3. Nazareth
4. Mcort
5. Trinity
6. Bethlehem Catholic
7. Reynolds
8. Chestnut Ridge
9. Cedar Cliff
10. State College
McCruit 4th??? Are these Flo rankings 😀. They have a world champ and world runnerup in their 9th grade class.

It’s on incoming recruits. Those kids were already there. These rankings reflect the talent coming in this year.

JtownSteel- yes make this a sticky thread because in PA there is lots to report on this topic

It’s on incoming recruits. Those kids were already there. These rankings reflect the talent coming in this year.

JtownSteel- yes make this a sticky thread because in PA there is lots to report on this topic
How far down this list is Bishop McDevitt in Harrisburg

#11 unless they grabbed a few late in the recruiting process. Coach Nauman is always high on this list and very good bringing in District 3 talent

So it's Faith Academy with the states recruiting title?
NDGP is making a late push and has some home visits scheduled. Two monster Upper weights that will make an instant impact in AA. Stand by these Rankings will update before the start of the school year.

Has Easton added anyone or are they too broke from paying Billman $251,000 for wrongful termination and discrimination? Thanks

Participation in this thread should require some sort of fee. Proceeds could go towards an annual scholarship to pay tuition for a top wrestler in the state to attend a private school of their choice. Our goal should be to sway power from one program (public) to another (private) and be a major contributor for that programs success. We name it after Brock Bronson of course for no other reason than to piss him off more than he already is. Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw
I like this idea Jtown. Let’s go. Can I be apart of Choosing the winner. Some ideas
Dillard to Bethlehem
Detar to McDevitt
Sidun to Mcort
ONeil to Faith
Bouzakis to State College

Reactions: johnstownsteel
If Desmond ends up at Nazareth and his father has lived in the district for years, is that counting towards the high Nazareth ranking??

• Wow
Reactions: dunkej01
Participation in this thread should require some sort of fee. Proceeds could go towards an annual scholarship to pay tuition for a top wrestler in the state to attend a private school of their choice. Our goal should be to sway power from one program (public) to another (private) and be a major contributor for that programs success. We name it after Brock Bronson of course for no other reason than to piss him off more than he already is. Lol
Are you suggesting a slush fund?

Is this based strictly on boys or are girls included In the recruiting rankings?

These are boys rankings. Most of the schools don’t have girls wrestling. Once that becomes a PIAA sport the recruiting will start

I heard he was going to either ND or Faith. He didn’t think he would start at Faith. There must be a spot opening up

Talks at the last PIAA oversight committee meeting, there will be so more smack downs coming on the schools who are bringing kids in.

I heard he was going to either ND or Faith. He didn’t think he would start at Faith. There must be a spot opening up

Talks at the last PIAA oversight committee meeting, there will be so more smack downs coming on the schools who are bringing kids in.
Not hearing FCA for him either

• Wow
Reactions: dunkej01
Brockbronson great idea, especially with PIAA on the cusp of approving NIL. I will chip in to the scolarship fund!

A few thoughts/questions...

1. McCort is probably a little too low after bringing in other out of state natty champ /Willy top 10 kid over the summer.

2. Cedar Cliff brouggt their big young guns a couple years ago and the are still MS. Are there more this year?

3. I'd bet against Sidun leaving Norwin unless their coach leaves. He's brought a ton of resources and some good kids to that program. I'd double down and say Detar won't ever be at McDevitt either.

4. I think Dillard has been in the Catholic school system for a while. Granted wrestling is surely a big part of that, but should he count for this year?

5. Trinity Western PA or Central? I didn't know about either of those having big guns coming in.

6. If PIAA is going to come after schools, then they need to hit the coaches and admi administrators harder than the kids. Why not a ban at 2 years longer for coaches than athletes and a prohibition from attending PIAA events?

