ADVERTISEMENT

Brody Teske leaves Northern Iowa for Iowa

And I went from the College of Engineering to Business. You are correct sir! I was not elite.
giphy.gif
My PSU path also!

Let me see whether I understand this right.

Elite >> Outstanding >> Pretty good.
D1 >= Pretty Good.
Teske == D1

Teske is at least pretty good.

I'd say he's better than "pretty good" - he did win a Conference Championship while at NIU - but that was at 25. Would say very good >> outstanding at the D1 Level. Given that he is stepping up a weight to 133 at Iowa, I'd expect more like "pretty good" at 133 and will have a solid record (i.e., well over 50/50), but just don't see him making a lot of noise at the weight class or threatening an AA finish at Nationals. Again, just my opinion based on what I've seen from him - a very good wrestler no doubt, but has never shown any signs of being able to dominate.... i.e., be at a different level than the other good wrestlers.

Last edited:
My PSU path also!
My freshman year, I started off at Hazleton. The head of the department spoke at a freshman orientation and said "Ladies and Gentlemen, look to your right, now look to your left-in a year, two of you will be gone.

I thought, well see you guys.

And got a degree in Economics from the College of Business (something I hear can't be done anymore),

How I hated those t-shirts than said "got a real major" Penn State Engineering.

Oh well, East Halls was a hell of party place.

Just checked my transcript.

I was ENGR from Fall '80 to Spring 82.

So either Main Campus was different or you were admitted as a provisional student.

Chem 13 was what got me..

Just checked my transcript.

I was ENGR from Fall '80 to Spring 82.

So either Main Campus was different or you were admitted as a provisional student.

Chem 13 was what got me..
It was 81 for me. Maybe we're talking past one another a little. I have no doubt you could be admitted to a campus with an indication of an intended ENGR major or that you could be enrolled in the Colleges of Engineering after successfully completing your freshman year.

Nonetheless, what I recall is consistent with this:

It says Penn State's usual entrance-to-major process sees first-year students admitted to a Penn State college or Division of Undergraduate Studies in pre-major status before matriculating to enrollment in a major once additional program entrance requirements are completed.

So to me it It reads like most are 'provisionally accepted' into their originally intended major. At least for freshman year, ENGR was likely your pre-major status.

It was 81 for me. Maybe we're talking past one another a little. I have no doubt you could be admitted to a campus with an indication of an intended ENGR major or that you could be enrolled in the Colleges of Engineering after successfully completing your freshman year.

It says Penn State's usual entrance-to-major process sees first-year students admitted to a Penn State college or Division of Undergraduate Studies in pre-major status before matriculating to enrollment in a major once additional program entrance requirements are completed.

So to me it It reads like most are 'provisionally accepted' into their originally intended major. At least for freshman year, ENGR was likely your pre-major status.

PSU has always been admission to a college, apply for major in 4th semester. (With some rare exceptions, a very few majors that are admitted up front).

PSU has always been admission to a college, apply for major in 4th semester. (With some rare exceptions, a very few majors that are admitted up front).
In 81 it would have been trimesters, I started fall of 81 and changed to semesters in 83, I believe, right about the time i dropped out of the college of engineering and started a year of undecided until moving towards a ECLBS degress, BS in Econ under the College of Liberal Arts. Physics was my downfall…..

So to me it It reads like most are 'provisionally accepted' into their originally intended major. At least for freshman year, ENGR was likely your pre-major status

In 81 it would have been trimesters, I started fall of 81 and changed to semesters in 83, I believe, right about the time i dropped out of the college of engineering and started a year of undecided until moving towards a ECLBS degress, BS in Econ under the College of Liberal Arts. Physics was my downfall…..

Mine was pinball and general goofing off.

I kind of wish I had half the work ethic I had when I started my MBA (working full time) five years after leaving Happy Valley. I still can't believe I managed to get a C in Film 180. Sleeping through the films in Eisenhower Auditorium might have played a role.

As for trimesters, they worked just fine-especially when the Pitt Game was the finale. Sure loved those "Shi** on Pitt" and "48-14" buttons.

Maybe you just misaligned the circles when filling out the multiple choice final.

My movies were shown in Schwab.
I think you're right on this one. I think there was a "civic" event in Eisenhower (John Anderson/Jesse Jackson) Fall '84 and Schwab was the film place.

As I recall the final just described scenes and gave you choices as to what film it appeared in. One of the films was this circa 1915-1920 day in the life of Russia/Soviet Union and about the only thing was it was sped up to fit 8-12 hours in 1 or so and one of the things the guy filmed was a life birth-and it looked like the kid shot out. I think it was the only film I didn't nap through for whatever reason. I think they showed It's a Wonderful Life (the last adult film member, Harry's wife Ruth just died @ 97) and D. W Griffith's Birth of a Nation. Don't remember much else besides jump cut, iris in and iris out.

Screwing up buildings isn't as bad as seeing a guy's face in your head and having no idea what their name is any more when you lived on the same floor for two years. I remember one guy whose Friday refrain was "I don't know what we're doing this weekend, but I'm pretty sure it involves alcohol".

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT