ADVERTISEMENT

Bye bye huskers! Man I love beating that school! **

I thought that I heard that Nebraska was a 4 seed in last year's BIG tourney. I don't remember them being that good but if so, did they lose good players from last year. Their best players today were Peteway and Shields who are a senior and junior respectively. If they were pretty good last year, then they must have lost another really good player.

After reading the comments on their board posted here, I hate that school.

Originally posted by nits74:
I agree. At one time I thought Nebraska fans were all class. Now I find I was right, but it's "low class".

Originally posted by nitlion93:
I thought that I heard that Nebraska was a 4 seed in last year's BIG tourney. I don't remember them being that good but if so, did they lose good players from last year. Their best players today were Peteway and Shields who are a senior and junior respectively. If they were pretty good last year, then they must have lost another really good player.
Petteway was Nebraska's big-time player last year, too. I don't recall them losing a lot of guys, and if they did none were bigger for their team than Petteway. They kind of came out of nowhere last year to succeed in the B1G and make the NCAA tournament, and they really fell off the table this year. Petteway's had some personal issues this season (his mother is battling cancer), but this has been a pretty disappointing year for Nebraska considering what they did last year and with Petteway back.

I used to feel the same way, especially after the 1993 season when we should have been the National Champs, but I attended the Nebraska game a couple of years ago in Lincoln, and I must say I have never met nicer fans. I must have had 5 or 6 people come up to me and ask if I was being treated ok, and if not, just tell another Nebraska fan. Many other were very welcoming saying welcome, glad to have you, we are routing for you guys, etc. Kind of changed my mind a little about Nebraska overall. Still think we were the best team in 1993, but their fans are the nicest I have ever encountered.
This post was edited on 3/12 12:10 AM by BullrunLion

Well, take a trip to Alabama if you want to find truly nice fans. Not the phony, disingenuous types you find in Nebraska and throughout the Midwest for that matter. By the way it was 1994 when we should have been national champions, not 1993. Had we played them, we would not only have won, we would have smoked Nebraska.

Well, take a trip to Alabama if you want to find truly nice fans. Not the phony, disingenuous types you find in Nebraska and throughout the Midwest for that matter. By the way it was 1994 when we should have been national champions, not 1993. Had we played them, we would not only have won, we would have smoked Nebraska.
That team would have smoked most teams in the entire existence of college football. One of the best collections of offensive talent ever assembled. So unstoppable when they clicked.

That was when the great Miami Canes with the great Warren Sapp couldn't play one half of decent football on their home field, in their own environment, and hold a lead. That was also when the anti Joe faction on the media pissed on us and didn't vote for us # 1. Poor Tom Osborne had never won the MNC etc. I think we would have blown them out if we could have played them. Too bad we didn't get the chance.

Two words for them: lawrence phillips

ADVERTISEMENT