Great insight- 1. Who did Mcort bring in. Who would still go there even with the 2-3 year PIAA ban? This is surprising, however lots of people don’t put as much stock in PIAA, as we all do. Heck more and more seniors are skipping their senior years because it doesn’t matter much.
2. Cedar Cliff is stock piling youngsters. They will be fun in a few years.
3. Norwin has a funnel going with all those resources. Lots of kids are moving there. I agree with you and think he would be nuts to move.
4. Dillard is Redhawk and their whole club went over a few years back. Had zero to do with religion or being Catholic. They all wanted to be on the same team. D11 is the Wild West and doesn’t stop them, so why not.
5. Trinity, out East. Just be on the look out. They are actively working on some good ones.
6. I agree 100%. The schools need hammered hard. The kids don’t have much say. It’s wrestling they shouldn’t be punished. Schools, admin and coaches are the ones who need to pay. PIAA laid down the law with mccort and their recruits seemed to stop abruptly. Varrette bailed and moved out of state. If they do this a few more times, the whole issue will stop.

I was told that McCort brought in a lightweight 2022 Fargo champ. Dad is said to be a good coach as well. Family moved up or at least obtained residency earlier this year.

I think some of the brightest young Cedar Cliff kids may end up going the prep route.

I've heard that Delone Catholic is bringing in a bunch of York/Adams County kids. They might be the up and coming D3 Catholic School in 2-3 years.

Man I wish that we lived in Norwin. RTC at your HS!

I was told that McCort brought in a lightweight 2022 Fargo champ. Dad is said to be a good coach as well. Family moved up or at least obtained residency earlier this year.

I think some of the brightest young Cedar Cliff kids may end up going the prep route.

I've heard that Delone Catholic is bringing in a bunch of York/Adams County kids. They might be the up and coming D3 Catholic School in 2-3 years.

Any basis for your comment on the Cedar Cliff kids going prep?

That's my alma mater from way back in a previous century, so I'd like to see them do well. Historically, Cedar Cliff has had a good program, competes in a good league, has good fan support, and is in a good location for visiting various colleges or training areas (NLWC is about 100 miles away -- not ideal, but some other kids are making long commutes)

As Bob Craig might say to the idea of the best young kids transferring, "Nuts!"

Any basis for your comment on the Cedar Cliff kids going prep?

That's my alma mater from way back in a previous century, so I'd like to see them do well. Historically, Cedar Cliff has had a good program, competes in a good league, has good fan support, and is in a good location for visiting various colleges or training areas (NLWC is about 100 miles away -- not ideal, but some other kids are making long commutes)

As Bob Craig might say to the idea of the best young kids transferring, "Nuts!"
Pretty good source for one. Some of the best young kids aren't local. Moved up to follow a club coach over the past couple years. Nice kids and people but they aren't really tied to the district.

Reactions: royboy

Delone Catholic could be solid. Who is spearheading that charge. It all comes down to the District Chairmen in D3. How is he with Transfers? He could be like The D11 guy & does nothing or like some go all in to play by the rules.

who is the new kid at mccort? Fargo Champ and light weight? Noble? His dad seems like a good coach. This would ruffle some feathers 🪶

Last edited:
Delone Catholic could be solid. Who is spearheading that charge. It all comes down to the District Chairmen in D3. How is he with Transfers? He could be like The D11 guy & does nothing or like some go all in to play by the rules.
I believe that the D3 guy is from Cumberland Valley but am not certain. There have been quite a few transfers out there - notably into Central Dauphin and McDevitt but some others as well. None of those made waves and their were a few big names. Nothing like D11 or McCort/Faith as far as accolades though.

I believe that the D3 guy is from Cumberland Valley but am not certain. There have been quite a few transfers out there - notably into Central Dauphin and McDevitt but some others as well. None of those made waves and their were a few big names. Nothing like D11 or McCort/Faith as far as accolades though.
I heard a Deter kid was looking around. Was told His dad has pull in the team pa circle.
Central Dauphin has gotten and won with transfers since the Courts/Peppelman show.
McDevitt uses the one club as a funnel and surprised they never got called out.

I heard a Deter kid was looking around. Was told His dad has pull in the team pa circle.
Central Dauphin has gotten and won with transfers since the Courts/Peppelman show.
McDevitt uses the one club as a funnel and surprised they never got called out.
Maybe he ends up a FCA then?

CD always seems to get the most out of their home-grown talent as well. Make the PIAA team finals the other year with a lot of part-time wrestlers getting the job done.
Great coach down there.

Maybe he ends up a FCA then?

CD always seems to get the most out of their home-grown talent as well. Make the PIAA team finals the other year with a lot of part-time wrestlers getting the job done.
Great coach down there.
Respect for that coach! I honestly don’t know but were all those CD kids from there? I think they had their fair share of implants. After take downs and falls who wouldn’t want to join their team. Jeff Upson was my favorite CD wrestler of all time. JK he is great for pa wrestling though

Respect for that coach! I honestly don’t know but were all those CD kids from there? I think they had their fair share of implants. After take downs and falls who wouldn’t want to join their team. Jeff Upson was my favorite CD wrestler of all time. JK he is great for pa wrestling though
They definitely had some studs move in at CD, but also coached up their role players really well.

I dont believe Cedar Cliff is recruiting. Honestly, most good athletes from the Harrisburg area are going to move/transfer to Cumberland Valley and Central Dauphin not CC. They have better facilities and are ranked higher educationally. Everyone thinks CC is a big school, but it hasnt been since baby boomers graduated. I'm CC class of 82 and live in the district. As a freshman my class was the smallest class with about 425. When we graduated we were the biggest by a lot. The only reason CC is as big as it is is because they re-drew the boundary line moving a lot of York county kids from RL to CC.

After CC (538 male students) won their division for about 10 straight years they were realigned into the same division as CV 1160, CD 761, Chambersburg 867, State College 936 & Mifflin 634 even tho they are less than 1/2 the size of CV in enrollment. Carlisle 641 moved into CC's old spot. To no surprise CC didn't fare very well (12-8 0-5). If CC and sister school Red Land 445 merged athletics they would still smaller than CV.

Reactions: ChillW
I dont believe Cedar Cliff is recruiting. Honestly, most good athletes from the Harrisburg area are going to move/transfer to Cumberland Valley and Central Dauphin not CC. They have better facilities and are ranked higher educationally. Everyone thinks CC is a big school, but it hasnt been since baby boomers graduated. I'm CC class of 82 and live in the district. As a freshman my class was the smallest class with about 425. When we graduated we were the biggest by a lot. The only reason CC is as big as it is is because they re-drew the boundary line moving a lot of York county kids from RL to CC.

After CC (538 male students) won their division for about 10 straight years they were realigned into the same division as CV 1160, CD 761, Chambersburg 867, State College 936 & Mifflin 634 even tho they are less than 1/2 the size of CV in enrollment. Carlisle 641 moved into CC's old spot. To no surprise CC didn't fare very well (12-8 0-5). If CC and sister school Red Land 445 merged athletics they would still smaller than CV.
You are correct - I don't believe that anyone associated with CC recruited those guys. They moved to be near their personal/club coach. Other than having rented a facility in the area, that coach has no affiliation with the school.

I agree. I hate private schools pretty bad. I don’t think anyone recruits any of the kids.
Parents and wrestlers become friends from dual teams and clubs. They see what it’s like at these better schools with schedule, partners, etc. Wrestling people then make the move. I honestly don’t think any coach actively recruits and begs kids to come.
This issue has been going on for 30 years. Ask Willie when he walked into Easton and saw all the other kids who transferred there the same year.
Sem does have to say a word to anyone. They have a great schedule, like minded wrestlers & families and tough partners,,,,. Who wouldn’t want to go there.
Some great public school attract kids too. They don’t give houses away and pass out fliers.
If you build it, they will come. That goes with anything in life.
My goal and mission if for the PIAA to make two divisions: public & private/public (with more than 2 transfers).

ADVERTISEMENT