ADVERTISEMENT

By the numbers - why Baker Mayfield's performance against Kansas is pitiful

TenerHallTerror

Oct 18, 2016
and should NOT secure him the Heisman

OK I am going to list some passing lines against KS.

You tell me which one was the performance of the Heisman "front runner":

30/47 343 yds 2TD 1INT
28/37 467 yds 5TD
25/39 347 yds 2TD 1INT
22/27 290 yds 3TD 1INT
20/30 257 yds 3TD

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
and should NOT secure him the Heisman

OK I am going to list some passing lines against KS.

You tell me which one was the performance of the Heisman "front runner":

30/47 343 yds 2TD 1INT
28/37 467 yds 5TD
25/39 347 yds 2TD 1INT
22/27 290 yds 3TD 1INT
20/30 257 yds 3TD

HATER!

baker_mayfield_tackled_1489187161.gif

Kansas could have used those cops on defense last week.

Gotta love how the Fayetteville police pursue and gang tackle.....and yes, KU could have used those cops on D, on O, on Special Teams.....and not only last week, but all season.

I guess my point was how the media is kissing his arse, but Shane Morris put up much better numbers against Kansas.

#ShaneMorrisHeisman

Reactions: step.eng69
That would be great, so long as the Heisman voters didn't apply the same screens to other candidates - like Barkley.

Running Backs against Rutgers:

Ellison of Indiana, 15 carries for 149 yards 2 TD - and his back up also ran for over 100
Higdon of Michigan, 18 carries for 158 yards 2 TD - and his back up also ran for over 100
McCall of Ohio State - their THIRD TEAM (maybe fourth) running back, 11 carries for 103 yards and 1 TD

Barkley, 13 carries for 44 yards.

Or, maybe selected comparatives ain't such a good idea :)

I did not see Kansas selling out 5 defenders on every play JUST to stop Mayfield

It only took three to not shake his hand! :rolleyes:

now that was funny.

seems sotrmingnorm ain't the only one trying to make the "Rutgers" hook

which again, gives me little hope for Saquon. simply because people vote who do NOT WATCH the frikkin games.

If I had a vote for the award, my ballot would have Barkley on the top of the list - without hesitation or qualification.

Pointing out the idiocy of using "comparative stats vs one particular opponent" as a means of qualifying Heisman candidates is NOT in any way shape or form even tangentially related to using a "hook" (whatever the heck that is supposed to mean) to downgrade Barkley.

enh you're kind of making my point while missing it

comparative stats is what caused Barkley's Heisman stock to drop. because people who vote for the Heisman saw that performance against Rutgers, but didn't watch how nearly 5 defenders on EVERY PLAY committed to stopping Saquon. does being an effective decoy lose him votes in a rational world?

But here I heard how Mayfield's performance against Kansas "solidified" his Heaisman stock. WHY? Kansas' defensive is dreadful. Lesser QBs put up more impressive numbers, and you cannot argue that 5 defenders were focused on Baker all game long.

enh you're kind of making my point while missing it

comparative stats is what caused Barkley's Heisman stock to drop. because people who vote for the Heisman saw that performance against Rutgers, but didn't watch how nearly 5 defenders on EVERY PLAY committed to stopping Saquon. does being an effective decoy lose him votes in a rational world?

But here I heard how Mayfield's performance against Kansas "solidified" his Heaisman stock. WHY? Kansas' defensive is dreadful. Lesser QBs put up more impressive numbers, and you cannot argue that 5 defenders were focused on Baker all game long.

It’s very clear that KU defenders don’t focus on ANYONE!

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
Gotta love how the Fayetteville police pursue and gang tackle.....and yes, KU could have used those cops on D, on O, on Special Teams.....and not only last week, but all season.
All season? Pretty much all my life.

[7QUOTE="demlion, post: 3139350, member: 3846"]All season? Pretty much all my life.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much all my life too.....but which team last got through a season and their bowl game with only one loss?

Penn State 2005.....Kansas 2007. Hard to believe!

I don’t care if Barkley doesn’t get the Heisman. He is the most outstanding player but ok....I get it. He doesn’t have the stats.

Mayfield has nice stats and is a tool. I don’t recall Tool being part of the criteria. He should be disqualified for his off field AND on field behavior

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT