ADVERTISEMENT

Bull/Joseph

WildTurk

Jul 25, 2011
Just got home from the dual. I fast forwarded right to this match. I absolutely love watching these 2 battle. All out war. Blood, sweat and giant cajones. That match is what great college wrestling is about. I hope we get to see them wrestle 2 more times. 174 was great aswell. We all got our money's worth forsure!

I respect Marinelli because he is a real talent and doesn’t change who he is based on the opponent. Good to see VJ come out on top. The match was Wrestlemania 2 caliber.

Just got home from the dual. I fast forwarded right to this match. I absolutely love watching these 2 battle. All out war. Blood, sweat and giant cajones. That match is what great college wrestling is about. I hope we get to see them wrestle 2 more times. 174 was great aswell. We all got our money's worth forsure!

source.gif

Reactions: aworsnup
I love Marinelli. The kid goes out and attacks and last night he threw the kitchen sink at VJ. What a match! The Bull insisted that somebody was getting tossed last night and I love that he was confident enough in himself to believe it wouldn't be him. It ended up being him but man he has some cojones. Great match.

I wouldn’t call AM a poor sport (Maryland sure was), though that was a mistake not to shake his hand. Not sure if my arteries can take 2 more of these matchups, but I’m still looking forward to them.

Having wrestled a bit myself, having watched my two sons wrestle a good bit more than I did and having been a fan of the sport for decades, I really think a wrestler should give a legit handshake and congratulate and thank his opponent, win, lose or draw. That said, If Marinelli gave a swat, slap or made contact, I don't think he's necessarily deserving of any criticism from the PSU fans or anyone else. His parents, his wife or his coaches might want to mention it to him, but he's not deserving of attacks here in my humble opinion.

True, but that is pretty much the norm these days and has been for a while. DeSanto did even less than Marinelli did.
That's been the norm for years.

I'm old enough to remember pages and pages of posts about Martinez "not shaking" Cenzo's hand.

Reactions: GALion and garw
Bull shook hands, it was kind of a drive by. It was like the one IMar gave Cenzo in 2017, weak hand touch. It is what it is, I don't think it says anything about Bull's character. Truthfully, I think the kid thought he might have just cost his team the dual there.

I love it whenever these two wrestle. Both matches were decided by a 6 point move, I'm glad Cenzo came out on top this time

What Maryland team did was bush league.
Marinelli's actions were fine. He just lost a war of a match.
There's a saying about losing.
"Show me a kid who likes losing and I'll show you a kid that loses a lot."

I love watching these guys wrestle. The bull is one tough dude and they always put on a show. Can we just agree that both of these guys are a prime example about what is Right with college wrestling? We dwell on all of the things wrong in our sport often enough. I am thankful to have the opportunity to watch both of these young men compete.

I love watching these guys wrestle. The bull is one tough dude and they always put on a show. Can we just agree that both of these guys are a prime example about what is Right with college wrestling? We dwell on all of the things wrong in our sport often enough. I am thankful to have the opportunity to watch both of these young men compete.
This. Who cares? He walked over.

Ok, deleted the MD post. I didn't see the swipe/handshake but if it happened, I was wrong and have no problem admitting so. A handshake, win or lose, should be expected though.

He shook his hand. Just because it wasn't the way you wanted him to do it doesn't mean that it didn't happen
Did you see me admit I was wrong? I know you are not used to seeing that, coming from HR, but it happens from time to time dudeo_O

Reactions: danoftw
Think we may need to back and watch some videos of post match handshakes after disappointing defeats. Pretty interesting viewing.

Did you see me admit I was wrong? I know you are not used to seeing that, coming from HR, but it happens from time to time dudeo_O
I was addressing the masses, not signaling you out. Good for you though dude.

Where's this guy? One of the most knowledgeable fan base dudes that stopped by to let us know how this match would go down.

-Cenzo isn't beating Bull
-Cenzo has never beaten Bull. Why would that change now?
And be objective, please
-NEVER in college. Bull lives rent free in Cenzo's head. He knows he'll end up on his back again if he gets aggressive with Marinelli.

Reactions: diggerpup
Where's this guy? One of the most knowledgeable fan base dudes that stopped by to let us know how this match would go down.

-Cenzo isn't beating Bull
-Cenzo has never beaten Bull. Why would that change now?
And be objective, please
-NEVER in college. Bull lives rent free in Cenzo's head. He knows he'll end up on his back again if he gets aggressive with Marinelli.

I think that he is hanging out with the guys that were saying Kemerer had no chance against Hall trying to figure out why speaking in absolutes about future matches is a bad idea....

I predicted a Cenzo win and he got it done. Marinelli is very tough. Though Cenzo got the 6 point move that time, it did seem as though Marinelli had a slight advantage in some of those upper body tie ups.
Love to see Cenzo hit him with a big blast double next time. He scored on that in their first match and White took him down with ease this year with that as well.
It will be a war every time these two meet.

Reactions: danoftw
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT