ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting BREAKING: Penn State flips 4-star TE Andrew Rappleyea

CSauertiegPSU

Staff
Oct 9, 2013
The Nittany Lions pick up a commitment from 4-star TE Andrew Rappleyea, who flips his commitment from Michigan.

COMMITMENT STORY

RAPPLEYEA DETAILS DECISION

INSTANT REACTION PODCAST

Last edited by a moderator:
This board is dead. Crickets. No jokes about Franklin flipping a UM commit. Sleepover maybe?? :)

We’re only concerned about the laptop!!

• Sad
Reactions: The Spin Meister
This board is dead. Crickets. No jokes about Franklin flipping a UM commit. Sleepover maybe?? :)

What...no video on a private jet???? The commitment can't be real without a reveal scene.
Maybe James camped out on his front porch a LA Brian Kelly. I actually like how the young man owned his naivete and then (hopefully) closed things down in simple terms.

We have had other big commits with a bunch of rah rah beyond Nordin who ended up flipping...Wingo from Gators being one.

Welcome to PSU Andrew! Good luck!

kq1I0AN.png

100% committed = are you kidding me. In this day and age, they will say anything because they have no commitment. Wake me up on signing day= and even then it doesn’t matter because of the transfer pool and NIL.
Sickening.
You beat me to it. They might as well not use the word "commitment" in stories like this anymore. It needs to be replaced by the words "for now."

100% committed = are you kidding me. In this day and age, they will say anything because they have no commitment. Wake me up on signing day= and even then it doesn’t matter because of the transfer pool and NIL.
Sickening.
I understand the skepticism since we have all been here before. Seen it, done it, Heard that sing song before. And all those cliches.

But in this case it appears to be different. One, he would have to know to be very sure this time or he will become a joke. Took some guts to admit a mistake. And big factor is how he stated his relationship with coaches and players. It has developed over time even while committed to scUM. Should mean a lot.

Hope he stays. If not.......ok. We will be fine either way.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
The Nittany Lions pick up a commitment from 4-star TE Andrew Rappleyea, who flips his commitment from Michigan.

COMMITMENT STORY

RAPPLEYEA DETAILS DECISION

INSTANT REACTION PODCAST
Stars are interesting aren't they? Michigan labels him 3 star, PSU 4 star, just the reverse of the fellow who recently decommitted from PSU. Fun to speculate until they sign or see the depth chart and say, transfer portal here iIcome.

I understand the skepticism since we have all been here before. Seen it, done it, Heard that sing song before. And all those cliches.

But in this case it appears to be different. One, he would have to know to be very sure this time or he will become a joke. Took some guts to admit a mistake. And big factor is how he stated his relationship with coaches and players. It has developed over time even while committed to scUM. Should mean a lot.

I don't believe these kids (most anyway) see a commitment as meaningful and 100% committed can obviously change the next day. I doubt he cares what Michigan fans think or would care if we thought he was a joke if he left. Nor should he--it's his life.

That said, fully agree with your last line.

So, this is a kid who wanted to commit to Penn State, but was late to the game with Penn State having 3 TEs committed. Then, all of sudden, there was a decommitment, several positions changes, UM coaching change, and kid reached out. Rather than waiting for things to settle out, he panicked a bit and committed to UM. This flip is truly understandable and should stick. Welcome aboard young man. May the NIL Gods be with you.

ADVERTISEMENT