ADVERTISEMENT

BTN plus

Psugo823

Aug 17, 2021
How do I get the first rounds of the Big 10 tournament? Do they have the option to pick which mat numbers? Which service do I buy? Thx in advance

I interpret this as BTN and FoxSports App providing coverage of live “key” matches in every session but if you want to be certain to not miss a specific match, you need BTN+ which will provide mat specific streaming.

I could be wrong with this interpretation.

Last edited:

I interpret this as BTN and FoxSports App proving coverage of live “key” matches in every session but if you want to be certain to not miss a specific match, you need BTN+ which will provide mat specific streaming.

I could be wrong with this interpretation.
You are correct.

In the past I’ve signed up for BTN for wrestling season and cancelled in March. Select Penn State as your school and uncheck recurring automatic payment. A bit of a pain but at least you won’t forget and end up paying all year when you watch it only for a few months. You will have access to all mats if things have not changed.

In the past I’ve signed up for BTN for wrestling season and cancelled in March. Select Penn State as your school and uncheck recurring automatic payment. A bit of a pain but at least you won’t forget and end up paying all year when you watch it only for a few months. You will have access to all mats if things have not changed.
BTN PLUS

Ditto here

agree, but it all depends on how hardcore you are. if only for a specific sport, the best option is to take a month. however, there are many other sports i like to follow. watched hockey last night. followed a both men's & women's soccer in the fall. now enjoying both lax teams. even watch the occasional bb or sb teams. it's $14.95 a month.

Reactions: hlstone
For what it's worth, I also found out last year it was easier to unsubscribe from my phone than my computer.

Thanks for the tip. That's exactly what happened to me. I totally forgot about cancelling last year. Well, at least I didn't have to bother signing up for this year. But I'll try your remember this year to cancel, and use your method next year.

I believe if you subscribe using PayPal you'll get an email from BTN+ saying your subscription has expired after each month and you have to re-authorize PayPal to continue your subscription. Eliminates having to cancel if that's what you plan to do after the season.

And before the ? gets asked .. for yrs now, you dont need an all-team pass to watch BIGs, just a team pass.

Unless it gets changed this yr of course, which I doubt.

My wife (Yes I am a blessed and lucky man) was asking if we needed anything additional to get the big ten championships and the NCAA's. She as much or more the wrestling fan than I am. Her bucket list is to take her to an NCAA all sessions. Teacher so she will have to wait until retirement to go.

Thanks for the information. I think with Bigten + we are good for this go round. Might need ESPN or ESPN U for the NCAA.

My wife (Yes I am a blessed and lucky man) was asking if we needed anything additional to get the big ten championships and the NCAA's. She as much or more the wrestling fan than I am. Her bucket list is to take her to an NCAA all sessions. Teacher so she will have to wait until retirement to go.

Thanks for the information. I think with Bigten + we are good for this go round. Might need ESPN or ESPN U for the NCAA.
You'll need ESPN and ESPNU for NCAAs.

12pm Thursday: ESPNU
7pm Thursday: ESPN
8:30pm Thursday: ESPNU (replay?)
2am Friday: ESPNU (replay, obviously)
11am Friday: ESPNU
8pm Friday: ESPN
6am Saturday: ESPNU (duh)
11am Saturday: ESPNU
7pm Saturday: ESPN

she needs to teach remotely and teach the sport of wrestling. Get a club seat somewhere and let her broadcast from the arena.... grow the sport! :)

And before the ? gets asked .. for yrs now, you dont need an all-team pass to watch BIGs, just a team pass.

Unless it gets changed this yr of course, which I doubt.
Well I have a BTN+ subscription for just Penn State. When I look at the schedule for Saturday, it shows that I need to subscribe to see any of the Wrestling feeds. Guess we will find out for sure Saturday.

she needs to teach remotely and teach the sport of wrestling. Get a club seat somewhere and let her broadcast from the arena.... grow the sport! :)
She goes from sweet mom and grandma to screaming fan at the wrestling matches. We only get big10+ and wrestling. Were going to get only Penn State but she wanted to follow all the teams. Date night means dinner, crochet bag and a competitive dual.

Pretty familiar with all this stuff being a Husker fan where there are not so many high profile matches.

Big 10 tournament. They will advertise having quad box coverage on BTN. I wouldn't be very confident it will be used often enough to ensure you are seeing the matches you want to see. As others have suggested, buy a month membership. Unless there is baseball game or something you want to watch, might as well wait until the weekend. Remember to cancel if you don't want to keep it for baseball etc. In the past it has allowed me to open up a window for each mat and make my own quad box on my computer to then stream on big screen.

NCAA tournament is again on the ESPN family of networks. To stream by mat, it has recently been on ESPN3 but haven't been able to confirm that is the case this year but would be shocked if it is not either on ESPN3 or ESPN+. ESPN3 is free streaming service if you have an ESPN subscription through cable, satty service etc. ESPN+ would require a subscription(should be able to get a free trial if haven't done it before). Again you should be able to have a window open with each mat and then pull up the specific match you want at all times. A bit more challenging with 8 mats. If you have Flo you might see them advertising the ability to watch the NCAA tourney. I believe it is misleading though and will only be able to watch the match after it is archived, which is at some point shortly after the match is over.

Well I have a BTN+ subscription for just Penn State. When I look at the schedule for Saturday, it shows that I need to subscribe to see any of the Wrestling feeds. Guess we will find out for sure Saturday.
Where do you see that because I have team pass and I don't see it.

Is there a way to watch a session later when you can't watch it live. Does btn+ archive it and if so how do I
find it? If they don't archive it is there a way to record it either on the computer or the tv?

Is there a way to watch a session later when you can't watch it live. Does btn+ archive it and if so how do I
find it? If they don't archive it is there a way to record it either on the computer or the tv?
Yes they archive.
On my TV, I click over to the left side of the screen and go to the calendar.

Yes you can watch later. There is an option somewhere to not show scores for events on the site. I woukd recommend taking advantage of that. Might not be a big deal for wrestling, but other sports it is nice feature so don’t get “spoilers”

As far as mag assignments they have done a pretty good job of listing upcoming matches on all mats in each individual match feeds in the past which is preferred IMO so you don’t have to have track hub up which will likely run 30 seconds to a minute ahead of the btn+ mat feeds.

Hi - Watched wrestling all day long....now tonight I can't access....says I have to subscribe. Anyone else having problems getting in? I was able to access mat 2....not mat 1.

Hi - Watched wrestling all day long....now tonight I can't access....says I have to subscribe. Anyone else having problems getting in? I was able to access mat 2....not mat 1.
I had same problem went completely out the app and then back in, now I have all screens

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT