ADVERTISEMENT

BWI FFL

QuePasaNisiMasa

Oct 16, 2017
@WTNuke @wbcincy @mbar21 @Coultr77 @mickey_PSU @Mick7432 @tgar @henrymale

Entering the "G & W Recruiting" board like:.
1361304534_elevator_stairs.gif

It won't let me make a conversation with more than 5 people and no one seems to be using this board. So this is The BWI FFL Thread (for now).

First order of business is to find one or three more teams. I'm working on it, but if you have any ideas of a board member that's a sure thing, let me know.

Second order of business is that there are 9 people doing it and only 6 teams registered. For the three of you who haven't yet done that, please hit the link here and git-r-done.

Final order of business for now is the draft time. I know we have some conflicts, which was to be expected, so let's start the bidding on a new time. On my schedule, the draft can be anytime from 9/2-9/5.

Last edited:
I'm registered. I'd love to draft on Sept 3 in the morning if possible so I can watch FSU vs VT at night.

Let's do this. If everyone can say which team they are, we can then publicly shame the two remaining members into joining the league.

I was Team Aaron Miller and Team Aaron Miller 2. But I got one deleted and renamed the other "Turd Embargo"

@Coultr77 @tgar Bueller? Bueller?

As best I can tell, after a "thorough" bit of research, you are the two delinquent teams. I also might be wrong, the research wasn't that "thorough".

Also, I'm having a weirdly difficult time finding the last team. If anyone knows of anyone who would wanna do this, let me know. Otherwise, its getting thrown on the den next week for the last remaining spot (or 3).

I'm registered. I'd love to draft on Sept 3 in the morning if possible so I can watch FSU vs VT at night.

I would predict that weekday mornings are probably going to be tough for at least a few people. I've drafted while watching football games before. It's quite enjoyable.

Potentially, 9/3 at 7pm EST? Get the initial rounds out of the way without game time distractions.

Thoughts?

I would predict that weekday mornings are probably going to be tough for at least a few people. I've drafted while watching football games before. It's quite enjoyable.

Potentially, 9/3 at 7pm EST? Get the initial rounds out of the way without game time distractions.

Thoughts?
I should be available then.

weird, I do. damn voices in my head again

I am beyond happy that some trash talk is already starting.

On a separate note:

@WTNuke @henrymale @dunkej01 @wolfer3 @mickey_PSU @Mick7432 @mbar21 @wbcincy @psufan2411

Just a courteous reminder that the draft is this evening at 8pm. It'd behoove you to check in to the league and test your system to make sure the draft works. You don't want to be updating Flash as the first round starts.

I sent out a longer reminder email through the league so make sure to check the email with which you have your team registered if you haven't. If you don't see it, it's in your junk folder, which would be good to fix sooner than later as league emails will come in every once in a while.

I like how you're trying to throw us all off the scent of McKinnon and keep us from drafting him so you can get him yourself. Well the joke is on you, @henrymale is too smart for that tactic and he will be taking McKinnon first overall tonight.

Jerrick McKinnon, the guy you want to draft #1 overall (don't actually do this)
LOL....this is what's so damn funny about me playing in this league....I REALLY had no idea of who you were talking about. Now I do. I have no rights to be in this league other than providing the comic relief to you guys.
I guess I'll have to pay attention to the NFL this year.

Nah

BUMP

@WTNuke @henrymale @dunkej01 @wolfer3 @mickey_PSU @mbar21 @wbcincy @psufan2411 @Mick7432

Anyone interested in doing this again? To be frank, it's probably not worth it without some sort of small buy-in involved. Too many teams go into disrepair if you don't lose anything by abandoning ship. And then you have teams playing to get into the playoffs against another team starting 4 guys that have been on the IR since October. Kind of kills the competitive spirit.

Either way, happy to manage it and get it started if we've got enough people.

BUMP

@WTNuke @henrymale @dunkej01 @wolfer3 @mickey_PSU @mbar21 @wbcincy @psufan2411 @Mick7432

Anyone interested in doing this again? To be frank, it's probably not worth it without some sort of small buy-in involved. Too many teams go into disrepair if you don't lose anything by abandoning ship. And then you have teams playing to get into the playoffs against another team starting 4 guys that have been on the IR since October. Kind of kills the competitive spirit.

Either way, happy to manage it and get it started if we've got enough people.
I stuck with it the whole year, trying hard not to muck it up too bad....won a matchup or two but probably because I really didn't/don't understand all the intricacies, I didn't succeed much nor did I get much pleasure from it.
Having said all of that, I'll be a team guy if you find yourself short a player when trying to put together another group. Let me know and I'll help out but my initial reaction is to pass.
But thanks for asking me again.

I stuck with it the whole year, trying hard not to muck it up too bad....won a matchup or two but probably because I really didn't/don't understand all the intricacies, I didn't succeed much nor did I get much pleasure from it.
Having said all of that, I'll be a team guy if you find yourself short a player when trying to put together another group. Let me know and I'll help out but my initial reaction is to pass.
But thanks for asking me again.

Much appreciated. I think you improved quite a bit for what it's worth. Once you get the hang of it, it's a good bit of fun.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT