ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking: Dalton Perry commits to PSU

Not sure if it was a compliment or not. I guess it’s how you look at it. When he continued with Iowa being the right choice, that to me kinda insinuates that PSU is an easy choice for a kid to make but not the right choice….which imo he couldn’t possibly know yet…even with his own kid since he hasn’t even stepped on any campus yet and has no idea how things will turn out there. If it was a compliment, I think it was a backhanded one…

Not the first time I’ve seen Hawk fans jumping on this idea as well but here’s a comment by pml_dad in regards to Kolby Franklin…

“I'm extremely excited for any young man wise enough to choose T&T when PSU is the easier choice. That's a kid already bought in in my book.

So, Is this one a compliment to PSU as well?
I agree that how one perceives things is important.

The quoted response is about how I would think a Hawk fan might run with the earlier statement. I take its comparative use of "easier" as implying Iowa is also an easy choice just not as easy. An HR fan post that throws some shade PSU's way, mild as it seems to be to me, shouldn't surprise anyone.

Regardless, I don't believe that is what the Dad intended, and I won't find him guilty by association. I really don't believe the Dad was throwing any shade. And I wouldn't expect the Dad to try to correct any poster who misinterprets him.

First, I see the Dad's comment as being supportive of his son's choice. Second, I see the Dad's words as being geared to Hawk fans (a bit of catering to his audience).

We all have certain inaliable rights, which include pursuit of happiness through our choices and actions. I believe the Dad is supporting his son's pursuit of happiness, and that is realy all he's doing.

After the 2023 NCAA championships, I hope I continue to hear PSU wrestlers say something like "Achieving your NCAA championship dreams at Penn State isn't easy, but choosing to pursue them at Penn State should be the easiest choice. Come to Penn State and win championships. It's what we do!"

Reactions: nitlion6
You have to respect all the kids who commit to train and compete for any college wrestling program.
I agree. The behaviors we don't have to always like, but laying it on the line as wrestlers do is respect-worthy.

"Achieving your NCAA championship dreams at Penn State isn't easy, but choosing to pursue them at Penn State should be the easiest choice. Come to Penn State and win championships. It's what we do!"
man, that’s a lot of words for me to remember coming off the stage after I just won the national championship.

Dalton did an interview with PA Power Wrestle that I really enjoyed. I get very similar vibes that I got from Levi and Kasak as DT guys. Guys who love the sport and the environment DT runs (one that seems to continuously improve his guys rather than peak them early, AKA how PSU is run as Dalton describes it)

Dalton talked about not placing at Powerade early in the season (the only two times he lost), he realized he wasn't taking care of his body the right way with 2 day weigh ins so he adjusted what he was doing off the mat and he wouldn't lose again. He loves learning from his losses and asking questions about what he needs to do better. Kasak says he's extremely mature with how he handles everything and is just committed to the sport.

Finally, what I loved the most is how he described why he just committed to PSU so early.

He's wanted PSU for the last 10 years of his life, he doesn't imagine that'll change in the next 3. Also, if he couldn't wrestle for PSU, he wouldn't have wrestled in college at all. (Sounds like it's just his dream school period even if he wasn't a wrestler)

Is this the new trend? I could see this being the new way. Does PIAA mean much anymore? Levi is 10x better off from by passing his senior year for NLWC
Maybe he is better off from a training standpoint, but being a part of a team and belonging to a group of people with similar maturity levels and interests (ie high school kids) has immeasurable benefits as far as being a part of society and not straying etc. A lot of bad things can happen when a kid feels isolated.

I am not saying he has these problems etc, but what is wrong with a kid being a kid? Why is everyone is such a hurry.

And for that matter - why can't they stay off my lawn?

Maybe he is better off from a training standpoint, but being a part of a team and belonging to a group of people with similar maturity levels and interests (ie high school kids) has immeasurable benefits as far as being a part of society and not straying etc. A lot of bad things can happen when a kid feels isolated.

I am not saying he has these problems etc, but what is wrong with a kid being a kid? Why is everyone is such a hurry.

And for that matter - why can't they stay off my lawn?

When the neighbor kids are on my lawn, it doesn't bother me. When the neighbor's grass clippings get on my lawn....

tommy-boy-chris-farley.gif

When the neighbor kids are on my lawn, it doesn't bother me. When the neighbor's grass clippings get on my lawn....

tommy-boy-chris-farley.gif
What about when your neighbor decides to cut his 2 foot tall grass and blows it onto your yard. Then butchers your yard in a lousy attempt to get the grass clippings where they belong.

Reactions: nittinsc
Then they get one of these...

carson-kuhn-tosses-nato.gif

right back into their yard!
In a perfect world, that would be nice. It's by far not the only time I wish I could do that. The guy is a major pain in my ass.

I actually put stakes in the ground so he stays over on his side. I just blow those clippings back over on my own.

In a perfect world, that would be nice. It's by far not the only time I wish I could do that. The guy is a major pain in my ass.

I actually put stakes in the ground so he stays over on his side. I just blow those clippings back over on my own.
Actually my neighbor has a company mow their lawn. After I blew the grass clipping back in their yard, the next time the company mowed they bagged the grass clippings. I almost shed a tear.

3yjN.gif

Actually my neighbor has a company mow their lawn. After I blew the grass clipping back in their yard, the next time the company mowed they bagged the grass clippings. I almost shed a tear.

3yjN.gif
I always bag my clippings. Otherwise I might as well plant grass in my house and turn my pool into a farm pond. My kids and their friends are always in and out.

Reactions: lookleft goright
I had 4600 square feet of lush sod at one point, but my well started not being able to keep up with the water demands so I let it all die. Using city water would have been exorbitant to say the least here in Southern California. I was bummed to see it go but now I don't miss it. Between the bunnies, gophers, maintenance and water costs, it was a good decision. Besides, my youngest turns 16 on Saturday, so a grass lawn isn't the grass I am worried about :cool:.

I had 4600 square feet of lush sod at one point, but my well started not being able to keep up with the water demands so I let it all die. Using city water would have been exorbitant to say the least here in Southern California. I was bummed to see it go but now I don't miss it. Between the bunnies, gophers, maintenance and water costs, it was a good decision. Besides, my youngest turns 16 on Saturday, so a grass lawn isn't the grass I am worried about :cool:.
You can also get rid of gophers by installing a mat.

It brings me great joy to come home and see how this thread has blossomed since my initial gopher comment : ) I do feel bad for those dogs, though! I actually have a copper tube with an attachment for a small propane tank that a buddy of mine gave me who worked for a propane company. He claimed it would be perfect for killing gophers. Fortunately I never used it and after seeing that first video I never will. I guess the saying is true that God "has a soft spot for fools and little children, and I'm glad 'cause I've been both of those." For another explosive story check out this video of the famous "exploding whale". My wife lived in the area at the time this incident occurred. Exploding whale!

Wow.......this post has totally gone off the rails. Between all the memes and videos it's hard to find the wrestling news and commentary on most posts here anymore.

It brings me great joy to come home and see how this thread has blossomed since my initial gopher comment : ) I do feel bad for those dogs, though! I actually have a copper tube with an attachment for a small propane tank that a buddy of mine gave me who worked for a propane company. He claimed it would be perfect for killing gophers. Fortunately I never used it and after seeing that first video I never will. I guess the saying is true that God "has a soft spot for fools and little children, and I'm glad 'cause I've been both of those." For another explosive story check out this video of the famous "exploding whale". My wife lived in the area at the time this incident occurred. Exploding whale!
An event popularized here:

This is why we got the 285 weight limit. It only took a couple washed up 400 pounders to ruin the weight class.

See, it’s all wrestling related.

I always bag my clippings. Otherwise I might as well plant grass in my house and turn my pool into a farm pond. My kids and their friends are always in and out.

Americans need to do a better job of having people take their shoes off when entering the house. Just think about the sh*t we all walk in all day.

Reactions: PAgeologist
An event popularized here:

At the time of this "the blast blasted blubber beyond all believable bounds" epochal moment I only lived about 45 minutes away in North Bend, Oregon, but I had never heard of this event until a few years ago. As a native Oregonian and former supervisor (I'm grateful there is no video out there memorializing some of my poorer supervisory decisions) it makes me proud every time I watch the video!

ADVERTISEMENT