dbldoofus

Jan 18, 2017
PA D1
www.ismycomputeronfire.com
The first step in D1 is the PAC-10 Championship
He is top seed @120

1st match, 18-3 TF win
2nd match pinfall 3:58
He is in the finals later today.against Noah Fisher, Boyertown, who is 5-10 and knocked off the 2 seed via MD and the 3-seed by pinfall, so he is now 7-10.

Link: http://live.pa-wrestling.com/2017-2018/pioneer-athletic-conf/

I can't do this. I cannot use the term pinfall anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maddog
Long time PSU employee Bud’s grandson, couldnt find quickly his parents but I assume yes.

PSU ticket guru for 50 years, he retired in 2015.

Reactions: seminnylion
Is he Buddy Meredith's son? He was a classmate of mine back in the 1980s so am curious.

Long time PSU employee Bud’s grandson, couldnt find quickly his parents but I assume yes.

PSU ticket guru for 50 years, he retired in 2015.
Yes, Buddy is his dad, and Bud his grandfather. Friends with Bud. Androcles knows the family far better.

Reactions: seminnylion
What’s his chances at States?
Great senior year and a nice 125lber at PSU.
He'll place.

How high, we'll know more in the next 2 weeks. Returning state champ Doug Zapf is at his weight class, and they're both in District 1.

EDIT: should place high. Checking his results this year: Zapf beat him 3-1 (typical Zapf match), and he beat Louis Newell (113 state finalist) 6-5. Either of those results could be reversed at Hershey, but that's an indication that he could be a state finalist with the right draw.

The one caveat is that we will have no idea what draw he'll get at states. Only the regional champs will get seeded -- Meredith or Zapf but not both. If he beats Zapf at regionals, and already beat Newell, real good chance he'll get the 2 seed -- Logan Macri is also at 120 and has beaten Zapf and Newell.

Last edited:
Edit to above: Meredith should place, though 120 AAA is absolutely loaded and anything is possible.

Here are some of the wrestlers:

SE Regional: Meredith, Zapf (106 champ), Shane Hanson-Ashworth (FR)
NE: Sean Pierson (113 4th), Cam Enriquez (113 6th); Matt Lackman (FR), Brandon Kassis (FR)
SW: Logan Macri (120 5th), Louis Newell (113 2nd), Darren Miller (106 3rd), Wyatt Henson (WV transfer; Sammie Henson's son)

That's 10 guys capable of placing -- and it includes only 2017 PA placewinners + other names I recognized -- thus no prior placewinners, nobody from NW or SC regionals, no last-minute drops from 126, and possibly not all impact freshmen.

Jefe, I greatly look forward to more of your weight class breakdowns for PIAAs following districts. Few have their finger more on point following high school than you, TIA. I know District 11 farely well. For instance, I’m at junior high districts at Parkland. it was pushed back cause of snow event in the Valley last night , semis just started

Reactions: CholleyVandine
Flattery will get you everywhere! And Dice knows much more than me. (Not trying to be humble, that's a fact, he's far more directly involved than I am.)

We'll see if I have time for something like that this year. For better or worse, I'm slammed at work and probably will be for several months ... I'm actually at work right now instead of where I very badly wanted to be. Damn responsibilities.

(That said, I'm at work with Byers streaming. All work and no play makes Jefe a dull boy.)

Since I live near by, was thinking of going to Districts at Spring-Ford High School. Do you know if tickets are available at the door?

Yes, tickets are available for the Districts (District 1 AAA Central), at Spring-Ford. They cost $10. Wrestling starts at 9 am on Saturday. The top 4 in each bracket (PAC and Central League 1st & 2nd in League Championships) have a bye in R1, so Brandon won't take the mat in R1. Have fun

...Bud and I go back almost 50 years to the early 70's when he became the ticket manager...
...during the wrestling season he always left the ticket office at the entrance to Rec Hall (where I thought he lived) when the national anthem was finished and came and sat next to me on the railing in seats that were kept just for his use... he still uses them...
... Bud was a tireless worker and a special representative of Penn State to all alumni... he could be reached at any time if you had a ticket problem - in any season...
... he is very happy with his grandson's decision to walk on at Penn State ... I got a running account of his success during this season and attended a holiday tournament in Bethlehem to meet Brandon and renew past relations with his Dad... Brandon will be an outstanding representative of the team and our university in the future...
...I wish him well... :)

...Bud and I go back almost 50 years to the early 70's when he became the ticket manager...
...during the wrestling season he always left the ticket office at the entrance to Rec Hall (where I thought he lived) when the national anthem was finished and came and sat next to me on the railing in seats that were kept just for his use... he still uses them...
... Bud was a tireless worker and a special representative of Penn State to all alumni... he could be reached at any time if you had a ticket problem - in any season...
... he is very happy with his grandson's decision to walk on at Penn State ... I got a running account of his success during this season and attended a holiday tournament in Bethlehem to meet Brandon and renew past relations with his Dad... Brandon will be an outstanding representative of the team and our university in the future...
...I wish him well... :)
you're correct about bud. he was a gem and always available. he bailed me out once when i arrived in st.louis realizing i had no tickets for the nationals. called and dups were sent to the arena before the morning session began. sadly, things in the ticket office now don't come close to this kind of service.

ADVERTISEMENT