ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking: Dalton Perry commits to PSU

Or go to an orgy and b*tch about the chip dip.
Avoid all dip at orgies...
giphy.gif

I doubt Cael does much recruiting he just sits back and they all come to him.I would like to know all the kids he has to turn down!

I don't understand some people poopooing this commitment.

There's literally no downside to him committing to PSU right now. None. From either side. If a better offer comes along, he can take it. If a better wrestler comes along, PSU can say thanks but no thanks.

So the natural question then is, "Why did he feel the need to commit now then?" I would imagine his thinking goes like this:

I have what is developing into the wrestling capital of America 30 minutes from my house, closer than some kids probably have to drive to get to his high school every day. OF COURSE I PLAN TO GO THERE.
Grandma said he wanted to go to psu since he began wrestling. Wrestling at M2 and watching psu dominate this year probably sealed the deal now he can focus on wrestling

Full disclosure, Bassets make me feel a little uncomfortable with the media/attention road show they put on, but that could just be me not understanding kids these days. I just wouldn’t want the unnecessary pressure on my kids from the unnecessary attention.
NIL foundation being laid.

Reactions: hlstone
NIL foundation being laid.
Some like it, some hate it but we have to face its now part of the sport. NIL is changing stuff and I agree Makes sense to build that now while he can. Youth wrestlers and youth dads flock to these kids. Fine line between being too much line Ferrari but honestly his hype got him paid. Hope he doesn’t push the AJ end of things. Good character > Good acting

Always wanted to go but haven't made it there yet. We have had guys hunting snakes near some of our project areas up near Cooks Run. That area is polluted with snakes. I won't walk off the roads without snake chaps.
They don't actually wrangle snakes anymore like they used to it's been tamed down quite a bit due to insurance and knuckleheads getting bit on a dare lol

They don't actually wrangle snakes anymore like they used to it's been tamed down quite a bit due to insurance and knuckleheads getting bit on a dare lol
Is this the Morris rattlesnake hunt in Tioga County? Went there as a kid and this year it's slated for June 11 & 12. Right up Rt 287.

I think it was 2-3 years ago we had guys asking about hunting snakes by one of our reclamation sites on Cooks Run.

My cabin is near by morris.

Been going to the snake hunt for decades.
Dunkej01, did you ever see the memorial monument along 287 in English Center for Dr Frederick Reinwald? Dr. Reinwald was killed by a Panther in 1846 while making a call near English Center. My late father showed it to me on our first trip to the Morris rattlesnake hunt. Interesting history.

Sounds like a win-win to me.

Instead of cutting weight a bunch of times a year going to the various big tournaments trying to get noticed, he’s effectively already on scholarship and gets to work on getting better at…wait for it…wrestling.

I won’t pretend to know how many matches a year some of these kids get a year, but if you can spend one extra day a week working on his skills instead of cutting weight, that seems like a good thing. Say he replaces 5-10 tournaments and travel with just practice and recovery days. Between 20-40 days of cutting weight, sitting in a car or airplane, beating up bums until he hits the quarters or semis of most tournaments. That adds up.

Reactions: creamery freak
Dunkej01, did you ever see the memorial monument along 287 in English Center for Dr Frederick Reinwald? Dr. Reinwald was killed by a Panther in 1846 while making a call near English Center. My late father showed it to me on our first trip to the Morris rattlesnake hunt. Interesting history.
I don't recall seeing it but I'll look for it.

BREAKING NEWS:
My uncle and cousin were stocking big pine today and the Tioga Co fish warden says that DCNR will be instituting a $20/night/person camping fee along big pine on public lands and will use officers to enforce it. Also said if you want to park your car over night in tiadaghton Park it's $10/night. Warden says it will go into affect next year. Huge bummer if true

• Wow
Reactions: creamery freak
True story: my brother's first day at Boy Scout camp, at Camp K west of Mifflinburg ...

Dropped off his bag in the tent, did some activities, returned to the tent, heard a noise.

Got the scoutmaster, found a 6-ft rattler underneath.

Scoutmaster called home to notify our parents and let them know everything was OK. Mom set a world speed record. The Autobahn had nothing on Rt. 45. Anything moving that fast should have a flight attendant on board.

Needless to say, that was our family's first and only day ever at scout camp.

Seriously....."Committing" to a college as a 9th grader is essentially no different than filling your bedroom with that college's gear. That is your favorite college. You want everyone to know it. You show your love and commitment by displaying and wearing their gear. Would you tell your 9th grade son or daughter that "It is too soon to state your love for a University" "Take all that stuff down. Stop wearing their gear......you will lose your leverage" Wearing their gear and filling your wall with their posters and going to their games/matches is more of a commitment ( $$$ ) than a "Verbal" in 9th grade. Let's cheer for his choices :).

Seriously....."Committing" to a college as a 9th grader is essentially no different than filling your bedroom with that college's gear. That is your favorite college. You want everyone to know it. You show your love and commitment by displaying and wearing their gear. Would you tell your 9th grade son or daughter that "It is too soon to state your love for a University" "Take all that stuff down. Stop wearing their gear......you will lose your leverage" Wearing their gear and filling your wall with their posters and going to their games/matches is more of a commitment ( $$$ ) than a "Verbal" in 9th grade. Let's cheer for his choices :).
true but it just might keep his phone from constantly vibrating...

English Center was named after my Revolutionary War ancestor, John English.

He died of a rattlesnake bite (just kidding.)

We’ve already been told by Gabe Arnold’s Dad that PSU is the easy choice …whatever the f*** that even means. Iowa fans are now jumping on that stupid concept as well. So with Perry, I’m guessing since he is only in 9th grade, the choice was easier for him than most..

PSU is the easy choice
I understand him to mean noone will second guess a wrestler who chooses PSU. An elite wrester choosing PSU would be making a choice that aligns with conventional wisdom.

I took it as a compliment, even if I see the choice needs to be made mutually easily.

75% off tuition to a B1G school, close to home, that happens to be the best program on the country in his chosen athletic pursuit.

Worst thing that happens is he rides the pine for a couple years, saves his parents/himself a handsome sum, and he transfers.

This is a no-brainer for a kid like Dalton Perry. Meanwhile, he gets to train under an Olympic gold medalist, and if he makes a World team, he can go to NLWC practices, too.

I understand him to mean noone will second guess a wrestler who chooses PSU. An elite wrester choosing PSU would be making a choice that aligns with conventional wisdom.

I took it as a compliment, even if I see the choice needs to be made mutually easily.
Not sure if it was a compliment or not. I guess it’s how you look at it. When he continued with Iowa being the right choice, that to me kinda insinuates that PSU is an easy choice for a kid to make but not the right choice….which imo he couldn’t possibly know yet…even with his own kid since he hasn’t even stepped on any campus yet and has no idea how things will turn out there. If it was a compliment, I think it was a backhanded one…

Not the first time I’ve seen Hawk fans jumping on this idea as well but here’s a comment by pml_dad in regards to Kolby Franklin…

“I'm extremely excited for any young man wise enough to choose T&T when PSU is the easier choice. That's a kid already bought in in my book.”

So, Is this one a compliment to PSU as well?

Last edited:
Reactions: Split shot
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT