Burn Pits

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
Very odd reaction by Nutty Nancy to Brandon’s STOU comments on burn pits.

Burn Pits - Nutty Nancy I actually thought it was a very peculiar topic to discuss by Brandon in the first place, and I wasn’t quite clear why they chose that topic. It seemed to come out of left field especially considering all the real important problems that were caused by Brandon and his Democrat colleagues.

And Nutty Nancy’s reaction was even more awkward? It was almost as if she either acted like the “wicked witch of the West” when Brandon mentioned burn pits, or she though she was ripping up the SOTU address, but forget to hold the document in her hands.

Very bizarre!

Last edited:
Reactions: john4psu

Ian

Gold Member
Jul 8, 2001
State College, Pa
Pelosi spends so much time adjusting her dentures while trying to smile. That face alone symbolizes the issues on Capital Hill. Talk about corrupt pols!

Fayette_LION

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2004

Burn Pits - Nutty Nancy I actually thought it was a very peculiar topic to discuss by Brandon in the first place, and I wasn’t quite clear why they chose that topic. It seemed to come out of left field especially considering all the real important problems that were caused by Brandon and his Democrat colleagues.

And Nutty Nancy’s reaction was even more awkward? It was almost as if she either acted like the “wicked witch of the West” when Brandon mentioned burn pits, or she though she was ripping up the SOTU address, but forget to hold the document in her hands.

Very bizarre!
Burn pits are an issue for military veterans who participated in these burns or were subject to smoke inhalation from the pits. It is an issue but such a small one that it should have never made a state of the union. But just like the bathroom and trans issue, it involves such a small part of the population that it should never make main line news. Nutty Nancy must have requested that for one of the people in her district. Overall, just more dumbo-cratic stupidity for all to see.

Reactions: john4psu and psuted

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
Burn pits are an issue for military veterans who participated in these burns or were subject to smoke inhalation from the pits. It is an issue but such a small one that it should have never made a state of the union. But just like the bathroom and trans issue, it involves such a small part of the population that it should never make main line news. Nutty Nancy must have requested that for one of the people in her district. Overall, just more dumbo-cratic stupidity for all to see.

It sounded so misplaced in a SOTU address. Almost as if they were searching for topics to talk about.

Fayette_LION

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2004
It sounded so misplaced in a SOTU address. Almost as if they were searching for topics to talk about.
If you are a veteran, you are aware that this has been an issue for awhile. Again, it only involves a small portion of the veterans. As such, it has no place in a SOTU speech.

Reactions: psuted

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
If you are a veteran, you are aware that this has been an issue for awhile. Again, it only involves a small portion of the veterans. As such, it has no place in a SOTU speech.

Well, it’s certainly something that should be looked into and addressed and I can’t imagine why anyone would disagree with that. And if positive action wasn’t taken by now in order to come to a consensus and take swift measures to help veterans, then shame on our politicians. I guess in a way Biden can be given a pass on bringing this up at the SOTU, because of the connection to his son that passed away, so I’m not faulting him in that regard. But I found it to be very unusual in a SOTU.

Reactions: The Spin Meister

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
Well, it’s certainly something that should be looked into and addressed and I can’t imagine why anyone would disagree with that. And if positive action wasn’t taken by now in order to come to a consensus and take swift measures to help veterans, then shame on our politicians. I guess in a way Biden can be given a pass on bringing this up at the SOTU, because of the connection to his son that passed away, so I’m not faulting him in that regard. But I found it to be very unusual in a SOTU.

It's not the state of the biden family.

HartfordLlion

Sep 28, 2001

Well, the SOTU is a speech were you tout your success in the past year and layout the challenges the country is facing and your forthcoming policies to address them. When your administration has been a total shit show in the past year and you have almost nothing to tout as successes, you resort to burn pit. Kind of fitting the way Biden's past year has gone.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003

Very bizarre!

Joey was playing the Beau card yet again....... It's disgusting how he dishonors a life for political gain.

MaconNitt

Oct 18, 2016

Very bizarre!
Pelosi's reaction was bizarre.

Burn pits have been linked to cancer.

Biden's son served in the military. He died from cancer. Do not know if it was related to burn pits.

It was a tie in to the bigger issue of fighting cancer. Just about everyone has had a family member or friend die from cancer.

So yes, Cancer is an issue for all Americans just like inflation.

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX

Biden's son served in the military. He died from cancer. Do not know if it was related to burn pits.

It was a tie in to the bigger issue of fighting cancer. Just about everyone has had a family member or friend die from cancer.

Bbq'd meat has been linked to cancer.
Sunshine has been linked to cancer.
Even Broccoli was once linked to cancer.

Factually this is part of a larger plan to destroy the military.
Now we need to recycle battlefield supplies and spend billions on an alternative.

LdN

MaconNitt

Oct 18, 2016
Bbq'd meat has been linked to cancer.
Sunshine has been linked to cancer.
Even Broccoli was once linked to cancer.

Factually this is part of a larger plan to destroy the military.
Now we need to recycle battlefield supplies and spend billions on an alternative.

LdN
conspiracy theory much :rolleyes:

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003

This is called enabling.

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010

And Cancer is likely to be with us for a long time as well.

I know about it very well as my mother struggled mightily with cancer for many year and our family had vivid memories of that and didn’t have a happy ending at all.

So, I’m all for cancer research, most Americans are in agreement and very sympathetic to that end, it’s been with us forever and will always be with us in the future as well, but nevertheless, it’s something that is odd and in my judgement a bit misplaced in a SOTU address.

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
Joey was playing the Beau card yet again....... It's disgusting how he dishonors a life for political gain.

You may be right Knoxy and I don’t sit in judgment of his motives, but it’s just an odd thing for a SOTU address.

