ADVERTISEMENT

C/S/S all get jail time

I think it was when he admitted, ON THE STAND, that the Grand Jury testimony was leaked.

Which is what they sent Kane to prison for.

But there is the corrupt team that is in place in PA, and anyone who opposes them gets cut down. C/S/S were the patsies, along with JVP, who took the fall so all of the shenanigans going on around TSM can be buried successfully.

And the press is the willing propaganda arm of the state, ignoring what they are supposed to ignore, trumpeting what they are supposed to trumpet. It's like the set up in some third world, banana republic.

But there is the corrupt team that is in place in PA, and anyone who opposes them gets cut down. C/S/S were the patsies, along with JVP, who took the fall so all of the shenanigans going on around TSM can be buried successfully.

And the press is the willing propaganda arm of the state, ignoring what they are supposed to ignore, trumpeting what they are supposed to trumpet. It's like the set up in some third world, banana republic.
I've spent a lot of time living in some of these 'banana republics' and the distance between legal systems there and in the US is minimal. The only difference is that most everyone in Central America (for example) knows their legal systems are absolutely corrupt while here we pretend it's a beacon of justice.

i hate to sound so negative but I honestly agree with this, at least in PA right now. Philly is as corrupt a city as there is in America. And Central PA is Philly's bitch.

Reactions: Sharkies
Too bad about the "gradually" part.

Is what it is.

What I've observed over time: an inverse correlation between (1) someone's age, and (2) their willingness to admit "I was wrong about something."

There are more "55-year-old Paterno Loyalists" than there are "25-year-old Paterno Loyalists."

Reactions: WHCANole
I've spent a lot of time living in some of these 'banana republics' and the distance between legal systems there and in the US is minimal. The only difference is that most everyone in Central America (for example) knows their legal systems are absolutely corrupt while here we pretend it's a beacon of justice.

24443863480_337a4f450e_b.jpg

Remember in elementary school, middle school, hearing all the time "Justice is blind".

Don't hear too much of that concept in this country anymore, do you? Who would believe that horseshit?

Problem is they never actually LOSE an election
The are not "retained"

Which means while they don't hold that position they remain in the system, sometimes in better positions, forever

Just ask Judge Fuedale-he was NOT retained in Norhumberland County.....and look where he pops up next

The judge in his statement concerning Paterno just logically (and Legally) proved that the entire Sandsuky-Penn State legal matter was/is a politically controlled "Hit Job" - conducted OUTSIDE the laws of both the State and the Constitution.

The "Hit Job" has been conclusively confirmed by this judge's specific singling out Paterno - a dead UNCHARGED and legally irrelevant citizen at a sentencing trial - an act that can only be justified by trying to protect "The Story" and those political hacks that the Penn State illusion provides cover.

This also confirms the often stated suspicions that have been voiced by credible legal expert sources on the continuous abuses of the PA legal system. After over 6 years of such consistent negative and TARGETED "interpretations" of the law by PA courts - they are no longer suspicions - they are now a FACT of legal abuse & A CRIME.

Political correctness - the deception created by a corrupt and collusive media - has destroyed and totally replaced the basic concepts of Justice in PA. Criminals are running the State of PA and these irresponsible statements made by a "sitting Judge" leave no other possible conclusion or reasonable debate for these actions.

You now see why all the media coverage has been directed to creating, and then maintaining continuous misinformation. Without such professional abuse of what the public thinks it knows, the Public would see the real cover-up ---- PA's elected officials consistently abusing their power inherent in state government.

i hate to sound so negative but I honestly agree with this, at least in PA right now. Philly is as corrupt a city as there is in America. And Central PA is Philly's bitch.
I'd say our BOT ranks right up there in the corruption department. They are just as complicit in this as the Commonwealth. Just me, of course, but how anyone can continue to have any feeling for or support this University in any way is mind boggling. The place can burn to the ground as far as I'm concerned.

In retrospect pleading guilty was not the right decision for S/C. They probably should have taken their case before the jury.

The judge is basically right about the prosecution. They simply botched the handling of Cynthia Baldwin. If they hadn't been so careless in the way they handled the grand jury (and the GJ judge shares the blame), they might have been able to make a conspiracy/obstruction case against C/S.

Reactions: billyberoux
Is what it is.

What I've observed over time: an inverse correlation between (1) someone's age, and (2) their willingness to admit "I was wrong about something."

There are more "55-year-old Paterno Loyalists" than there are "25-year-old Paterno Loyalists."

What I've noticed almost instantly, is that while you are widely regarded as an ass wipe here, you are respected in The Liar.

It seems that the judge wasn't only judging the accused. He took the opportunity to stand up on his soap box and pound his chest. He'll no doubt tout his success at bringing people to justice as he seeks a higher position.
His will be the closing line/scene in the upcoming movie.

Boccabella retired last year after he reached the mandatory retirement age, so he won't be running for any elections. He presided over this trial as a senior judge.
These "Senior Judges" are brought in to do the dirty work for controversial cases all over the state. That way, elected judges don't have to worry about hurting their chances of getting reelected when helping out their political friends. It's a freakin scam.

Just like when defense attorneys delay court dates to make sure they get a judge that is sympathetic to their case.

Our legal system in PA is broken and corrupt from top to bottom.

Don't even get me started on how Grand Jury investigations are one of the most corrupt, abused tactics by prosecutors.

The fact that Spanier got off lighter than the other two is pretty interesting. It tells me that the judge believed that he had been given less information than Curley or Schultz. that is the only way to rationalize Spanier getting off lighter.

Somebody needs a hug

Yes, all of the crybabies who couldn't see this coming need one. They have
been waiting for years for some revelation to appear that absolved those
in power at the time. I was part of the "move on" crowd from the start
and have been proven right. PSU football is thriving as are many other
sports. PSU's good name is being restored and after these trials that
should accelerate. Don't fear change. I can'r wait for PSU to wear black uni's with pink trim for some games. For those like you who love the past, here is an invisible ( ) hug.

The old Catholic in me believes that eventually there is a price to be paid. And fellas, I am going to reserve the right to chuckle when it happens. And nobody better lecture me about how terrible I am to laugh at someone else's misfortune.

The fact that Spanier got off lighter than the other two is pretty interesting. It tells me that the judge believed that he had been given less information than Curley or Schultz. that is the only way to rationalize Spanier getting off lighter.

That and Curley bragging in his testimony that he wasnt going to jail. Im sure thats why he got the biggest sentence but the judge did say Curley was most accountable.

I am surprised that some of you are surprised. This judge has three men guilty of endangering children in front of him and you expect him to just let them go away with a fine and a slap? No chance that was going to happen. They were negligent and this was a high profile case. They stood little chance of getting nothing.

I find it stupid that the State spent so much money and time on getting such little results.
The prosecution and judge had one man "in front of them" in the witness box admitting to EWOC under oath, upon a report from three men innocent of EWOC and he got away scot free.

Yes, all of the crybabies who couldn't see this coming need one. They have
been waiting for years for some revelation to appear that absolved those
in power at the time. I was part of the "move on" crowd from the start
and have been proven right. PSU football is thriving as are many other
sports. PSU's good name is being restored and after these trials that
should accelerate. Don't fear change. I can'r wait for PSU to wear black uni's with pink trim for some games. For those like you who love the past, here is an invisible ( ) hug.

There are plenty of us out there that enjoy the past and the present of PSU at the same time, don't get your panties in a bunch because you are too slow to understand that concept.

The prosecution and judge had one man "in front of them" in the witness box admitting to EWOC under oath, upon a report from three men innocent of EWOC and he got away scot free.
It's not the Prosecutors job to impeach their own witness.

The responsibility for plucking that low-hanging fruit belonged to Spanier and his esteemed Ivy League Lawyers.

How'd they do there?

Reactions: Sharkies
There are plenty of us out there that enjoy the past and the present of PSU at the same time, don't get your panties in a bunch because you are too slow to understand that concept.

I enjoyed the past. Like everyone I lived it. But trying to preserve the past at
the expense of the future is a fools errand. I'm sorry you are "too slow
to understand that concept".

Well that's not true. The email evidence in the case suggests that JVP's discussion with Curley helped push him to not contact the proper authorities. It wasn't great evidence, but it was certainly there and many interpreted it as such.

You really show your bias here.. speculation and guesswork in order to meet a certain narrative or theory is not evidence. Guessing what Joe said based on Curley's feelings and actions is a giant mistake. The judge bringing Joe's name into this was as grandstanding as it gets.

Sorry Wensilver, I'm a little slow on the uptake...what was the latest stunt?

His raging boner that not only flew around the newsroom with the women down at the Philadelphia Inquirer, but at The Washington Post & will live on forever on the Internet.

ADVERTISEMENT