be right next to them cleaning up next few years when it comes to replenishing their teams.

With other big programs filling up rosters with huge recruiting classes past couple years, I think the timing couldn't be more perfect for PSU to grab some of these kids on the cadet team. It's almost as if Cael is a psychic when predicting the future when it comes to recruiting. I expect OK St. will be right next to them cleaning up next few years when it comes to replenishing their teams.
"Ty, while you're over there, be very supportive of Dom, Luke, and Jax. Very supportive. Koy too if you can."

Just please dear god - get someone on the cameras next year. That static camera that covers the "entire" mat (but actually doesn't get the action on the out of bounds line) and makes guys look like mini-army men? Please make it stop.
Register that complaint with the Beast... ;)

But seriously, that is on our list of improvements. The past few years we've had our JV kids on the cameras - they are forced into action by our coaches. They tend to wander off. It will be addressed this year.

Agreed. It's hard to watch the last 20 seconds of a freestyle match that is relatively close and not admit that it is far superior in terms of drama to the last 20 seconds of a 1-point folkstyle match. The guy leading by 1 point in the folkstyle match is winning greater than 95 percent of the time.

But seriously, that is on our list of improvements. The past few years we've had our JV kids on the cameras - they are forced into action by our coaches. They tend to wander off. It will be addressed this year.

awesome. Because you’re right. Your tournament is turning into one of the best. Some absolutely ridiculous matchups last year. And perhaps the only high school loss of Knox career?

awesome. Because you’re right. Your tournament is turning into one of the best. Some absolutely ridiculous matchups last year. And perhaps the only high school loss of Knox career?
Thanks.

Knox will have his hands full again this year. He likely won't be the #1 seed if he is in the same weight class as Jacaruso and could also have Botero, Deluca, Mutarelli or Link, and other ranked kids in his bracket.

I am a folk bigot through and through. I love that folk wrestlers are tested in all three positions. It's hard (not impossible) to hide a severe deficiency in any.

That said, for freestyle, if you cap any one sequence (i.e. lace and spin) to 6 points max., excluding of course a pin, and eliminate criteria in favor of SV. Then I am getting a lot more interested, .... and less frustrated.

Reactions: Ski
I am a folk bigot through and through. I love that folk wrestlers are tested in all three positions. It's hard (not impossible) to hide a severe deficiency in any.

That said, for freestyle, if you cap any one sequence (i.e. lace and spin) to 6 points max., excluding of course a pin, and eliminate criteria in favor of SV. Then I am getting a lot more interested, .... and less frustrated.
Honestly. Once you get past the “it’s tied” - criteria for wrestling is awesome.

someone is ALWAYS losing. And damn if we don’t all hate SV… cuz it ain’t very sudden. Guys just do nothing at the end of regulation and are even more timid in SV.

Honestly. Once you get past the “it’s tied” - criteria for wrestling is awesome.

someone is ALWAYS losing. And damn if we don’t all hate SV… cuz it ain’t very sudden. Guys just do nothing at the end of regulation and are even more timid in SV.
I will say, the 2min SV appeared to me to be an improvement. From my vantage, many more matches seemed to be decided before the ridiculous ride-out. I’d be thrilled if we went to a criteria instead though—that’s definitely not a beef of mine wrt freestyle at all.

Reactions: vhsalum

Freestyle criteria would've spared us the 2nd half of the Suriano-Fix final. So we would've only lost 1 week of our lives.

Bucks County Community College is just up the road. Perhaps some of the Video Production or Sports Management students would like an opportunity for an internship for their resume? Now that I'm thinking about it, there are probably many nice short internships some of those kids would be happy to take involving the many roles required to host such an event.

Reactions: kevin310

I think they should add criteria to folk that would push people to wrestle harder to score if it's tied. Anyhow know why folk doesn't have criteria?

I think they should add criteria to folk that would push people to wrestle harder to score if it's tied. Anyhow know why folk doesn't have criteria?
Freestyle criteria is a fairly recent change. Before that was the (shudder) ball grab and other inanities.

Folkstyle Wrestling has more inertia than a boulder stuck in a muddy ditch. College rules changes only occur every 2 years. Which I understand, but then the sport refuses to experiment at major offseason events like Super 32 or Disney, and then won't consider ideas due to lack of data.

You sure? I kinda think AB woulda won 10-0 on ten step outs (if we had those too).
True enough - in like a minute.

I don’t know about you, but the 2 AB-Hidlay matches probably angered me more than almost any matches I’ve watched. The whole time I’m practically screaming for stalling with a sickening feeling that AB will lose late due to some fluke.

True enough - in like a minute.

I don’t know about you, but the 2 AB-Hidlay matches probably angered me more than almost any matches I’ve watched. The whole time I’m practically screaming for stalling with a sickening feeling that AB will lose late due to some fluke.
I agree. But he did what he had to do to stay in the match. Blame the ref. Lol

Actually they do have criteria. Riding time at the end of the second ride out period.

ADVERTISEMENT