ADVERTISEMENT

Bueller? Bueller? Anyone.....

john4psu

Sep 7, 2003
bueller.jpg

Has anyone seen or heard from all those Chambers haters? They seem to be missing and very silent today.

Reactions: francofan
I think the "haters" still aren't fully sold. His job's not done yet. He has to make the NCAAs this year IMO. Last night's game was a great win and even "critics" (not haters) of Chambers are going to give him credit when the team does well. Finish strong and do well in the B1G then you'll see the critics back off completely...at least until next season :)

Reactions: psu00
Definitely not a "hater", but I would consider myself a "doubter". I already ate some humble pie on another thread and will do it again here on this thread. I never thought PC could get this team to play like it did last night. It is probably because the PSU hoops program has disappointed every time there is an upturn one season. But as someone else pointed out in a previous thread, those "upturns" were always a senior-dominated team and a big letdown the following season. What makes this season so different is there is only one senior starter and (provided the rest all stay) a very bright outlook for next year.

They are definitely peaking at the right time and could actually pull off an upset against Purdue. Hard to doubt this team after last night!

They seem to have gone the way of those cheering on the certain coming market crash. When those types are proving to be wrong, they usually don't come forward unless there is another down day. There is an agenda they are pushing. Right now Chambers' stock is up. Not a peep from the Dave Joneses of the board.

bueller.jpg

Has anyone seen or heard from all those Chambers haters? They seem to be missing and very silent today.
Hibernating. First loss will wake them and they will be as ravaging as ever. Will predict six more years of basketball winter.

Not I. He met my hurdle. Get to .500 in the league. Clinched that. But this team sure has a chance to do something special now. Carpe diem.
You have to just be impressed at the level they are playing at right now. Total team effort and they are getting solid minutes off the bench with some great defensive work there. Purdue at home will be favored and rightfully so, but would it really be a shock to see this team go toe to tow with them and maybe steal a game there?

Last edited:
Definitely not a "hater", but I would consider myself a "doubter". I already ate some humble pie on another thread and will do it again here on this thread. I never thought PC could get this team to play like it did last night. It is probably because the PSU hoops program has disappointed every time there is an upturn one season. But as someone else pointed out in a previous thread, those "upturns" were always a senior-dominated team and a big letdown the following season. What makes this season so different is there is only one senior starter and (provided the rest all stay) a very bright outlook for next year.

They are definitely peaking at the right time and could actually pull off an upset against Purdue. Hard to doubt this team after last night!

That’s where I fall. However, I love how they’ve turned it around. It’s great to see.

You have to just be impressed at the level they are playing at right now. Total team effort and they are getting solid minutes off the bench with some great defensive work there. Purdue at home will be favored and rightfully so, but would it really be a shock to see this team go toe to tow with them and maybe steel a game there?
I won't be shocked at all. In fact, I'm sure the team will go in there determined and expecting to win. And I think their chances are good.

Will be interesting Sunday with PSU coming off a truly impressive game AND Purdue coming in on a three game losing streak.

VERY interesting.

Happy that they are playing well now, but look at Pat's Big Ten record. What is it, 35 wins to 85 losses, something like that? He's put together maybe the best talent in that starting lineup PSU has ever had. When that group leaves, does he have similar talent in the pipeline to replace them? The bench hasn't done much. I also look at the lack of execution offensively at the end of games. It's terrible, consistently. They pass pointlessly around the outside of the key and then let someone go one on one where they get a bad shot. That has been going on for YEARS.

So yes, they are a good team this year with this group. Is it repeatable, or is this his peak? Unless he is recruiting at a similar talent level to replace these guys when they leave, I would guess it is the latter.

Happy that they are playing well now, but look at Pat's Big Ten record. What is it, 35 wins to 85 losses, something like that? He's put together maybe the best talent in that starting lineup PSU has ever had. When that group leaves, does he have similar talent in the pipeline to replace them? The bench hasn't done much. I also look at the lack of execution offensively at the end of games. It's terrible, consistently. They pass pointlessly around the outside of the key and then let someone go one on one where they get a bad shot. That has been going on for YEARS.

So yes, they are a good team this year with this group. Is it repeatable, or is this his peak? Unless he is recruiting at a similar talent level to replace these guys when they leave, I would guess it is the latter.
Wondered the same thing myself, but runs like this team are on makes recruiting LOTS easier.

Wondered the same thing myself, but runs like this team are on makes recruiting LOTS easier.
Yeah, in order to tap into Philly you not only need to get a few kids there, but you also need to show some success there. If he can win 3-4 more games between now and the BT tournament, they may sneak in and surprise teams. He may not build that solid top 10-20 program that is there year in and year out, but if it is a reloading every 2-3 years....it is still better than what the past has been. He's a likable guy so he's kind of hard to hate on.

Won't be shocked at all if we win. We played like grown men last night and looked the part of a very good basketball team.
Looking forward to seeing if they can play ferocious defense consistently. They look like they CAN compete with just about anyone but WILL they...

ADVERTISEMENT