ADVERTISEMENT

Brad Mitchell: Why PSAAforAll - It is Time

May 13, 2015
psaaforall-slate2015-horiz.jpg

It is time for Penn State Alumni to come together and take back control of our Penn State Alumni Association.

PSAAforAll is proud to offer a slate of dedicated, loyal and skilled leaders to help make it happen. Our candidates are Bill Cluck, Mike Kirschner, Toni Knoll, Brad Mitchell, Elizabeth Morgan, David Paterno, Jim Smith, Laurie Stanell, Gary Werkheiser and Susan Wilson.

This election is about changing the status quo and giving voice to all alums, just not the privileged few. Penn State alums must have a voice that is representative of our concerns and interests. As a group of 631,000 Penn State alums, our families have collectively written checks to this university conservatively totaling more than $2 Billion to fund our educations over these past decades. Therefore, PSAAforAll believes:

It is time to admit mistakes — for the entire 2011 Board of Trustees to admit they made many capricious and uninformed decisions resulting in grievous, catastrophic damage and costs to the entire Penn State community.

It is time to apologize — for the entire 2011 Board of Trustees to apologize in writing to the Paterno family, faculty, staff, administration, current students and alumni.

It is time to heal — for the Penn State community to come together again united.

Together — It is time to Build a Better Penn State.

Bradley J Mitchell,
Alumni Council Candidate

Hi Brad, I have a question I'm trying to ask all the Alumni Council candidates: if elected, will you stop back to this forum occassionally and give us updates on what's happening with the Penn State Alumni Association?

One of my biggest disappointments with all of the current elected members of Alumni Council - with the exception of Deb Beidel - is that it is impossible to contact them - and even when I did go out of my way to ask them two questions only one responded (http://bit.ly/1F8i2UU).

Hi Brad, I have a question I'm trying to ask all the Alumni Council candidates: if elected, will you stop back to this forum occassionally and give us updates on what's happening with the Penn State Alumni Association?

One of my biggest disappointments with all of the current elected members of Alumni Council - with the exception of Deb Beidel - is that it is impossible to contact them - and even when I did go out of my way to ask them two questions only one responded (http://bit.ly/1F8i2UU).
Absolutely Mary. Thanks for asking. I believe Alumni Council members need to be engaged with alumni and Tom's board seems like a great way to do it. Communication is a key part of this role.

Absolutely Mary. Thanks for asking. I believe Alumni Council members need to be engaged with alumni and Tom's board seems like a great way to do it. Communication is a key part of this role.

That's a very encouraging response, Brad. Mary asked a legitimate question. I've not met you, but if you follow through on your communication plan, I think you'd be a great addition to Alumni Council. Best of luck in the election, and feel free to post voting reminders, or more info about yourself, during the campaign.

Reactions: Mary QBA
That's a very encouraging response, Brad. Mary asked a legitimate question. I've not met you, but if you follow through on your communication plan, I think you'd be a great addition to Alumni Council. Best of luck in the election, and feel free to post voting reminders, or more info about yourself, during the campaign.
Thanks much for your kind words Tom. I do look forward to meeting you soon. I belive the Penn State Alumni Assocation needs transformational change in the areas of communication, engagement and governance. A new Executive Director coming on board July 1 will pose new challenges and new opportunities for the PSAA as well. PSAAforAll.org is great way to learn more about set of candidates.

Reactions: simons96
My understanding is the alumni association needs to have a current email address for you to receive a ballot.

Please check and see if below helps.

In the event you have technical difficulty accessing the website, please contact our election partner, Votenet Solutions, at 866-307-0041 or psusupport@votenet.com for technical support.

Online voting ends at 11:59 P.M. EDT on May 31, 2015.

If your contact information has changed, please update that information for our records. Click here and select “Record Update Form” to provide your current email address to ensure you receive next year's electronic ballot.

ADVERTISEMENT