ADVERTISEMENT

Bucco bats finally coming alive to take the lead. 5 Runs in the 5th

Now Cole needs to pitch like Cole.....
I was at a picnic yesterday and talked to a true Cardinal fan. He just moved here from St. Louis a month ago because of a job situation. He was very gracious and we talked baseball for about an hour. He has tickets for the entire 4 game set coming up. He loves the Cards, but thinks the Pirates are every bit their equal and believes the Division race will go down to the last 2 weeks. It was refreshing to meet a Cardinal fan who showed no signs of arrogance.

What happened to Starling? I live in Tennessee and seldom get to see Pirate games

What happened to Starling? I live in Tennessee and seldom get to see Pirate games
Looks likes he may have pulled an oblique or something during a swing. Stayed in for a couple of more swings and then took himself out during the AB. Didn't look serious, but those things you need to be careful with.

Reactions: fairgambit
Now Cole needs to pitch like Cole.....
Good to see Cole finish strong through 7 thus far, as he has not been on his 'A' game the past few outings. Can't have your best stuff every time and you've got to work your way through it. AJ Burnett does a great job of laboring through extended outings when he doesn't have his best stuff, but of course he is a true veteran ML pitcher. Cole has a great shot at picking up a ML leading 12th victory, assuming the bullpen does its job and closes this one out.

Reactions: fairgambit
Gotta say Greg, this one was looking bleak. Good to see the big guys coming through. Hope Marte is OK.

Me too. I think Marte may be the Pirates most underrated player. He is so good in left field which is really important at PNC Park. He drives me batty with all of the k's, but the Pirates can't afford to have him out for an extended period of time.

ADVERTISEMENT