ADVERTISEMENT

Burroughs vs. Taylor???

I forget the exact wording but they did mention something on the broadcast about December having the biggest matches. I forget the exact wording but I remember thinking they were talking about quality and not just quantity but I will gladly take both.

Awesome. That Rokfin account is really worth the $10. I hope Cael makes this match happen.

How about a Cael and Kerk match as well!! .....kidding (sort of)

I do not actually like this - David has nothing to gain from this. I’d MUCH prefer to see him wrestle Jden and JB to wrestle Dake.

Can someone tell me who pays these wrestlers, NLWC or Rofkin – can either compete with the pays Flo will be offering to stream and host this?

Would DT pass up a Flo payday to help out the NLWC? I imagine JB will still command top dollar.

I would suspect NLWC isn’t having trouble finding folks who want to participate.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
I do not actually like this - David has nothing to gain from this. I’d MUCH prefer to see him wrestle Jden and JB to wrestle Dake.

Can someone tell me who pays these wrestlers, NLWC or Rofkin – can either compete with the pays Flo will be offering to stream and host this?

Would DT pass up a Flo payday to help out the NLWC? I imagine JB will still command top dollar.
Was it announced that Flo will stream and not NLWC/Rokfin?

Apart from the potential for injury that is inherent to the sport, I absolutely love it. I’m a big fan of Burroughs but after the recent smack talk, I’m excited to see things settled on the mat. One thing for certain: JB won’t be facing an apple-cheeked kid fresh out of college this time. Should be a great bout with neither wrestler really having anything to lose.

Last edited:
Reactions: lionlover
I would suspect NLWC isn’t having trouble finding folks who want to participate.
Byers made a comment before the event last night about Zacherl. He said something along the lines of Zacherl being the first in line asking for a match, which would seem to support your point.

Of course, I think he also indicated that RBY beat Zacherl to it, so maybe Zacherl was first in line of the outsiders.

Man. DT should give the guy more time before trying to shame him into hurrying up. I would hate it if someone pesters and rushes me with fake, arbitrary urgency. I would think: uh, when did your emergency become my emergency?

Also, by David’s doing the annoying rushing publicly, now even when Burroughs says yes, he’ll have a bad taste because it looks as if he was following the finger-snapping orders of his boss man, David Taylor.

If David wants to be successful in the way Cael is successful, he will need better people skills.

Last edited:
Wait, are you making sense and not throwing the sarcasm in a post?

Man. DT should give the guy more time before trying to shame him into hurrying up. I would hate it if someone pesters and rushes me with fake, arbitrary urgency. I would think: uh, when did your emergency become my emergency?

Also, by David’s doing the annoying rushing publicly, now even when Burroughs says yes, he’ll have a bad taste because it looks as if he was following the finger-snapping orders of his boss man, David Taylor.

If David wants to be successful in the way Cael is successful, he will need better people skills.

What in the world are you talking about? Burroughs tweeted that he wanted David in December and DT said yes.

Reactions: Pennstate1985

I think DT's attitude is all about trying to push/market the match to make both of them $$$$. What he is doing is nothing more than what happens for MMA and boxing matches, one of the guys is going to have a big mouth to draw interest. DT, JB etc are essentially professional wrestlers...with the pay per view matches, they have to try to make as much money as they can while they can.

I think DT's attitude is all about trying to push/market the match to make both of them $$$$. What he is doing is nothing more than what happens for MMA and boxing matches, one of the guys is going to have a big mouth to draw interest. DT, JB etc are essentially professional wrestlers...with the pay per view matches, they have to try to make as much money as they can while they can.
This is a interesting time in Wrestling.Flo is willing to pay way more for the match then they will get going with NLWC on Rokfin .But you've stick to what you believe in and grow the NLWC.The question is will Burroughs be willing to take less

Maybe. It all depends how Burroughs sees it. And how the public likes DT if he’s the guy with the big mouth.

Dake had a big mouth, and Burroughs does not seem to be thanking him for increasing interest in the sport, per Flo guys. We’ll just have to see over time how DT “builds his brand” and how he builds his professional relationships.

This is the same kind of back and forth we saw leading up to the Burroughs vs Askrin match. Unfortunately, with wrestling you have to bring your own hype if you want an audience.

Reactions: Lyons212
Don't forget that behind the scenes, JB and DT are good friends. Each of them wrestles to win when they compete, but that hasn't stopped their friendship. Same goes for Dake and DT. Look how hard they trained together for the world championship when they both competed.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are some private email exchanges or phone conversations between JB and DT to work out a strategy for hyping up the match. (Don't forget the scheming between Jerry Lawler and Andy Kaufmann for their big showdown.)

As AgSurfer suggested, I can’t help but wonder if they’re hyping this up in collaboration with each other.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT