ADVERTISEMENT

Cadet Worlds

USA is really good-

this could be the most dominating performance by the USA or any country ever. They are making it look like Pan Ams. Coach Green must have delivered one hell of a pep talk.

Got to hand it to James Green and the USA staff.

They are really putting on a show.

Only 1 guy not in semis from this round this morning.

They also are just putting it on their opponents which is really impressive at this level.

Future remains bright for Team USA.

Reactions: mcpat
The absence of Russia definitely helps our position in the team conversation.
Debbie Downer Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Yuck wrestling by the Valiant boys. Not a single shot taken the entire tournament.

Cejudo being way too cute with tactics instead of just focusing on scoring points

Kasak up for gold right now vs Isayev (AZE).
  • Kasak looks Russian tie, Isayev looked to fireman off that, Kasak nice recovery.
  • Kasak on the passivity clock.
  • Similar position, Kasak looks to head pinch, but Isayev gets a TD. Clock point makes it 3-0. Break.
  • Kasak gets a low single but settles for step out. 3-1.
  • Kasak gets another step out point, but there's a challenge. Kasak looked for a shrug, Isayev went behind. Somehow it's now 3-1.
  • Kasak with a huge TD, nearly a four. 3-3 ahead on criteria.
  • Ugh, Kasak steps out with under 2 seconds, loses 4-3. Challenge, but it looked legit. 5-3, lost challenge. Heartbreaker.
  • 1.8 secs left, but Kasak needs two.
  • It ends 5-3.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: danoftw and mcpat
Ah man, Kasak with a late takedown to go ahead 3-3 with 30 seconds to go but gives up a step out with a second left and loses. Just has to be a bit better tactically there.

Reactions: backdrft76
Mike Mal is so annoying. He is the equivalent to Chris Collinsworth when watching the NFL. It was like Mal wants the USA to lose.
He is a jersey punk

This is wild, go from everything going right to losing in the weirdest ways. Forest was up 8 and Kasak had 5 seconds to stay in! Circle or drop!
both great efforts and made PA proud

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
Think what impressed me most about Forrest is it’s not like he’s physically dominant or bullying kids. He’s just so slick and chains attacks together seamlessly. Has a ton of funk too.
after that 1st headlock he should have been looking for it again!

Hopke gets it done. Conditioning was great.

1 G
3 S
1 B

So close to a huge huge day.

3 in the finals tomorrow and 1 going for bronze.

Great trip for USA cadets

Hopke comes back from 4-1 down to win 11-6. Opponent gassed baaaaaad and early. Still like Mullen a bit more I think.

that was a great example of breaking someone. Once that kid couldn’t bully Hopke, he gassed bad. Great work and glad USA got one Gold. Tomorrow I think they get all three

Sealy is such a beast. And to think he will probably be even better at Juniors where he can wrestle 6 minute matches instead of 4. He breaks kids in 4 minutes so it’s scary to think how tired his opponents will be in a 6 min match where he just hard the entire time. I’ve been talking him up for a few years now and would absolutely love for him to come to PSU but I just don’t see a fit lineup wise unless he can make 157 in college for at least a year. Not saying he’s not good enough to take the spot but it would be a battle with a very very good kid riding the pine. In this day of open transfers top kids aren’t really sitting biding their time until a spot opens. I assume he would have to beat out Levi or Facundo which is a tall task. Maybe though he can go gray shirt, redshirt and then Levi is gone I believe if he goes this year and Facundo will be done or if Sealey can go 157 for a year and then redshirt. There are definitely ways to make it work if PSU is his choice and I sure hope it is. No doubt in my mind he is the top recruit in 2024.

Great day for USA but Forrest and Kasak were so close to making it a ****ing fantastic day! Tactics just caught up to both of them. Kasak cannot back straight out with that time on the clock. Circle hard or just standing your ground with a hard hand fight but as soon as he takes a step back and his opponent comes forward hard all the momentum takes him right to the edge. Good learning moment just too bad it was in the world finals. Forrest wrestled a really great match actually but you can’t give up 4’s in freestyle let alone 2. I talked about his pass-by/throw-by game in an earlier post and he hit a couple more times in this match. It is so smooth and like Mike Mail said on the broadcast, it is such easy points. When you hit it clean there is no real defense so it’s an easy 2 without getting into a scramble situation. Being a freshman and being as advanced as he is is really something. What impresses me the most is the variety of attacks and ways he scores. At the trials he scored a ton by sitting the corner and going crotchlift and getting into scramble situations where he almost always came out on top. This tournament he was good there as well but I saw a lot more leg attacks from him as well as his pass-by series. Comparing him to Bassett he just has a much wider variety of ways to score. Bassett is almost entirely snap down go behind or his firemans/short carry. When kids have shut that down he hasn’t been able to find a way to produce points. Forrest seems to be able to wrestle many different styles already depending on what his opponent gives him. It’s really really impressive especially for as young as he is.

Kasak loss is why I hate the stupid fs rules!
If you didn’t have freestyle rules then you wouldn’t have freestyle worlds. American kids benefited from some of the rules you crybaby about such as the flying squirrel for 4 points. You think Mark McKnight or David Taylor whines about the freestyle rules ? The old “i hate freestyle rules “ blab and whining always sound like gramma complaint about why is there bingo on Monday nights while she is at bingo on Monday.

ADVERTISEMENT