ADVERTISEMENT

Bring your glock to game huh?

click bait.

University can disallow it regardless if the state allows it.

Obviously sidearms should only be allowed in all those crazy Big 12 shootouts!

Pistol Pete approves!

220px-Pistol_Pete.svg.png

Ok I will bite.

What would posses a group of lawmakers to think bringing guns into a place like a college sporting event would be a good idea?
They aren't thinking that. They are thinking that someone who has qualified for an "enhanced firearm license" would be OK to carry on public properties. The universities can simply ban them anywhere they want.

click bait.

Ok I will bite.

What would posses a group of lawmakers to think bringing guns into a place like a college sporting event would be a good idea?
I’m sure many of them attended Mississippi State games and decided it would be the only way to get rid of those damn cowbells.

They aren't thinking that. They are thinking that someone who has qualified for an "enhanced firearm license" would be OK to carry on public properties. The universities can simply ban them anywhere they want.

click bait.
Just wondering if that would start a NRA lawsuit

click bait.

They are also changing from a law with several exclusions to a law with no exclusions... which is simplified. (except one obvious one)

That in turn allows the locations themselves to apply their denial.

LdN

Just wondering if that would start a NRA lawsuit
maybe...but there are tons of places where you cannot carry by local law. One of the issues with the VT shooter was that, since it was on campus and nobody was allowed to carry, a nut with a gun was free to shoot and kill as many as he/she wanted. I am not an NRA person or pro-gun guy...but I recognize that there is a valid argument there. Perhaps carrying would lead to even more shooting deaths, IDK.

Reactions: Nittany Security
maybe...but there are tons of places where you cannot carry by local law. One of the issues with the VT shooter was that, since it was on campus and nobody was allowed to carry, a nut with a gun was free to shoot and kill as many as he/she wanted. I am not an NRA person or pro-gun guy...but I recognize that there is a valid argument there. Perhaps carrying would lead to even more shooting deaths, IDK.
Just add alcohol

I have had a permit to carry a concealed firearm for many years. As legislation moves forward, about the only place I can carry a concealed firearm is in my house. What a crock of crap. There are so many laws the counteract the right to bear arms. When I go to the OC for the annual family vacation my family is fair game for criminals to violate because that carry permit disarms me as a result of Maryland law. I go to the court house to renew my carry permit I can't take my gun with me. ETC... The NRA needs to get there head of course out of their _____! The NRA will advocate for higher capacity magazines but stand by as our rights concerning firearms systematically are eroded away.

Reactions: cment
click bait.

University can disallow it regardless if the state allows it.

And it's not like people aren't already bringing guns to games.

Plus, adding to the clickbait factor, the new law doesn't specifically allow for guns in stadiums, but guns on public property, which could include stadiums. And as noted, schools can still ban them.

Reactions: Creek Side
Ok I will bite.

Normalization of firearms - NRA believes a gun carrying society is a safe society (at least that’s what they say). Lawmakers are merely puppets.

Reactions: Nittany Ned2
Rednecks and their guns. o_O I just dont get it.

Well, if you live in town/city or a suburb the cops usually arrive within minutes and you might be OK. If you live in a rural area, or even rural town, it might be an hour before Barney shows up.

Reactions: step.eng69
ADVERTISEMENT