BUST !!!

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
After some early dip buying, which we would expect on a Monday morning, the selloff appears to be resuming with some velocity. Interesting that energy/oil is in free-fall with problems in China and there is some movement into longer dated bonds as recessionary expectations grow.

I am wondering what will happen when the S&P drops below 4,000. Would think that to be a psychological tipping point.

If the world economy gets fractured by cuts in trade we would expect the stagflationary pressures to become extreme. We could be looking at stock valuations cut in half of where they are today.

Terrible environment for retirees who were expecting income/returns going forward. I was never that optimistic. Printing money to bail out low productivity never seemed right to me. The US led the free world into an an inflationary abyss.

Reactions: Sullivan

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
After some early dip buying, which we would expect on a Monday morning, the selloff appears to be resuming with some velocity. Interesting that energy/oil is in free-fall with problems in China and there is some movement into longer dated bonds as recessionary expectations grow.

I am wondering what will happen when the S&P drops below 4,000. Would think that to be a psychological tipping point.

If the world economy gets fractured by cuts in trade we would expect the stagflationary pressures to become extreme. We could be looking at stock valuations cut in half of where they are today.

Terrible environment for retirees who were expecting income/returns going forward. I was never that optimistic. Printing money to bail out low productivity never seemed right to me. The US led the free world into an an inflationary abyss.

How is TWTR doing?

NJ shorted it, right?

Reactions: Sullivan

junior1

May 29, 2001
After some early dip buying, which we would expect on a Monday morning, the selloff appears to be resuming with some velocity. Interesting that energy/oil is in free-fall with problems in China and there is some movement into longer dated bonds as recessionary expectations grow.notice how these

notice how these sell offs occur during first year of a democrat president's term. Remember Obama's first year? Just as bad, that was supposed to be a once in a lifetime event. Joe says "I can do better and make the situation worse"
It's amazing to me how the government can screw things up so royally. Even folks on this board were
calling for fed rate increases in 2021 and a democrat's own economist said that the $1.9 trillion Biden giveaway was inflationary.

Last edited: