ADVERTISEMENT

Bruce Heim speaks

A big bunch of the jackasses on TSM BOD were the same jackasses on the PSU BOT. Basically they used University money to get their posteriors indemnified against malfeasance on their moonlight job.

I am surprised a plaintiff's attorney hasn't told PSU to get bent and sued TSM anyway. I would then argue that the no-sue clause is unenforceable.

I'm pretty sure one of them is indeed doing that. Or he was, if he hasn't quietly settled. Victim 8, I think? I can't remember.

Absolutely.
The only question....and it has been the only question for quite some time...is - WHY?

What is this "thing" that is so harmful to them that they would go to such incredible lengths to concoct and perpetuate this smokescreen?

When/if we get to that....and I don't know who - outside of a Federal Investigation that digs deeply enough to start to expose some of the criminal malfeasance - gets us to that point.

The Corman debacle, the Freeh File battle, the Paterno Suit....they may all be able to move us "baby steps" closer.....and every step is worth taking.....but none of them, by themselves, get us anywhere near the real truth......IMHO
My non-expert opinion suspects Aoshiro is close to the motive.
  • Members of the Penn State Board of Trustees all enjoy indemnification protection rights.
  • Pretty sure members of The Second Mile's Board of Directors are NOT indemnified from such legal liabilities.
Therefore, it would be reasonable to conclude that everyone associated with The Second Mile would be extremely motivated to reach settlements as quickly as possible. Everyone's vulnerable until the claimants sign on the dotted line, effectively forfeiting their right to pursue damages from TSM.

Might even compel someone to say, "And I don't care if they ARE exonerated!"

I am thinking that this Heim think could be even more insidious than we have contemplated over the last day.

I don't know why anybody would want to, but what if the aim is to demoralize the student section of our fan base?

I am thinking that this Heim think could be even more insidious than we have contemplated over the last day.

I don't know why anybody would want to, but what if the aim is to demoralize the student section of our fan base?
Just one guys opinion:

I think your first sentence is NUTS ON

I don't think it has anything to do with the second sentence

Just one idiot's opinion :)

The old adage, "better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" applies to Heim in this case.
He's obviously suffering from PTSD incurred during his deployment in "Nam. Bruce should have received a purple heart along with his bronze star.

Yep. I haven't heard a legit reason yet why PSU would give 2 seconds of thought to making sure the Second Mile was not sued. That clause alone is highly suspicious of alterior motives here (unless someone can give me a serious reason why PSU would go out of their way to protect the SM and its BoT).

You would think it would be worthy of questioning by one member of the mainstream media. Seriously. Simple question - what is the rationale behind such a request?

It is insanity to put this guy on the 50 yard line and honor him. Unbelievable! PSU can be grateful the rain will keep the attendance down. To bad we can't have a biblical stoning tomorrow. The guy deserves it!

If the second mile did nothing wrong, why did they close shop, and funnel all money and operations to Bush led arrow ministries?

Actually, the insurance claims posted on framingpaterno.com are from The Second Mile's insurer. They are reimbursing PSU in some manner.

The website that the pages were pulled from is a master database of claims filed to help prevent insurance fraud -

From the little info provided from those webpage print outs I couldn't see where any money was paid out. Couldn't it just mean that an initial report or claim was made but not necessarily anything paid out?

Reactions: 91Joe95
I
If the second mile did nothing wrong, why did they close shop, and funnel all money and operations to Bush led arrow ministries?

Political donations were funneled through the second mile, as tax deductible contributions, in return for political favors back to individuals, companies and the second mile..Follow the money and you will find what is still being hidden!

Nobody in the Second Mile had any inkling that he had done anything wrong,” he said. “If you don’t believe it then why hasn’t there been one charge brought against the Second Mile? They have been investigated just as deeply and as vigorously as Penn State was.”

WTF!!!!! Did I miss something here? Can someone please tell me when the 2M was VIGOROUSLY investigated. I must have been sleeping that year....

Just one guys opinion:

I think your first sentence is NUTS ON

I don't think it has anything to do with the second sentence

Just one idiot's opinion :)

I think it is funny that the Alumni voted in McCombie as if he were outside the "Old Guard" Bot - I guess not too many realized he was close friends with Heim and TSM. The alumni were hornswoggled once again

Here's hoping Brucie reads the McCandrew forum....He should bring his BFF Louie D. out with him for the coin toss..

The second mile funneled political contributions that were accepted as tax deductiblecharity donations , in exchange for political favors to individuals, corporations and the Second Mile itself. Follow the money and you will discover what is still being hidden to protect the Power of this State!

"Mr. Heim said the complaints about the coin toss angered and surprised him ... ."

The # 2 guy at the Second Mile, the charity Mr. Sandusky used to source victims, was ANGERED & SURPRISED that someone would have the audacity to question his inclusion in an honorary event at Beaver Stadium, the home of Penn State Football.

Let that sink in a minute.

Here's what I think.

Sandusky is guilty.
The Second Mile was his victim factory and that is 100% the fault of Jack Raykovitz, Katherine Genovese, Bruce Heim, and Bob Poole - NOT PENN STATE.

Does that clear it up for you, moron?

I'm not saying the guy is a good guy and that PSU is to blame. Just that what he said is the same thing Ziggy the Garbage Collector and his fans are saying. And they are hypocrites for criticizing him.

"Mr. Heim said the complaints about the coin toss angered and surprised him ... ."

The # 2 guy at the Second Mile, the charity Mr. Sandusky used to source victims, was ANGERED & SURPRISED that someone would have the audacity to question his inclusion in an honorary event at Beaver Stadium, the home of Penn State Football.

Let that sink in a minute.
He'll REALLY be angered and surprised by his reception tomorrow.

These people really are in their own little hermetically-sealed bubble.

money250707AP_468x338.jpg

"Second Mile Storage Facility Raided." Somehow this room escaped the shredder.

"In fact, one spokesman wondered why questions were raised about Mr. Heim’s selection in the first place.

'I’m not sure anybody shared the concerns of the folks that were out there,' said Mike DiRaimo, Penn State’s vice president of governmental affairs who also chairs Penn State’s Military Appreciation Day Committee.
'I’m just not aware of it. It was not an issue.'"

jck.gif

That is a crazy double standard. It seems anyone who says, "I didn't know Sandusky was a pedophile" is given a pass except C/S/S and Joe who all had to have known. The public mob is always looking for someone to blame whether it's justified or not.

They're honoring this guy in the stadium that Paterno built -- and where Joe's name is not even permitted to be spoken.

I was just going to post that quote. That is the evil brilliance, the insidiousness of the "false narrative".

Bruce (and the others) get to claim that they were investigated...NOT TRUE. He was interviewed and he was questioned under oath but by and large the Second Mile was never investigated.

PSU business insiders, Politicians, celebrities, BoT members, friends and family get to proclaim their innocence, express a false remorse, settle a few personal scores with Joe and most importantly...keep their own fortunes.

Keeping your own fortune is one of the most basic tenants of the wealthy: Never gamble with your own money. Meanwhile, PSU supporters and alumni, PA tax payers and students pick up the tab for lawsuits that should be directed to the Second Mile, the Second Mile Board Members, Gov Child Welfare agencies and PA investigators.

Of course, the only reason Heim and the others get to continue to proclaim their innocence is because of the stalled, drawn out, blocked lawsuits and trials. The public is starving for complete information....THAT IS WHY PSU, FREEH, and PA Gov continue to obfuscate and fight transparency because when it is gone so will the false narrative.

Bruce, your turn in the barrel is coming as soon as transparency is brought to bare.

The point where you say "never gamble with your own money..." rings so true and reminded me of the movie Braveheart. Where Robert the Bruce father tells him to lie and you will become king and acquire more land and power... just like all these jerks the old guard on the BOT... save their own fortunes and money and hides and sell/lie about Joe (William Wallace) down the river to Longshanks (the press/public)

He'll REALLY be angered and surprised by his reception tomorrow.

These people really are in their own little hermetically-sealed bubble.
While I agree that this ass clown needs a good public flogging, keep in mind how poorly it will play with a national audience when "those Penn Staters" are seen booing an honored army veteran. Perhaps this is what our esteemed board wants - to make our "cultists" look bad to the outside world so that they can be seen as the community's moral compass and further solidify their power.

While I agree that this ass clown needs a good public flogging, keep in mind how poorly it will play with a national audience when "those Penn Staters" are seen booing an honored army veteran. Perhaps this is what our esteemed board wants - to make our "cultists" look bad to the outside world so that they can be seen as the community's moral compass and further solidify their power.

Whaaaaat!?!? The fans were just shouting "Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuce! ;)

Let me get this straight.

1.) McQueary reports a possible inappropriate incident concerning Sandusky and a minor that happened the night before in the locker room to Joe.

2.) Joe reports the inappropriate incident to Curley.

3.) Curley reports the inappropriate incident to Mandated Reporter, Licensed Child Psychologist, and Sandusky's employer, Jack Raykovitz and the Second Mile, who's charity is monitored and overseen by the Pennsylvania State Attorney General's Office.

4.) Instead of reporting it up the chain of command (CYS, Law Enforcement, etc) like he is "mandated" to do, he reports it to Bruce Heim.

5.) Heim says he sees children showering with Sandusky all the time, and to keep it quiet.

6.) Raykovitz hushes it up, and merely tells Sandusky to wear swim trunks the next time he showers with kids.

7.) Joe Paterno, who initiated and escalated McQueary's report up the chain of command is fired in disgrace for it, and loathed and despised by everyone in the Universe.

8.) Bruce Heim, one of Sandusky's best friends, who ultimately made the decision to hush up Joe's report, is given the honor to toss the coin at Penn State's football game against the United States Military Academy.

Do I have that right?

By the way. When the Second Mile was investigated, did Bruce ever tell the investigators how to locate that sex videotape of "Sandusky having sex with a boy" he said is out there? Funny how Bruce seems to be the only one that knows about it.

Let me get this straight.

1.) McQueary reports a possible inappropriate incident concerning Sandusky and a minor that happened the night before in the locker room to Joe.

2.) Joe reports the inappropriate incident to Curley.

3.) Curley reports the inappropriate incident to Mandated Reporter, Licensed Child Psychologist, and Sandusky's employer, Jack Raykovitz and the Second Mile, who's charity is monitored and overseen by the Pennsylvania State Attorney General's Office.

4.) Instead of reporting it up the chain of command (CYS, Law Enforcement, etc) like he is "mandated" to do, he reports it to Bruce Heim.

5.) Heim says he sees children showering with Sandusky all the time, and to keep it quiet.

6.) Raykovitz hushes it up, and merely tells Sandusky to wear swim trunks the next time he showers with kids.

7.) Joe Paterno, who initiated and escalated McQueary's report up the chain of command is fired in disgrace for it, and loathed and despised by everyone in the Universe.

8.) Bruce Heim, one of Sandusky's best friends, who ultimately made the decision to hush up Joe's report, is given the honor to toss the coin at Penn State's football game against the United States Military Academy.

Do I have that right?

By the way. When the Second Mile was investigated, did Bruce ever tell the investigators how to locate that sex videotape of "Sandusky having sex with a boy" he said is out there? Funny how Bruce seems to be the only one that knows about it.

You forgot how after PSU told Sandusky to stop bringing kids on campus that Bruce stepped up and gave Sandusky access to his hotel pools for Sandusky to use with his kids.

Do you really think the PSU elitist really care what any of us think?
IDK.

Whether they do or whether they do not.......would it be righteous to expend all reasonable efforts to raise awareness of malfeasance? Even if very few ears are listening, is it better to voice concerns - or to simply "bend over" and remain mute?

Largely through places like this Board and other "social media" sites.....sharing information among Penn Staters.....we saw - over a less than 24 hour period - the Heim/McCombie issue go from completely undiscovered, to an article published in the Post-Gazette on the topic.
Might that have a positive impact? IDK.....but I do know the chances for a positive impact are much greater WITH the article being published than they would be without.

It ain't even Saturday yet.......who knows if we may see even more positive results by then :)

Last edited:
Ms. Snyder's article states "Mr. Heim said Thursday he advised former Second Mile director Jack Raykovitz not to alert fellow board members when he was informed by former Penn State athletic director Tim Curley that Sandusky was seen in a shower with a child. Mr. Heim said Mr. Raykovitz told him Penn State looked into the matter and determined nothing inappropriate happened in the shower. 'Jerry in my presence, in the presence of coaches, in the presence of the football team on several occasions had gone in and showered with kids' Mr. Heim said. 'I said every day at the YMCA men shower with kids'".

If Mr. Heim is correct, then it is patently obvious that Raykovitz, who had to be aware of the police and DPW investigation in 1998; (1) was fully notified about the 2001 incident; and (2) didn't do a DAMN THING to protect TSM kids. What kind of "thorough" investigation were you and/or subjected to "Mr. Heim"? This is outrageous beyond belief!

Angered, was he? HAHAHA! Wait until they boo him off the field. Army better get on this--it is about to be a hard thing for THEM to explain. Pretty sure he is a booster of Army's FB team, too
I have spent enough time worrying aut what the national audience thinks.

BTW - anyone hear what Lubrano or Scott Paterno thinks of all of the Heim buzzzzzzz - two people who always seem to have strong opinions don't seem to want to mention Heim..........................

IDK.

Whether they do or whether they do not.......would it be righteous to expend all reasonable efforts to raise awareness of malfeasance? Even if very few ears are listening, is it better to voice concerns - or to simply "bend over" and remain mute?

Largely through places like this Board and other "social media" sites.....sharing information among Penn Staters.....we saw - over a less than 24 hour period - the Heim/McCombie issue go from completely undiscovered, to an article published in the Post-Gazette on the topic.
Might that have a positive impact? IDK.....but I do know the chances for a positive impact are much greater WITH the article being published than they would be without.

I agree with you 100% but my pt is they do not think we are as smart as them. They know better than the average guy or gal.. we are just steel hunky dummies

the real question is whether PSU changes course with this and tell heim to sit this one out

ADVERTISEMENT