ADVERTISEMENT

Cadet and Junior US Open entries

zzs006

Mar 27, 2017

Just updated with some PSU wrestlers now registered! Gary Steen and Robbie Howard are entered at Junior 57kg. Richard Figueroa is the other big name at 57kg. Then at Junior 74kg both Alex Facundo and Levi Haines are entered! I’m surprised to see Levi here because I thought he is still cadet eligible. Every weight is good at trials but from what I can see these 2 should be the favorites at 74kg. 79 kg is stacked with Rocco Welsh, Danny Wask, Manny Rojas, Luca Augustine, Matt Singleton, and Cael Valencia.

At cadets PSU recruit Dalton Perry is registered at 60kg. His main competition will be PJ Duke. 55kgs looks like the deepest weight with a ton of absolute hammers. Aden Valencia, Ben Davino, Brock Weiss, Jax Forrest, Kael Lauridsen, Leo DeLuca, Tahir Parkins, Nathanael Jesuroga, Vincent Kilkeary, and Mason Gibson are all at 55kg! Absolutely crazy weight. Bo Bassett is at 51 kg and should be a big favorite. 65 kg has both Tyler Kasak and Pierson Manville. Joe Sealy is at 71kg. Gabe Arnold, Zack Ryder, and Jude Correa are all at 80kg. Was really hoping to see Josh Barr entered. There is still time so hopefully he enters. Austin Johnson, Sonny Sasso, and Sawyer Bartelt are at 92kg.

Cadet and junior trials are 2 of my favorite tournaments. I can’t wait to see Robbie Howard back in action and am super intrigued to see how a match between Facundo and Haines would go. Also seeing a bunch of young possible PSU recruits in action is always fun. Dreaming about the next wave of killers to don the blue and white

Just updated with some PSU wrestlers now registered! Gary Steen and Robbie Howard are entered at Junior 57kg. Richard Figueroa is the other big name at 57kg. Then at Junior 74kg both Alex Facundo and Levi Haines are entered! I’m surprised to see Levi here because I thought he is still cadet eligible. Every weight is good at trials but from what I can see these 2 should be the favorites at 74kg. 79 kg is stacked with Rocco Welsh, Danny Wask, Manny Rojas, Luca Augustine, Matt Singleton, and Cael Valencia.

At cadets PSU recruit Dalton Perry is registered at 60kg. His main competition will be PJ Duke. 55kgs looks like the deepest weight with a ton of absolute hammers. Aden Valencia, Ben Davino, Brock Weiss, Jax Forrest, Kael Lauridsen, Leo DeLuca, Tahir Parkins, Nathanael Jesuroga, Vincent Kilkeary, and Mason Gibson are all at 55kg! Absolutely crazy weight. Bo Bassett is at 51 kg and should be a big favorite. 65 kg has both Tyler Kasak and Pierson Manville. Joe Sealy is at 71kg. Gabe Arnold, Zack Ryder, and Jude Correa are all at 80kg. Was really hoping to see Josh Barr entered. There is still time so hopefully he enters. Austin Johnson, Sonny Sasso, and Sawyer Bartelt are at 92kg.

Cadet and junior trials are 2 of my favorite tournaments. I can’t wait to see Robbie Howard back in action and am super intrigued to see how a match between Facundo and Haines would go. Also seeing a bunch of young possible PSU recruits in action is always fun. Dreaming about the next wave of killers to don the blue and white
Thanks for the update. I believe, however, that while the cadet event at the U.S. Open does serve as the Cadet Team Trials, the junior event does not serve as the Junior Team Trials. I believe Junior and U23 team trials are in June.

Reactions: zzs006
Thanks for the update. I believe, however, that while the cadet event at the U.S. Open does serve as the Cadet Team Trials, the junior event does not serve as the Junior Team Trials. I believe Junior and U23 team trials are in June.
I updated the title so not to confuse anyone. Thanks for clarification

Reactions: hlstone and mrh1645
I'm very biased and obviously don't know everything about everyone but it seems our 2 guys at 74KG are by far the most accomplished entered. (No names like Hamiti, O'Toole, Ramirez like last year) Feel good about one of them making the team.

Also, pretty shocked Robbie Howard is still eligible for Juniors after 2 years in the room. Guess he was super young for his grade.

Also Levi going 74 instead of 70 shows he is going to be a big 157 if he can make it next year.

Reactions: mcpat and nitlion6
Also Levi going 74 instead of 70 shows he is going to be a big 157 if he can make it next year.
This assumes Levi is cutting to get to 74 kg for WTTs. If not, 74 kg is 162.8 lb -- not a huge drop to get to 157.

He did not cut for last year's cadet trials -- wrestled at a comfortable weight given his growth in progress -- and has said on numerous occasions that he doesn't cut.

I saw some people wondering (maybe even worrying lol) but I don't think Shayne Van Ness is junior eligible anymore, he turned 20 this January.

He seems respectful and grateful for opportunities. I don’t he said that. The kid gets opportunities I wish I had or could get for my sons
giphy.gif

Reactions: bwfight
ADVERTISEMENT