ADVERTISEMENT

C/S/S all get jail time

You really show your bias here.. speculation and guesswork in order to meet a certain narrative or theory is not evidence. Guessing what Joe said based on Curley's feelings and actions is a giant mistake. The judge bringing Joe's name into this was as grandstanding as it gets.

I agree that there was no reason to heap abuse upon a dead man. But anyone
who believes that decisions were made by C/S/S without input from Paterno
is delusional. Curley was Paterno's cabana boy, Shultz is a putz and Spanier
is a coward.

Last edited:
Whoa! Dred Scott? Plessy v Ferguson?

Sometimes you just have to roll your eyes and move on .....

You're trying to hold a conversation with folks who think the world did not begin until 1950. when Joseph Paterno came down from Providence, Rhode Island and began his ministry at the University that would eventually be re-named "Paterno State University."

Reactions: OspreyLion
The fact that Spanier got off lighter than the other two is pretty interesting. It tells me that the judge believed that he had been given less information than Curley or Schultz. that is the only way to rationalize Spanier getting off lighter.
Anyone is making a big mistake IMO to try to look at this rationally.

Reactions: Fizz1
Is what it is.

What I've observed over time: an inverse correlation between (1) someone's age, and (2) their willingness to admit "I was wrong about something."

There are more "55-year-old Paterno Loyalists" than there are "25-year-old Paterno Loyalists."
Now that is a profound thought. I wonder why that is...........Joe's been dead how long?

Reactions: step.eng69
Yes, all of the crybabies who couldn't see this coming need one. They have
been waiting for years for some revelation to appear that absolved those
in power at the time. I was part of the "move on" crowd from the start
and have been proven right. PSU football is thriving as are many other
sports. PSU's good name is being restored and after these trials that
should accelerate. Don't fear change. I can'r wait for PSU to wear black uni's with pink trim for some games. For those like you who love the past, here is an invisible ( ) hug.

You have not been proven right !

Reactions: francofan
It was a slap on the wrist - a minimum sentence. I think that says it all. No one wanted this to go on. Think of it like a semester abroad - easy time. Once convicted or plea bargained, the Judge wasn't going to give just probation.

Now that is a profound thought. I wonder why that is...........Joe's been dead how long?

Those 25-year-olds were 20 years old back in 2012. They were students. They were students at a time when JoePa was our coach. They certainly COULD be "Paterno Loyalists."

They just realized --- at a much higher rate vs. the older folk --- "this guy is not worthy of my loyalty going forward."

The fact that Spanier got off lighter than the other two is pretty interesting. It tells me that the judge believed that he had been given less information than Curley or Schultz. that is the only way to rationalize Spanier getting off lighter.
I suspect this is because both the people that informed Spanier, and Spanier himself stated at trial that he was not told it was sexual abuse. Meanwhile both Curley and Schultz claim they weren't told it was sexual abuse either, but McQueary stated he did tell them that. Obviously through these trials it's been shown that McQueary's story has been believed over everyone else's, so the judge likely dolled out a slightly more severe punishment for the 2 folks that talked to McQueary.

The judge in his statement concerning Paterno just logically (and Legally) proved that the entire Sandsuky-Penn State legal matter was/is a politically controlled "Hit Job" - conducted OUTSIDE the laws of both the State and the Constitution.

The "Hit Job" has been conclusively confirmed by this judge's specific singling out Paterno - a dead UNCHARGED and legally irrelevant citizen at a sentencing trial - an act that can only be justified by trying to protect "The Story" and those political hacks that the Penn State illusion provides cover.

This also confirms the often stated suspicions that have been voiced by credible legal expert sources on the continuous abuses of the PA legal system. After over 6 years of such consistent negative and TARGETED "interpretations" of the law by PA courts - they are no longer suspicions - they are now a FACT of legal abuse & A CRIME.

Political correctness - the deception created by a corrupt and collusive media - has destroyed and totally replaced the basic concepts of Justice in PA. Criminals are running the State of PA and these irresponsible statements made by a "sitting Judge" leave no other possible conclusion or reasonable debate for these actions.

You now see why all the media coverage has been directed to creating, and then maintaining continuous misinformation. Without such professional abuse of what the public thinks it knows, the Public would see the real cover-up ---- PA's elected officials consistently abusing their power inherent in state government.
Criminals are running the world. Corruption is everywhere, not just Pa.

You're trying to hold a conversation with folks who think the world did not begin until 1950. when Joseph Paterno came down from Providence, Rhode Island and began his ministry at the University that would eventually be re-named "Paterno State University."

Paterno had a profound influence on all of their lives even though most never met him. I spent the best four years of my life at PSU and only saw Joe
running onto the field on Saturdays. I suspect those that "love and miss
him" had as much interaction. PSU is not a cult but some have formed one.

Not true at all. That's just a way to deflect and demean people. None of us thought Joe was a saint. I thought he was a good man and a great coach, in his prime. Same way a lot of people around the country feel about long tenured coaches.
I just happen to believe, based on the facts in this case, the man has been demonized and scapegoated for trying to follow the law. Somehow because js happened to be an ex coach made this Joe's fault, and in turn a football problem. Just look at the disgraceful posts on the meeechigan board.
And after six years of the worst smear campaign I've ever seen the jury finds no conspiracy.
This case should have highlighted pillar of the community offenders. Instead nothing will change because the media, and PSU, made this a joe and football story. That's a tragedy and a disgrace.

Well that's not true. The email evidence in the case suggests that JVP's discussion with Curley helped push him to not contact the proper authorities. It wasn't great evidence, but it was certainly there and many interpreted it as such.
Except that Curley testified to the contrary. Curley said that is was his decision alone know full well the ramifications which cost him more time than the others.

It's not the Prosecutors job to impeach their own witness.

The responsibility for plucking that low-hanging fruit belonged to Spanier and his esteemed Ivy League Lawyers.

How'd they do there?
His lawyers actually did OK. They will appeal (unlike the other 2), and get the misdemeanor charge thrown out since the statute of limitations are up on them.

Is Ronald Roskens going to jail for his actual acts of pedophilia? Or did the Nebraska Board of Regents cover it up and allow him to retire as a valued member of the UNL community?
I'm not sure what you're attempting to argue?

Spanier replaced Roskens at UNL. Having close ties to another scandal that involved pedophilia certainly isn't a good argument for Spanier's innocence.

I've been down this rabbit hole. Note the phrase "young men" in what you posted. There's no proof of pedophilia.

The local news here in Florida is now doing a story about
Not true at all. That's just a way to deflect and demean people. None of us thought Joe was a saint. I thought he was a good man and a great coach, in his prime. Same way a lot of people around the country feel about long tenured coaches.
I just happen to believe, based on the facts in this case, the man has been demonized and scapegoated for trying to follow the law. Somehow because js happened to be an ex coach made this Joe's fault, and in turn a football problem. Just look at the disgraceful posts on the meeechigan board.
And after six years of the worst smear campaign I've ever seen the jury finds no conspiracy.
This case should have highlighted pillar of the community offenders. Instead nothing will change because the media, and PSU, made this a joe and football story. That's a tragedy and a disgrace.

No conspiracy. Yet three of those that decided Sandusky's future are
going to prison and the other is dead. It's not very hard to see how
the rest of the world sees this as a conspiracy.

Reactions: PSUPride1
His lawyers actually did OK. They will appeal (unlike the other 2), and get the misdemeanor charge thrown out since the statute of limitations are up on them.
His lawyers - the Silver Boys - f*cked the pooch, royally

It's not worth running through that AGAIN..... suffice to say the GD jury foreman said he wouldn't have caved in and voted to convict if Spanier had so much as argued a defense.

Can't get much clearer than that

Those 25-year-olds were 20 years old back in 2012. They were students. They were students at a time when JoePa was our coach. They certainly COULD be "Paterno Loyalists."

They just realized --- at a much higher rate vs. the older folk --- "this guy is not worthy of my loyalty going forward."
Nobody takes anyone serious until they are 30

Reactions: marshall23
I've spent a lot of time living in some of these 'banana republics' and the distance between legal systems there and in the US is minimal. The only difference is that most everyone in Central America (for example) knows their legal systems are absolutely corrupt while here we pretend it's a beacon of justice.
You nail it. This country is so full of itself, and unjustifiably so.

FYI it is infuriating if anyone is watching tv... the scrolls are running non stop on the bottom of the screens once again ...

And it'll be there for about 30 seconds and totally forgotten by morning. No one gives a shit and they haven't for a long time.

There's no reason to be infuriated that this crap is on the screen--the battle was lost long ago and we will never know what happened. If a meaningless TV scroll that'll be forgotten by midnight bothers you, stop watching.

As a lawyer I am reluctant to criticize the performance of another lawyer because he/she has information that I do not. That said, I find the Spanier trial strategy "interesting".

As a lawyer I am reluctant to criticize the performance of another lawyer because he/she has information that I do not. That said, I find the Spanier trial strategy "interesting".
I don't agree with them not calling witnesses, but considering the multiple felony charges he was originally facing, and with the deck stacked against them, the outcome could have been worse.

The PSU 3 combined where facing 15 felonies & got ~ year in jail. IMO this was a huge waste of taxpayer $, and an epic fail by the prosecution. They have the media wind at their back to hide this failure, so the headline readers will think they did well.

Last edited:
Reactions: PSUPride1
:cool::cool:
Call Mulder and Scully.

Good One!

But it was and I knew it very early on - the state of the legal system in PA is just disheartening - make no mistake these issues existed well before this situation but this took it to a new level

Exactly, the media wind at their back. Not to convolute the argument, but this is how our president won the election. People are sick of contrived narratives...perpetuated by the media.

How in the hell does this judge invoke his opinions on Joe Paterno? Why and how?

I enjoyed the past. Like everyone I lived it. But trying to preserve the past at
the expense of the future is a fools errand. I'm sorry you are "too slow
to understand that concept".
Oh Walter,

You stupid P. Give my best to your mail-order wife.

All the best,
PPB :)

Reactions: Phil's Rug

and this opinion is based on your research where?

Reactions: rillo 62
I suspect that Ira Lubert is hosting Judge Boccabella this weekend for a job "well done". The "selection" of Boccabella as a "replacement judge" wasn't "coincidental". ;)
Were I before any judge for any reason, I'd have a very hard time addressing him or her as "Your Honor". "Asshole" would come more naturally.

Reactions: PearlSUJam
Except that Curley testified to the contrary. Curley said that is was his decision alone know full well the ramifications which cost him more time than the others.
MM, JM, Dranov and Raykovitz decided not to call police. One of them became a multi millionaire and the other three continue to lead their lives as though nothing happened.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT