ADVERTISEMENT

Cadet Worlds

BrockBronson

May 20, 2021
I don’t like greco but,,,,,,,,Joel Adams just punched his ticket to the Greco Finals. Any word on where Joel may end up in college. He is Very talented and was in a few wars over the years with Kasak.

Adams is very very good in both freestyle and greco. I’m not sure if he is as good in folk but whoever gets him will be happy. Kid gets after it and is a lot of fun too watch

Adams is very very good in both freestyle and greco. I’m not sure if he is as good in folk but whoever gets him will be happy. Kid gets after it and is a lot of fun too watch
I hope he stays greco. If he goes folk it will screw him up.

Reactions: CropDuster507
I hope he stays greco. If he goes folk it will screw him up.
You are probably right. We don’t have many Greco stars other than Hancock and Bey but this kid could do it I think. Forget wrestling in college and go Greco full time especially with Ivanov as the head man now. Probably his best option if he wants to compete at the highest level

Reactions: dunkej01
You are probably right. We don’t have many Greco stars other than Hancock and Bey but this kid could do it I think. Forget wrestling in college and go Greco full time especially with Ivanov as the head man now. Probably his best option if he wants to compete at the highest level
Crazy how he hoisted that guy with one arm behind his back.

USA Greco really doesn’t add up to much in the world. The cadets so far, other than Adams, won only one match. The rest went 0-1. Lots of time, money and travel to go 0-1. The wrestlers they are competing against do Greco year round. The USA guys aren’t even close. Plus you could be the best greco guy in the USA or the world, and no one really knows who you are. I am not sure Greco offers any benefits. Hancock is the face of USA Greco and could walk into any wrestling tournament, most wrestling people wouldn’t even know who he was.

Not very knowledgeable when it comes to Cadet World's so this may be a dumb question. Was scanning the Grecco brackets and noticed the USA didn't have anyone competing at 51kg. Curious why that is...

Oops never mind. I see now. The page wouldn't scroll down the first 30 times I looked at the bracket. Lol

Not very knowledgeable when it comes to Cadet World's so this may be a dumb question. Was scanning the Grecco brackets and noticed the USA didn't have anyone competing at 51kg. Curious why that is...

Oops never mind. I see now. The page wouldn't scroll down the first 30 times I looked at the bracket. Lol
I sometimes use the delete button when these things happen.....

Greco is just a style that is bound to be boring. The best guys don't get launched so it's just a pushout, center controlling and par terre contest.
For the most part you are correct but the early rounds are a lot of fun because the best guys get to go big on the guys that aren’t so good. Adams first match is beautiful. Td into a lift and throw for 5 (I think it’s 5 still) and then a guy for the tech. The lift and throw were really fun to watch and I recommend everyone going to check it out. Match is in this link

Reactions: Rocky_Smith
Greco is just a style that is bound to be boring. The best guys don't get launched so it's just a pushout, center controlling and par terre contest.
Schitts Creek Yes GIF by CBC

more Greco opportunities to train, more greco opportunities to compete, and more competent refs that don’t call high legs and actually understand what a step over is.

we’re not as far off as everyone wants to act. They ain’t giving you more FS weights. They’ll just cut it and call it 12.

Reactions: dunkej01
I know the fans will be offended, but grappling always reminds me of High School girls fighting in the parking lot.
That is always a popular HS spectator sport for HS boys. Eventually that graduates to bar parking lot girl on girl rumble.

Reactions: 82bordeaux
That is always a popular HS spectator sport for HS boys. Eventually that graduates to bar parking lot girl on girl rumble.
Long ago I was at a bar where two girls wanted to fight. One of them had a nickname of Stitch, evidently based on her past fights. I stayed away from that one.

Long ago I was at a bar where two girls wanted to fight. One of them had a nickname of Stitch, evidently based on her past fights. I stayed away from that one.
Mid 20s on a Friday night I was driving back to Central PA from Pittsburgh and stopped at one of those up in the mountains, back woods bars. I got a beer and started to walk around to see who I knew. It wasn't a minute 2 girls were throwing down and one grabbed the other by the shirt and pulled. Shirt and bra disappeared and they kept right on a going. I pulled up a chair, sat down and watched until they ran out of gas.
Not a bad beginning to a good weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT