Brody Teske leaves Northern Iowa for Iowa

androcles

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2003
....has 2 years of eligibility left...
...won Big12 championship in 2021...
...was runner up in 2022...

Last edited:
But I thought only Cael recruited over people?

This seems like an odd choice, not sure Teske at 133 is better than Shriever. Unless the Spencer injury is worse than they thought, but Ayala still proved to be very capable.
word is schriever is banged up again. not sure he's better either, but teske is a nice insurance piece for a guy who has really struggled to stay healthy since high school. also not sure teske was really recruited. wouldn't be surprised if it was a max dean situation.

overall, not a bad idea to give yourself more options at an unproven weight.

Reactions: yekrut321
amy sedaris flirting GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Will Brody's intel add to the girth of the binder?

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

Last edited:
Non issue and makes little sense unless all is not well in Hawkeye land. Hawks are in trouble if they are relying on Teske to deliver big results. Won't happen. RBY will pin him at 133. And if he's going 125 well like I said there is trouble in Iowa City.

Nice pick up and I think Brody will do well at 33. Still not enough firepower even with he and Woods to paper over the cracks at other weights.

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
Teske should be a considerable upgrade over Schriever. I don't think it's close tbh. Schriever scrapped last year but doesn't have notable wins at all. He is younger though so he has room to grow but Teske is the more sure thing.

Teske was a brain lapse away from being Top 6 at least at 125 in 2021, he was up 2-0 to Hildebrandt with like 10 seconds left and don't think he had any stall calls and gave up a takedown then another in SV. Of course, loser of that match was fed to Pat McKee in the blood round.

How he looks at 133? I think pretty good, the 125 cut was probably tough for Teske, it's been said many times. He's not a lock to AA obviously but a much better shot there than Schriever.

....has 2 years of eligibility left...
...won Big12 championship in 2021...
...was runner up in 2022...

Has only gone 2-2 at Nationals the last 2 years at 125. Have a really hard time seeing him making any noise stepping up to 133.

Has only gone 2-2 at Nationals the last 2 years at 125. Have a really hard time seeing him making any noise stepping up to 133.
But! Now he is going to learn to wrestle for the stall call with two energizer minons are sitting in his corner screaming for the stall call.

Reactions: Beezy14
33 is not very deep. If the cut was as bad as it is rumored he could make noise in the right bracket. Then again if he couldnt make the UNI lineup at 133 your point stands.

the other weird thing is his announcement video. that had to take some work by someone. Most guys i know on their 3rd of anything are on the bad side of things....

Reactions: js8793
33 is not very deep. If the cut was as bad as it is rumored he could make noise in the right bracket. Then again if he couldnt make the UNI lineup at 133 your point stands.

the other weird thing is his announcement video. that had to take some work by someone. Most guys i know on their 3rd of anything are on the bad side of things....

Just my opinion, but never been all that impressed with BT. Solid wrestler for sure, but never showed any sign of being elite imho.

Just my opinion, but never been all that impressed with BT. Solid wrestler for sure, but never showed any sign of being elite imho.
You mean no signs of being elite amongst the elite. We forget just how good a D1 wrestler is that can win any matches at the National tourney. They are all pretty elite if they have any D1 success.

You mean no signs of being elite amongst the elite. We forget just how good a D1 wrestler is that can win any matches at the National tourney. They are all pretty elite if they have any D1 success.

Don't really agree with your definition of an elite D1 wrestler - no big deal, we can agree to disagree about that.

They are all outstanding wrestlers but there are only a handful at each weight that are elite imho.

Last edited:
Reactions: lockhavenlion3
Don't really agree with your definition of an elite D1 wrestler - no big deal, we can agree to disagree about that.
I don't think you disagree at all. You initially stated BT wasn't elite. Above you specified Elite D1 wrestler. I think @lookleft goright may agree with you on that. By definition every D! wrestler can't be an elite D1 wrestler. But most D1 wrestlers are elite wrestlers. That's all he was trying to say.

I don't think you disagree at all. You initially stated BT wasn't elite. Above you specified Elite D1 wrestler. I think @lookleft goright may agree with you on that. By definition every D! wrestler can't be an elite D1 wrestler. But most D1 wrestlers are elite wrestlers. That's all he was trying to say.

Yes, but CJF will work tirelessly and endlessly to find a way to twist his own words or someone else’s to continue a semantics argument no one wants. Of that, we can all be sure.

To me, you have to look at it in a context. Sure, all college wrestlers (i.e., D1, D2, and etc.) are elite when comparing to high school wrestlers (not all good enough to wrestle in college). Furthermore, D1 wrestlers are elite when comparing to D2 wrestlers (and etc.). So if we are just sticking to D1 for the argument's sake, that similar distinction was what I believe CJF was trying to make between, for example, Jason Nolf's vs. Abe Assad's of the world.

Reactions: lookleft goright

They are all outstanding wrestlers but there are only a handful at each weight that are elite imho.
I get what you are saying and maybe I was just making a point that did not need to be made. I just have so much respect for all these guys who last 4-5 years in a D1 program and even more for the ones who can win matches at the national tourney.

It is like when I got an engineering degree. If the profs curved all the grades properly, many kids would have been flunking out as Juniors and seniors. But, by that time you were being graded against the best of the best students. The weaker ones had failed out. So kids were not flunking out as juniors or seniors because - technically, they were all elite students.

Hopefully, I did not come off as petty in my earlier comments. It was more of a way of expressing respect and admiration for the D1 kids. Of course, I know the difference between a Jason Nolf or Spencer Lee and Brody Teske or even a Caleb young.

Again, I don't agree all D1 wrestlers are elite. To me, elite suggests "world-class". All D1 wrestlers are outstanding, but only a handful at each weight-class are truly elite.

Reactions: lookleft goright
I get what you are saying and maybe I was just making a point that did not need to be made. I just have so much respect for all these guys who last 4-5 years in a D1 program and even more for the ones who can win matches at the national tourney.

It is like when I got an engineering degree. If the profs curved all the grades properly, many kids would have been flunking out as Juniors and seniors. But, by that time you were being graded against the best of the best students. The weaker ones had failed out. So kids were not flunking out as juniors or seniors because - technically, they were all elite students.

Hopefully, I did not come off as petty in my earlier comments. It was more of a way of expressing respect and admiration for the D1 kids. Of course, I know the difference between a Jason Nolf or Spencer Lee and Brody Teske or even a Caleb young.

I got that - that you were complimenting the skill, talent and hardwork it takes to be a college level wrestler of any kind, let alone a D1 National Qualifier. But some college wrestlers are truly world-class and at a different level than even the "very good" wrestlers at their weight (i.e., "elite" imho). But is a word with a subjective - not an objective - definition, so we're all entitled to our own opinion on the topic (IOW, had no problem with your post - or embedded logic supporting it - whatsoever).

Nice addition to the team. Glad to see he is coming to Iowa City. Let's see if he can kick it up a notch now.

Reactions: Fatmarc
And I went from the College of Engineering to Business. You are correct sir! I was not elite.
giphy.gif

I got that - that you were complimenting the skill, talent and hardwork it takes to be a college level wrestler of any kind, let alone a D1 National Qualifier. But some college wrestlers are truly world-class and at a different level than even the "very good" wrestlers at their weight (i.e., "elite" imho). But is a word with a subjective - not an objective - definition, so we're all entitled to our own opinion on the topic (IOW, had no problem with your post - or embedded logic supporting it - whatsoever).
If you are not careful you are going too get thrown off this board for being reasonable. :) Great chatting with you!!

As an aside, Redneck Yacht Club is a fantastic name for a bar/club/whatever. I don't think we went there during NCAAs, but it sure stands out when you pass it.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT