ADVERTISEMENT

Bo's Next Event July 3rd, and UCF Series Fights

86PSUPaul

Aug 17, 2017
Assuming my post will not contain the pic (despite me trying), It is a one night grappling team survival event for $25,000, there are 4 teams with captains, two with 3 members and 2 with 4. Bo is on Team Jorge Masvidal with three others. (hey, the pic worked!!)

Assuming my post will not contain the pic (despite me trying), It is a one night grappling team survival event for $25,000, there are 4 teams with captains, two with 3 members and 2 with 4. Bo is on Team Jorge Masvidal with three others. (hey, the pic worked!!)

This is awesome. With that said I have absolutely no idea how any of it works. Any idea on how this is supposed to play out with 4 and 3 people teams?

This is awesome. With that said I have absolutely no idea how any of it works. Any idea on how this is supposed to play out with 4 and 3 people teams?
So my understanding was that the teams were given a total team weight limit of 750lbs. Each go is 10 minutes or until submission. So technically teams could’ve had 6 125lb guys.

So my understanding was that the teams were given a total team weight limit of 750lbs. Each go is 10 minutes or until submission. So technically teams could’ve had 6 125lb guys.
Call me crazy but I still don’t get it.
Does each team put up a person for each round? Or do multiple wrestlers on a team wrestle each round?
I have a vision of three 125 pounders simultaneously wrestling a 375 pound guy, but that seems wrong.

Maybe it's a variation of Team Fighting Championships(that $h#t is crazy)

XuoT.gif

Call me crazy but I still don’t get it.
Does each team put up a person for each round? Or do multiple wrestlers on a team wrestle each round?
I have a vision of three 125 pounders simultaneously wrestling a 375 pound guy, but that seems wrong.
If wrestling you is wrong, I don’t wanna be right

Reactions: lookleft goright
Craig Jones who is on Bo’s team is an incredible grappler. He was part of the Danaher Death Squad along with Gordon Ryan. Bo had a grappling match with Ryan where Ryan tapped out Bo with a triangle choke. The Danaher guys are leg lock masters and really fun to watch. They always go for the submission which unfortunately not everyone in that sport does.

Can anyone link a youtube vid of a grappling match? I could google but I am not sure if what I find would be a true indicator of UFC grappling, of some Russian mass grappling free for all. Though that might be fun to watch anyway.

Can anyone link a youtube vid of a grappling match? I could google but I am not sure if what I find would be a true indicator of UFC grappling, of some Russian mass grappling free for all. Though that might be fun to watch anyway.

Fast forward to 2:30. In a word, grappling "sucks".

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
Last edited:
How is he 3-0 when he got KO’d in that video? Did they have the colors backwards?
Likely one of his amateur loses. Looks like he's 3-3 as an amateur.

Reactions: zzs006
I found this on timing.

You can watch Nickal’s fight on ESPN’s subscription streaming platform ESPN+. The event is scheduled to start at 8:00 p.m. EST with Nickal and Borrego serving as the “Main Event” which means they won’t go on until closer to the 9:30 p.m. mark.

Reactions: hlstone
You
I found this on timing.

You can watch Nickal’s fight on ESPN’s subscription streaming platform ESPN+. The event is scheduled to start at 8:00 p.m. EST with Nickal and Borrego serving as the “Main Event” which means they won’t go on until closer to the 9:30 p.m. mark.

You sure its the main event?

ESPN+ has it listed as ”Match 1”

You

You sure its the main event?

ESPN+ has it listed as ”Match 1”
I got it from this article, but most that I find call it the headliner, which I assume is normally last.

from an article on yahoo sports

You can watch Bo Nickal on August 9th on ESPN+ starting at 8 p.m. eastern as he is the main event of Dana White’s Contender Series 49.

and MMAJunkie on USAToday

In the featured bout, super-prospect Bo Nickal (1-0) meets Zachary Borrego (4-0) in what will now be a catchweight bout after Borrego came in 1.5 pounds over the middleweight limit.

ADVERTISEMENT