ADVERTISEMENT

BTN ran PSU-Iowa 2019 game

blion72

Jan 1, 2010
I totally did not recall anything about this game. PSU 2019 was one great team. If SC does not get hurt and the Minny game is not taken from us with bs OPI call, it would have been an interesting game v tOSU. we might have gotten into the playoff even with loss in CBus. this was helluva team. refs did their best to keep this game close. one series we had 3 TDs all called back then got FG.

for any of you who are wondering about the condition of Noah Cain, watch this game and compare to last Sat game. not even close - Noah may not even be 50% of what he was in 2019. he ripped a first down at the end of the game to run out the clock and Iowa knew he was getting it 3 straight play. i forgot how good he was along with Journey. WR and TE were total package. 2019 defense was not playing at the current DEF level, but the pass rush from the front in 2019 looked better than our current version.

had the 2020 season not been screwed by COVID and all the players continued in full health, 2020 might have been a championship run.

You are 100% correct about Cain. He is nowhere close to what he was that game.
yes, it was shocking, and I forgot just how good Noah was. I can see why coach who remembers that is going to be loyal and try to bring them back. I thought I saw some life in Wisconsin game, but not looking back close to his former self. Too bad as this guy was amazing. Whatever happened to him must be much worse than anyone realized.

ADVERTISEMENT