And Nutty Nancy’s reaction was very bizarre and creepy.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
You may be right Knoxy and I don’t sit in judgment of his motives, but it’s just an odd thing for a SOTU address.

I do. He's a corrupt self absorbed narcissist who cares more about he feels than he does the American people.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

Ski

May 29, 2001

Beau Biden was a lawyer in an air conditioned office no where near battle or burning pits of sh!t. It had nothing to do with his cancer.. It was a pure farcical political show. You should know that already

HartfordLlion

Sep 28, 2001

lots of things in the military especially when you are involved in a full fledged conflict can possibly contribute to cancer later in life. Spent depleted uranium shells being at the top of the list. In both Iraq wars oil rigs were set on fire, incomplete combustion of raw oil resulted in a nasty cesspool of toxins released into the atmosphere.

MaconNitt

Oct 18, 2016
This is called enabling.

And Cancer is likely to be with us for a long time as well.

I know about it very well as my mother struggled mightily with cancer for many year and our family had vivid memories of that and didn’t have a happy ending at all.

So, I’m all for cancer research, most Americans are in agreement and very sympathetic to that end, it’s been with us forever and will always be with us in the future as well, but nevertheless, it’s something that is odd and in my judgement a bit misplaced in a SOTU address.

Beau Biden was a lawyer in an air conditioned office no where near battle or burning pits of sh!t. It had nothing to do with his cancer.. It was a pure farcical political show. You should know that already

He also worked his dad into the speech. When in doubt talk about his very wise father and his beloved late son. Can’t miss material but he has used its expiration date is over.
lots of things in the military especially when you are involved in a full fledged conflict can possibly contribute to cancer later in life. Spent depleted uranium shells being at the top of the list. In both Iraq wars oil rigs were set on fire, incomplete combustion of raw oil resulted in a nasty cesspool of toxins released into the atmosphere.

Many presidents have worked in issues they have championed into their SOTU Addresses that have affected a majority of Americans. Obama had healthcare, Reagan had the war on drugs. Remember "Just Say No To Drugs"?

In Reagan's 1987 SOTU Address he worked in this about drugs:

"There's one more thing we can't let up on: Let's redouble our personal efforts to provide for every child a safe and drug-free learning environment. If our crusade against drugs succeeds with our children, we will defeat that scourge all over the country."

Mind you it was not as extensive as Biden's mentions of cancer, but it was a large campaign for Reagan. Agree that Biden's use of references of his son and father in his speeches is getting old. Don't let your hatred for everything Biden cloud you judgement on cancer. It was not all about burn pits.

There are many issues to attack Biden on.

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
Many presidents have worked in issues they have championed into their SOTU Addresses that have affected a majority of Americans. Obama had healthcare, Reagan had the war on drugs. Remember "Just Say No To Drugs"?

"There's one more thing we can't let up on: Let's redouble our personal efforts to provide for every child a safe and drug-free learning environment. If our crusade against drugs succeeds with our children, we will defeat that scourge all over the country."

Mind you it was not as extensive as Biden's mentions of cancer, but it was a large campaign for Reagan. Agree that Biden's use of references of his son and father in his speeches is getting old. Don't let your hatred for everything Biden cloud you judgement on cancer. It was not all about burn pits.

Well, my primary intent was honestly not to attack Biden, but was mainly to point out the bizarre and creepy reaction of Pelosi to burn pits.

MaconNitt

Oct 18, 2016
Well, my primary intent was honestly not to attack Biden, but was mainly to point out the bizarre and creepy reaction of Pelosi to burn pits.
agree, she is creepy in a lot of ways, the constant running of her tongue across her teeth. Who does she think she is, Cher? It's like she is trying to clean her teeth from all the bullshit that comes out of here mouth.

lurkerlion

Aug 2, 2011

Yeah, this started with Pelosi’s reaction and veered like many threads. As to Biden, his use of his father and son as crutches in his speeches came up. Trump has many crutches or affects when he speaks which have reached expiration date also. Hillary always relied on doing it for children as her crutch for the roots of her motivation. Politicians just keep using what worked before when they should find new material.

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
I do. He's a corrupt self absorbed narcissist who cares more about he feels than he does the American people.

Based on Biden’s past actions and the way he shamelessly attacked Trump and so many others for very questionable personal things for seemingly cheap political reasons, and many of those things having to do with their families, I can’t say I blame you for feeling that way. And it’s not only Biden, it’s many Democrat politicians and supporters on the left, even some of the posters on this board. They are good at being self righteous hypocrites and crossing the line all the time.

I just don’t like to even think that anyone would leverage their own family tragedies or experiences as a way to score political points either. I’m not naive and I know it’s happens and there are those that have undoubtedly done that very thing and perhaps even worse. But in my book that is lower than low, and I just feel uncomfortable to judge in those cases, as it’s something that the big guy upstairs can deal with.

From my past posts on this board, it’s no secret that I think Biden is a liar, dishonest, a big hypocrite, he’s not very smart, he’s a political opportunist, a self serving and self righteousness elitist, and many other things. I really don’t like anything about his character as a person. So I feel comfortable and at peace with myself judging his motives up to that point. But that’s as far as I’ll go with judging anyone.

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
Well, the SOTU is a speech were you tout your success in the past year and layout the challenges the country is facing and your forthcoming policies to address them. When your administration has been a total shit show in the past year and you have almost nothing to tout as successes, you resort to burn pit. Kind of fitting the way Biden's past year has gone.

That’s exactly the way I saw it too. It was as if there was nothing of significance or consequence for him to use in a typical SOTU address, so he filled out 1+ hours of time with small political gibberish and rhetoric.