ADVERTISEMENT

Bucket list

Ahh, I threw many marshmallows but I never rushed the field, not sure exactly why…. I do remember one game where they had police circle the goalpost to keep them from being pulled down. One guy jumped up and grabbed the crossbeam, the police pulled him, effectively pulling down the goalpost!
A guy on our floor had a piece of the Nebraska game post.

I was a student for the 81 through 85 seasons. I know I also saw @Cowbell Man in suit, and probablypassed him over my head a few times.
My parents seats were in SK row 16, so pretty close to the student section. as an elementary school kid watching those marshmallow fights and the other things I saw, as an impressionable child went a long way in my decision to apply to PSU when the time came.

in 82' I was pretty young to remember much other than some big moments that my parents repeatedly tell but by 86 I remember it all. it was an awesome time to be a fan. My parents didnt have much money at the time. My dad actually worked a second job just to be able to get tickets each season. So every game was like a vacation to my parents. Breakfast at the Rock Oak on rt 45, tail greating with our family and friends, throwing football with my cousins, watching the buses roll up the hill, checking out all the drunk college girls doing bizzare things, passing the lion up the stands and the winning was glorious.....it was just so much f**

Maybe with the dawgs breaking their 40yr drought we are finally in line with the football gods to give us another shot.

My parents seats were in SK row 16, so pretty close to the student section. as an elementary school kid watching those marshmallow fights and the other things I saw, as an impressionable child went a long way in my decision to apply to PSU when the time came.

in 82' I was pretty young to remember much other than some big moments that my parents repeatedly tell but by 86 I remember it all. it was an awesome time to be a fan. My parents didnt have much money at the time. My dad actually worked a second job just to be able to get tickets each season. So every game was like a vacation to my parents. Breakfast at the Rock Oak on rt 45, tail greating with our family and friends, throwing football with my cousins, watching the buses roll up the hill, checking out all the drunk college girls doing bizzare things, passing the lion up the stands and the winning was glorious.....it was just so much f**

Maybe with the dawgs breaking their 40yr drought we are finally in line with the football gods to give us another shot.
Friends and I were talking football recently. My comment was 1994 should be the PSU standard, not ancient history. Sadly, I believe it will remain ancient history for quite some time to come.

Friends and I were talking football recently. My comment was 1994 should be the PSU standard, not ancient history. Sadly, I believe it will remain ancient history for quite some time to come.

The SEC cares way more about college football than the rest of the nation. I doubt any of our guys in the trenches start for either team last night. Maybe PJ?

The SEC cares way more about college football than the rest of the nation. I doubt any of our guys in the trenches start for either team last night. Maybe PJ?
Just like Cael and PSU wrestling. Alabama, Georgia and LSU successfully recruit alot of very talented HS kids. They also do more (develop) with them once they get them.
Ohio State with Urban at the helm recruited and developed kids as well as any SEC team.

Hell, PSU has put multiple offensive linemen in the NFL during Franklin's tenure. PSU's offensive line play every single year sucks.
It would be nice if PSU got as many top 300 kids as Bama, Georgia, LSU, but I doubt very much they would develop them to the same degree even if they did.

Nice! I was also in SK in the 80’s, right behind you in row 21. Children’s seats back then, only $6.00 each, lol. We used to sell a few hundred programs beforehand for some spending money, then re-enter after the game with our footballs, hop the railing and throw TD’s / kick field goals. Would be 25 kids on the field after each game with the state troopers making sure none of us did anything dumb. Times sure have changed since then! 😂

I lived on the 6th floor in Beaver.

Obligatory:

CommonDefensiveIrukandjijellyfish-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: 82bordeaux
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT