ADVERTISEMENT

BTW, binge watched "Barry" while sick Friday night

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
the first episodes are LOL funny. It gets dark toward the end. But if you like Bill Hader, playing a kind of "Get Shorty" role its pretty good. Hader plays a hit man that happens into an acting class and discovers the real him after feeling disconnected in his career as a hitman. Henry Winkler won an Emmy for his role as Barry's acting coach.

Its on HBO.

giphy.gif

the first episodes are LOL funny. It gets dark toward the end. But if you like Bill Hader, playing a kind of "Get Shorty" role its pretty good. Hader plays a hit man that happens into an acting class and discovers the real him after feeling disconnected in his career as a hitman. Henry Winkler won an Emmy for his role as Barry's acting coach.

Its on HBO.

giphy.gif

Hader also won an emmy

it is a great series, Stephen Root and Anthony Carrigan are also phenomenal

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Anyone watching 'The Romanoffs'? I watched the first two episodes and mostly really like it. It's a true anthology series, so every episode is self-contained, and I believe this is the first Amazon Prime original series to have episodes released weekly (which makes sense, given the show's structure). The first two episodes are available and wildly different. Everything is gorgeously shot and the actors are fantastic, but the episodes could probably stand to lose 15 minutes or so each (they're about 80 minutes or so). Worth mentioning in episode two, Corey Stoll plays a 'college adviser' type who has about a dozen college pennants hanging in his office. One of them is Penn State.

Anyone watch any of this? Thoughts? For me, seeing Kerry Bishe in *anything* is worthwhile...

43212cb38faf791a46c431eaa8e597c9.jpg

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
Anyone watching 'The Romanoffs'? I watched the first two episodes and mostly really like it. It's a true anthology series, so every episode is self-contained, and I believe this is the first Amazon Prime original series to have episodes released weekly (which makes sense, given the show's structure). The first two episodes are available and wildly different. Everything is gorgeously shot and the actors are fantastic, but the episodes could probably stand to lose 15 minutes or so each (they're about 80 minutes or so). Worth mentioning in episode two, Corey Stoll plays a 'college adviser' type who has about a dozen college pennants hanging in his office. One of them is Penn State.

Anyone watch any of this? Thoughts? For me, seeing Kerry Bishe in *anything* is worthwhile...
on my radar, and looking forward to episodes with Christina Hendricks and Amanda Peet - and to a lesser extent, Diane Lane :)

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT